DIY Fuel Filter Replacement on Maruti 800

Thread Starter #1
Hello friends! finally found time to pen my experience with performing a DIY fuel filter replacement on my 2005 M800 MPFI .I wanted to perform it as I dint know if it had ever been replaced as mine was purchased second hand in 2011 and also as a reason to kill time on a long boring sunday [:D].I have tried my best to include all steps and relevant pictures in this description .
Things needed:
1)MGP FUEL FILTER(MPFI SPECIFIC) : MRP 335 RS
2)SOCKET AND WRENCH SET WITH EXTENSION
3)JACK AND JACK STANDS
4)SAFETY GOGGLES
5)LARGE PACKAGING CARDBOARD FOR PROTECTING FLOOR
6)SMALL VESSEL TO CATCH LEAKING PETROL
7)RAG CLOTHS
8)HOSE CLAMP PLIER/LONG NEEDLE NOSE PLIER
Procedure:
jack up the back side of the car on both sides and use jack stand to support as you will need to get under it to undo the bolts holding the fuel filter.Its located on the left hand side ,in a small recess ahead of the fuel tank .Remove the left wheel to create more space for accessing the inlet hose from the fuel tank .
Slide under the car and undo the 11 mm bolts on top and bottom of the old filter.First undo the bolts and then remove the rubber hoses carrying fuel otherwise fuel will spill onto your face .I should emphasize that you have to wear safety goggles for dust and fuel will splash suddenly.
Once the bolts are removed use a hose clamp pliers or needle hose pliers to clamp on the hose clamp and loosen it .Slide it over to the center of the hose .Undo the outlet rubber hose first by wiggling and catch the fuel in the line and some fuel exiting the filter.Next pinch the hose clamp on the inlet side for filter and gently wiggle out this end .More fuel will flow out as it is linked to the fuel tank.Now slowly take the filter out and beware it contains fuel which will spill out .Fuel filter be freed from the recess by rotating it .
Take the new fuel filter and first attach the inlet rubber hose to the inlet of fuel filter.It is clearly marked as "IN "on the fuel filter.Push the hose clamp back into position.Next attach the outlet rubber hose and clamp it .Slide the fuel filter back into the recess and loosely tighten the 11 mm holding bolts.Once you have snugged the bolts tighten it into position equally.Next switch on the ignition of car to on position two to three times to 'prime' the fuel filer with petrol .My car started on the first crank itself .Done mission accomplished.[clap]Take a test drive ;stop to check if any fuel is leaking from the area of the rubber hoses where it was clamped to the inlet and outlet.
Its very claustrophobic under the car even after raising it with jack stands ! But I was happy i accomplished this alone within about 2 hours time.

Attachments

bhvm

Honoured Member
Re: DIY fuel filter replacement on M800

Excellent guide.
Keep up the good work.

You may also try uploading a video of whole process.

Hope you had relieved the fuel pressure and disconnected the fuel pump relay before proceeding.

Thread Starter #4

Nope I didn't do anything as you mentioned ..hopefully in haven't damaged anything [cry]..the car is working as usual and I have done two tankfulls without any problem .

Thread Starter #5

I wanted to take more pictures and short videos but I got so engrossed in my work I realised it after I completed my job! Also as I mentioned I was claustrophobic so wanted to get out from under the car ASAP [;)]

Top Bottom