I will be painting the Lamby in a few days time. Although I have a rough idea on how to paint it, I request you all to share some valuable info you have on
"HOW TO REPAINT METAL SURFACES"
What I know is
- Strip the vehicle of all parts to be painted
- Wash them with strong detergent
- Sand them using Sanding tools/ Sanding paper, sand them to the bare metal
- Wipe the surface with thinner & a cloth
- Apply first coat of Primer & let it dry
- Apply second coat of primer & let it dry
- Sand the primered surface with 1000/2000grit sandpaper
- Wash the surface again & let it dry
- Apply the first coat of paint & wait for it to dry (3 - 4 hrs minimum)
- Apply second coat of paint, be carefull & watch out for uneven spray from the first attempt
- Rub your palm across the painted surface & if everything is fine, apply the CLEAR COAT/ Lacquer
- Aplly the second coat of Lacquer after the first one dry
- Do some Vinyl Stickering if required (for designs/names etc) then apply Lacquer to the outer edges of the sticker
- JOB DONE :D
The above list is for a surface that has no dents, all tinkering work done.
Please let me know, if I am going wrong somewhere, so that I take the correct steps.
Thanks in Advance