We all want to foam wash our car. But the cost of buying a 120+bar pressure washer and a snow foam lance is extraordinarily high priced especially in India. So, my cheapness made me to search for other alternatives to foam wash my car. After watching a lot of videos of youtube and asking other, I improvised on this.
Things you'll need -
- Pressure Sprayer (perferable 2L)
- Foaming concentrate (Proklear SFC)
- Syringe (5ml)
- Steel Scrub
Take the pressure sprayer and make a small hole in intake line above 2lts mark (higher the better). Hole should be big enough to fit a pen nib. Step-2:
Remove the plunger of syringe and shove steel scrubs in limited quantity till you reach 4ml mark on syringe. Step-3:
Take the modified syringe and place it on the nozzle attachment of pressure sprayer. Normally, a 5ml syringe should fit perfectly (interference fit). Step-4:
I used Proklear SFC as a foam concentrate. Recommended is to used 10ml of solution to every 1000ml of warm water. It took 3ltrs of water to cover my complete car, use only in 1ltr step. Tightly screw the head to bottle and give ~30 strokes to pump, then hold the spray buttom. A wet foam should me flowing out via the syringe. An even thicker wet foam can be produce if use 250ml steps instead of 1ltr step.
Here are some videos,
Using 1ltr of solution in pressure sprayer :
Using 250ml of solution in perssure sprayer: Cost :
Pressure Sprayer : 350INR/- (amazon : Manual Pump Sprayer
Proklear SFC : 300INR/- (amazon :Proklear SFC
Syringe : 5INR/-
Steel scrub : 20INR/-
Total : 675 INR/- Time Consumed
: 10 minutes
If you don't have an access to a syringe, you can use a Vicks mini pack and a fine mesh. just make two holes in vicks mini pack, one should be 10mm (nozzle size) and another should me 20mm and place fine mesh inside the mini pack in between two holes.
Place this attachment on the pressure sprayer nozzle as showing in picture. TIPS :
- Do not store the pressure sprayer with pressure developed inside it.
- You can use glass wool instead of steel scrub.
- (Do it at risk) It is possible to produce very thick foam by cutting the intake line and placing a 3 way T shaped connector. One hole should be connected to intake, another should be free and last one should have a line extending to bottom of sprayer bottle.
- It is possible to add a tyre valve and pressurize it via a car tyre pump. But just be careful, too much pressure can be hazardous.
- If you put a flat nozzle to syringe to get a vertical spray pattern.