I have Recently swapped my swift's quiet damaged OEM
Gear knob to a Vitara Brezza Type Knob as a DIY
. And the results are quiet amazing.
Went to MGP Store one day for buying a new replacement gear knob for my swift as it was a long pending one. they showed me the swifts original knob and it costed 378/-,
And as i saw a swift owner on team bhp forum fitted a ciaz/ baleno and vitara brezza type knob and it looked awesome suited well with the swift, So i too asked for the same and they said that currently it is not available the parts are in transit and it will be available within the next 2 days. And visited 2 days later bought the knob it costed me 330/- And quality of the product was awesome the grooves in it are very comfy and grippy.
Now coming to the instructions on how to fit it:
1. Remove the surrounding panel of the gearknob
2. Pull the Leather Upholstery cover on the knob after taking it off
3. Keep a Flat headed Screw driver between the knob and the silver bushing and push the knob upwards
4. Coil the Leather Upholstery well within the white bushing
5. Place your new knob into the T groove and push it firmly into the groove and confirm it twice and fix the leather panel back to its place
6. And then Refit the plastic panel back to its place and the installation is finished, Enjoy Gearing Buddies
Tools required for the installation:
1. Flat headed screw
2. New Replacement gear knob
Now Basically its gonna be a Image Explanation but i have took a video on how to replace the Gear knob and posted it in my channel i'll attach that so that would be even more easy for any others who want to change the same.