Interior Lighting and Footwell Lighting with LED

Thread Starter #1
Hey Guys,

This is my first DIY post.

As you guys knew my trip to yercaud got postponed, I thought of doing some DIY stuff.

there are some electronic stores near my area in salem. I just went and asked for the LED strip. Surprisingly They said yes and its available for what ever length required. it costs Rs140/= per meter. I chose half a meter white & half a meter blue. the shop where i bought the LED strip Does not deal with loose LEDs and PCBs.

So I went to another shop for the Loose LEDs. I bought 12 white LEDs. 1 PCB & 2 meters of wire for connecting purpose.

I took the PCB and connected the Loose LEDs in series connection by 4x3

Each LED is 3 volts. By connecting 4of them in series it makes 12 volt capable. And for extra illumination, I added 2 more rows so it can give good light spread.

The connections are shown in the below pics.

Then I tried to connect it with a 12 volt supply.

Bingo!!

The Light was perfect.

I also bought a soldering iron for the above assembling purpose.

The Total cost of Materials is Rs260/=

Attachments

Thread Starter #2
Re: Interior Lighting & footwell lighting with LED

Guys Please see the Effect of the LEDs in my car.

The Strips were fixed below the dash board to light the foot well. I used the blue for the purpose.

The white light is fixed in the B pillar.

I connected the Foot well lights to the Roof light.

So when ever i open the door, the light comes to life.

And if i want to switch on manually, That is also possible.

Attachments

Good job buddy , so many people are getting this done on their cars these days.

great stuff, I am going to try in my alto. blue lights stunning

Dude lovely stuff... even I want to do some LED work in my civic..
I get the same LED Strips that you have purchased here in delhi for rs 300 /meter.
I want to install them under the side skirts just in the middle of the doors..and want them to work only when I open the door or unlock it with the remote..

Here are the pics .. IMG_4449.jpg

2011-09-23 18.26.19.jpg

The lights need to be pasted carefully as I don't want any kind of problems or holes in the metallic part. Please guide me with anything that anyone can .. :)

Also please guide me whether these strips are water proof or not??

I will be going for these and side step plates very soon and will post the DIY jobs here for everyone's reference.

Regards
Anshul

wow amazing civic buddy. kudos!! well why dont you go to professional installer so you dont end up spoiling beauty with DIY?

Hey Umang..

I love to experiment and I normally dont make any holes or cuts in the wiring or body so there is no problems with the parts/engine.

I tried the center light of my Maruti 800 with .5 watt LED's and 1 watt LED's and I loved the idea. they have tremendously increased my center light and no expense at all. :)
I would also try in my civic but only after I get expert in this. :P

The pics follow soon.

Regards
Anshul

hello italian Raider,
I got my led srip today, but I am not sure where to cut it from[confused], the strip that i have is 30cm as u have showed in 2nd image I understood where to solder the wires but am not sure as from where to divide this into 2 parts also. :please::help:

Top Bottom