DIY: Building a Wooden Garage For Car Models

Thread Starter #1
Hi everyone,
This is shrijit303.Logged in TAI after ages.Was busy with studies the entire year long, but finally got some time to build a wooden garage during winter vacations.The steps to build are as follows:-
1)Take few pieces of a plywood of any width(I did it with 12mm ply) and get it cut into the desired size.
2)Since I wanted to laminate the interior too,I did the inside lamination before making the dovetail joint and dried the glue for a day.
3)The next thing is to cut a dovetail joint using a chisel and carefully getting it fixed and dry it for a day.
4)Once the dovetail has dried up, Lamination begins on the exterior using masking tape.
5)After drying it for a day, the garage is finally completed.
Unfortunately, I did not click any pictures of the above procedures,but I will surely upload the pictures in a day or two.
Any suggestions/comments and questions are welcomed.

Re: DIY:Building a wooden garage for car models

Amazing DIY Shrijit.
This is the 1st time i have come across a DIY of a wooden Car Garage, i am excited to see the pics.
I am sure your DIY will help a lot of Car Enthusiasts.
Please post lots of pics a.s.a.p

Thread Starter #5
hello Everyone,
Sorry for the long wait of a month.Could not upload the pictures as because of final examinations.Here the pictures finally!
Products used-
1.Plywood- Front-Globe Marine Ply 12mm
Back-Ecotech 4mm ply
2.Laminate-Royal Touche East Indian rosewood
You can check it here-https://www.royaletouche.com/laminate/48jw/
3.Side covered with Teakwood beat
@bhvm-The Maruti Omni has been abondoned for a year as it's dynamo is gone as per the MASS.The cost of replacing it is about 20k which is not possible right now, hopefully it will be repaired soon.

Attachments

Last edited:

bhvm

Honoured Member
@bhvm-The Maruti Omni has been abondoned for a year as it's dynamo is gone as per the MASS.The cost of replacing it is about 20k which is not possible right now, hopefully it will be repaired soon.
Thats sad.
But for 20k~25k, you'll not only get a used Alternator but an entire running old vehicle. Atleast here there so many junky Omnis running on the road. Or you can try altering it with nano/ Alto/ Swift alternator. Pully change will be required.

Last edited:

Top Bottom