Wondering what project ATOM is all about? Well, its not something related to atoms and nuclear reactions, its actually a computer which runs on an atom based processor supplied by Intel, I named the project after the processor.
Project atom is formally called as CARPUTER; a carputer is a computer with less power consumption with a small cabinet and a touch screen monitor for inputs without the fuss of a mouse and a keyboard.
If you want something exciting and unique for your ride, a carputer is what you want, after all it’s all about the interest you take in making your car a head turner. I love my ride and that is why I came up with this initiative.
What is it used for?
It’s the best alternative for a head unit in your car, a head unit can only play audio files, receive radio frequencies and play them, but a carputer has endless benefits,
Well, lets see what a carputer offers you over a conventional head unit at a fraction of the cost,
- Run Windows or Linux OS with virtually any software application
- Crisp VGA Resolution of up to 1024x768
- Large capacity hard drive for all your media storage needs
- Intuitive touch screen for easy control through your fingertips
- Internet connectivity on the run
- Send and Receive emails in your car
- Play music in M3P, Wav and other conventional formats
- Video Playback in virtually any format without supporting hardware limitations
- Store, organize and view your pictures
- Support for GPS Navigation with Indian Maps
- Support for iPods and other media devices
- Store and playback music in FLAC and other lossless formats
- Support for mass storage devices
- Break free of the burden of carrying along your entire CD collection
- Play games
- Camera support for backup and video surveillance
- Synchronize and update your files and folders with your Desktop PC
- Synchronize your contacts and SMS with your mobile or smart phone
- Pristine audio quality when connected to a quality Soundcard or DAC
- Hands free function for your mobile phone
- Connect to any device with Bluetooth support
- Connect to any Wi-Fi network
The applications are unlimited and limited only to an individual's imagination. For me its more that what we can get on wheels, its dream come true for me.
wanted to do something diff for my lovely ride, so decided to do this, most of you might not be knowing bout this concept.
it took 5months for me to arrange enough cash, get stuff needed from abroad, source some stuff locally, get an idea of how and where to install them and stuff, over all after 5months of heavy work, i installed it in my ride this morning..the install took 2days for me.
pics and other details coming soon