DIY: Extend Range On Keyless Entry Remote

Thread Starter #1
hi this is my first DIY hope you all like it.
from past 2 months i m feeling that rang of my center looking remote is very very less (10feet) so first i change the battery of the remote but it was useless there is no difference in remote range so as being a cell phone tecnicition my mind force me to do some thing.so i use a technique which we use in mobile witch have low signal problem
so here's the list of things you need for that DIY
1.a screwdriver with flat head

2.soldering iron

3.soldering wire

4.a piece of wire to boost the rang of your remote

now open your center looking remote care fully
find the antenna on remote circuit

solder the wire on one of the point of antenna

now pack the remote and hear you go now remote range is boosted upto 10x min is working now from 100-110 feet which was work from 10feet before my DIY

Last edited:
That is a great DIY! Really simple yet effective. But looking at it the other way, you have more chances of accidentally unlocking the car even without your notice.

Thread Starter #5
ice_wise i have siren installed in my car if car will unlocked siren will start his work and i also have immobilizer in my center looking if some one start my car without siren will start his work again
my car is parked far away from my house like 500feet so its not possible to unlock my car from my house if kids have remote in there hand[evil]

generalmax i dont think so

ice_wise i have siren installed in my car if car will unlocked siren will start his work and i also have immobilizer in my center looking if some one start my car without siren will start his work again
my car is parked far away from my house like 500feet so its not possible to unlock my car from my house if kids have remote in there hand[evil]
Hay ! nice DIY Buddy . Its a very very simple but important DIY. I know there are so many people who are not happy from their remote's range, specially when they try to find their car in a big crowded parking lot. Keep it up bro, i am sure you will become our next DIY GURU.

Excellent, it that autocop dx series remote, I have same. Also do you have idea how to convert to better looking remote?

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #8
don't know the model of remote it come with the car from tata and also have tata logo
for batter look you have to convert your car key in to flip key which have in built remote

Top Bottom