DIY Wiper Stalk Upgrade For Maruti Suzuki Cars

Thread Starter #1
**DIY inspired from another forum where the OP replaced the wiper stalk of his Maruti Suzuki Celerio with one from the S-Cross Zeta.

OVERVIEW
Across the Maruti line up, only the top end S-Cross and the top end Baleno has wipers with variable intermittent function. The erstwhile top end SX4 too had it with a slightly different shape and without the rear wipe/wash function as it was a sedan.

All top end Maruti hatchbacks have a rear wiper so the one from the S-Cross/Baleno can be used in them and in the Ertiga too, thanks to parts sharing across the range. Dzire owners can use the one from SX4.

The DIY

My Car is a WagonR Stingray VXi which has a rear wiper.

I ordered the part from boodmo dot com and it arrived almost after a month when I was about to give up and ask for refund. I communicated by the 2nd week after ordering and the boodmo guys told that the part was not available with their first vendor and they were looking for a second vendor. Anyway, the part arrived yesterday and I set to work today morning itself. Took me around 20mins to complete the job. No modification, no wire cutting, just plug and play.

Items required:
MGP part no 37310M74L40 ( and 37310M75J20 for without rear wiper)
A Philips screwdriver, a flat head screwdriver.
A flat prying tool, I used a paper knife.

IMG_20180628_063411.jpg

First locate the screws fastening the steering column cover. There will be three screws as marked below. Two on the front side and one at the bottom, near the tilt adjustment lever.
IMG_20180628_061821.jpg
Circled in red, both sides.

IMG_20180628_063015.jpg
Circled in red.

Remove these screws and pry out the top and bottom covers by using a knife as plastic locks lock them in place. Be careful as slight miss can make scuff marks on the cover. I got a couple of them.

IMG_20180628_062127.jpg
Locks circled in red.

When enough gap is made, push gently on the lock(marked in the pic below) with the flat end of a screwdriver and the original wiper stalk will come out.

IMG_20180628_062355-1.jpg
Stalk connector circled in red.
Electrical connector lock circled in yellow.

Now pull out the connector by gently pushing the electrical connector lock.

Pin layout for both the stalks are same.

IMG_20180628_062621.jpg

Fit the new stalk to the connector and reverse the above steps.
Just P&P and you have an upgraded wiper function.

IMG_20180628_063308.jpg

If you notice carefully, the rear wiper function has a INT mode which was not present in the old stalk. In the new stalk, the rear wiper is not functioning on the INT mode. Other than that all other functions are working as they are supposed to.

The old stalk design was similar to the light stalk on the right. But the new one is slightly different and bulkier. I don't mind this though as the functionality outweighs the aesthetics part.

Before purchasing, do ensure that your connector is same as the one in the pics as older cars had a different type.

Happy Driving in the monsoons.

Attachments

Re: DIY wiper stalk upgrade for Maruti Suzuki cars.

I have done the same mod on my Celerio. However it was not DIY. I got an accessory shop to do it for me.

**DIY inspired from another forum where the OP replaced the wiper stalk of his Maruti Suzuki Celerio with one from the S-Cross Zeta.

OVERVIEW
Across the Maruti line up, only the top end S-Cross and the top end Baleno has wipers with variable intermittent function. The erstwhile top end SX4 too had it with a slightly different shape and without the rear wipe/wash function as it was a sedan.

All top end Maruti hatchbacks have a rear wiper so the one from the S-Cross/Baleno can be used in them and in the Ertiga too, thanks to parts sharing across the range. Dzire owners can use the one from SX4.

The DIY

My Car is a WagonR Stingray VXi which has a rear wiper.

I ordered the part from boodmo dot com and it arrived almost after a month when I was about to give up and ask for refund. I communicated by the 2nd week after ordering and the boodmo guys told that the part was not available with their first vendor and they were looking for a second vendor. Anyway, the part arrived yesterday and I set to work today morning itself. Took me around 20mins to complete the job. No modification, no wire cutting, just plug and play.

Items required:
MGP part no 37310M74L40 ( and 37310M75J20 for without rear wiper)
A Philips screwdriver, a flat head screwdriver.
A flat prying tool, I used a paper knife.

View attachment 245663

First locate the screws fastening the steering column cover. There will be three screws as marked below. Two on the front side and one at the bottom, near the tilt adjustment lever.
View attachment 245656
Circled in red, both sides.

View attachment 245661
Circled in red.

Remove these screws and pry out the top and bottom covers by using a knife as plastic locks lock them in place. Be careful as slight miss can make scuff marks on the cover. I got a couple of them.

View attachment 245657
Locks circled in red.

When enough gap is made, push gently on the lock(marked in the pic below) with the flat end of a screwdriver and the original wiper stalk will come out.

View attachment 245658
Stalk connector circled in red.
Electrical connector lock circled in yellow.

Now pull out the connector by gently pushing the electrical connector lock.

Pin layout for both the stalks are same.

View attachment 245660

Fit the new stalk to the connector and reverse the above steps.
Just P&P and you have an upgraded wiper function.

View attachment 245662

If you notice carefully, the rear wiper function has a INT mode which was not present in the old stalk. In the new stalk, the rear wiper is not functioning on the INT mode. Other than that all other functions are working as they are supposed to.

The old stalk design was similar to the light stalk on the right. But the new one is slightly different and bulkier. I don't mind this though as the functionality outweighs the aesthetics part.

Before purchasing, do ensure that your connector is same as the one in the pics as older cars had a different type.

Happy Driving in the monsoons.
Amazing DIY in your WagonR.
I have never done a DIY in any of my cars yet,is it really that simple, i have an Alpha Baleno, it doesnt have speed settings.
Would love to try this DIY.

Thread Starter #5

I have done the same mod on my Celerio. However it was not DIY. I got an accessory shop to do it for me.
Good, you now have a feature which is reserved only to the top models of just two cars by MSIL. I wonder why this can't be provided to all their models. It doesn't cost much and offers good functionality over the regular stalks.

Amazing DIY in your WagonR.
I have never done a DIY in any of my cars yet,is it really that simple, i have an Alpha Baleno, it doesnt have speed settings.
Would love to try this DIY.
How much did the labour cost?
You can very well install it in your car.
Labour cost is NIL as I did it myself, but satisfaction level is high[;)]

Top Bottom