The Automotive India

The Automotive India (http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/)
-   Do It Yourself (http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/do-yourself/)
-   -   DIY Multix Front Seat Under Space Optimisation! (http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/do-yourself/31349-diy-multix-front-seat-under-space-optimisation.html)

multix 27th May 2017 01:04 PM

DIY Multix Front Seat Under Space Optimisation!

20 Attachment(s)
Hi,
This DIY was to convert my Multix Front Seat under space to tool box, storage space and speaker box (all-in-one).
My Multix audio system is an average performer so I decided to upgrade it my style.
Things that I did.
1. Assembled a amplifier board using IC 4440 dual channel with Bass/Treble. (Cost Rs.210)
2. Bought tweeter and speaker for the setup. (Cost Rs.400 + Rs.900)
3. Used my 8mm plywood for the work. (Cost Rs.500)
4. Speaker cloth and fevicol. (Rs.300 + Rs.150)
5. Few wires, soldering and other connectors. (Rs.140)
Total Cost - Rs.2600.
Time 3 Days 01-May, 16-May and 26-May. (in-between days were vacation holidays ;-))
Let me know what you think about it.

kasscon 27th May 2017 05:31 PM

Re: DIY Multix Front Seat Under Space Optimisation!

Nice and pretty near job for DIY. Please do share you experience with multiple as well.

bhvm 28th May 2017 02:56 PM

I absolutely loved the idea of using IC4440 for Automotive applications. Not only its cheap, but its very nice sounding amp for the price, sometimes beating dedicated car HUs.

Very nice diy up there. Keep it up!

multix 28th May 2017 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bhvm (Post 539389)
I absolutely loved the idea of using IC4440 for Automotive applications. Not only its cheap, but its very nice sounding amp for the price, sometimes beating dedicated car HUs.

Very nice diy up there. Keep it up!

Yes, you are absolutely correct. The bass/treble controls gives enough punch as well. I have planned to go for another set of speakers because the soundboss is not enough to handle the power of the amp.

amitpshelke 29th May 2017 12:00 PM

Great job! Best utilization of space.

Does it damps the sound and make it little unclear. I just had a doubt on it.

bhvm 29th May 2017 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by multix (Post 539426)
Yes, you are absolutely correct. The bass/treble controls gives enough punch as well. I have planned to go for another set of speakers because the soundboss is not enough to handle the power of the amp.

Quote:

Originally Posted by amitpshelke (Post 539468)

The current setup has co-ax speakers near the legs. While sound is punchy and neat, the sound stage might be suffering. If you are looking for an upgrade, get Component speakers. Put mid-bass in the same place and place tweeters in dash/A Pillars for proper stereo effect.

multix 29th May 2017 07:18 PM

8 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by amitpshelke (Post 539468)

The sound cracks when volume is raised, the reason being I used coaxial speakers. The problem is with the speakers' limitation. Going to change it for a component speaker/woofer.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bhvm (Post 539480)
The current setup has co-ax speakers near the legs. While sound is punchy and neat, the sound stage might be suffering. If you are looking for an upgrade, get Component speakers. Put mid-bass in the same place and place tweeters in dash/A Pillars for proper stereo effect.

You are absolutely correct. This is the reason I am going to change the coaxial. The full setup is somewhat like this. The main HU powers the dashboard speakers which came with the vehicle. I have connected additional tweeters with those speakers and placed it in Pillar A.
The 4440 powers the leg room speakers and high end tweeters placed in Pillar B. The plan was to have a stereophonic effect. One more thing is I use the HU for normal music. And go into "theatre mode" by switching on 4440.

multix 29th May 2017 08:11 PM

2 Attachment(s)
The most important thing of this setup is that I have not made ANY modification to the vehicle. The amp board is hidden behind the HU. The speaker and tweet wire are routed behind the dash and floor board.

bhvm 30th May 2017 01:14 PM

This has to be the sweetest sounding Mutix ever!
BTW, you can have Quadraphonic effect by using stock HU and IC4440 combined. Just needs a signal splitter@!

satyaeet 1st June 2017 06:31 PM

Excellent job sir.
Lot of hard work and dedication but its worth all the effort.