DIY Car Headlamp Washer

Thread Starter #1
well this is my 1st diy on my maruti zen . and would like to share with you guys.
well big cars had headlamp washer and i thought why not add headlamp washer on my zen too.

so to begin with
things you need
1] 2 windshield washer nozzles
2] 3 meter car water pipe
3] 2 T Shape junction

lets the pics do the talking
feel free to ask questions
note: did this on my maruti zen
also tried by my friends on their maruti alto , 800.

also note that water in the water tank gets empty soon as when you pull the swift for windshield washer the water sprays on the headlamp also thus leading to empty water tank .

need how to make separate switch and tank for headlamp washer please help .
forgive for bad editing of picture

Attachments

well this is my 1st diy on my maruti zen . and would like to share with you guys.
well big cars had headlamp washer and i thought why not add headlamp washer on my zen too.
Nice though Dina. I have also been dwelling on this ides for my 118NE.
1. The nozzle for headlamp washer actually sprays water covering a wide area, unlike windshield water nozzle which squirts a jet of water. Was looking into AliExpress.com - Online Shopping for Electronics, Fashion, Home & Garden, Toys & Sports, Automobiles from China. to buy one.
2. There are 2 types of windshield water spray motors. One of them has the suction line a part of the housing itself and is directly plugged into the water tank itself.
41rlh2EbV4L._SX300_.jpg
Second one has hose nipples for entry and exit.
anc-61-12_w_ml.jpg
If your car has the second type, you can easily introduce a Tee and use another motor of the same type and operate this with an extra switch. See attachment for both motor types.
Picture sources: http://www.amazon.com/Windshield-Washer-Pump-Grommet-fits/dp/B009PDE3QK
ANCO Windshield Washer Pumps 61-12 - Free Shipping on Orders Over $99 at Summit Racing

The other option you have is to replace the water tank with a tank from Swift / Vista etc. which has a rear wiper also.
$_57.JPG
Hence there will be 2 motors attached to the same tank. You know how to wire & plump them up as per your requirement.

Attach pictures of the actual car with washer jets.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #3
Nice though Dina. I have also been dwelling on this ides for my 118NE.
1. The nozzle for headlamp washer actually sprays water covering a wide area, unlike windshield water nozzle which squirts a jet of water. Was looking into AliExpress.com - Online Shopping for Electronics, Fashion, Home & Garden, Toys & Sports, Automobiles from China. to buy one.
2. There are 2 types of windshield water spray motors. One of them has the suction line a part of the housing itself and is directly plugged into the water tank itself.
View attachment 181356
Second one has hose nipples for entry and exit.
View attachment 181357
If your car has the second type, you can easily introduce a Tee and use another motor of the same type and operate this with an extra switch. See attachment for both motor types.
Picture sources: http://www.amazon.com/Windshield-Washer-Pump-Grommet-fits/dp/B009PDE3QK
ANCO Windshield Washer Pumps 61-12 - Free Shipping on Orders Over $99 at Summit Racing

The other option you have is to replace the water tank with a tank from Swift / Vista etc. which has a rear wiper also.
View attachment 181358
Hence there will be 2 motors attached to the same tank. You know how to wire & plump them up as per your requirement.

Attach pictures of the actual car with washer jets.
ILANGOP my zen has rear wiper too so one motor is connected to front washer and other to rear washer

planing to get motor with 2 outlets but the water tank is too small for all purpose use

is it possible to make completely different tank wiring for the headlamp washer?

is it possible to fit headlamp wipers too ? had seen on maruti 800 in mumbai last year.

is it possible to make completely different tank wiring for the headlamp washer?
Yes, very much possible. Use a motor as shown in the second picture in my above post, along with the radiator water expansion tank of Force Minidor. This is a cute little water tank with a capacity of about 500ml. Or else use a tank from Premier Padmini or Sumo Gold (both tanks are same).
is it possible to fit headlamp wipers too ? had seen on maruti 800 in mumbai last year.
Nothing is impossible, But are you thinking of some serious off-roading with your Zen. [clap]

Thread Starter #6
Making completely different tank will be good . As far as offroading goes yes I like to drive on muddy road and most of my trips are on ghat road . So would like to add wiper

Rakesh I saw your DIY you did on your also adding rear wiper on your alto . My zen was basically . Without wiper luckily I found lxi dicky iin scrap yard with wiper and motor cost me rs 1500 for full dicky, went and bought tank of zen vxi which accommodates 2 motors . Now got defogger glass for my zen but don't have the wiring .

Last edited by a moderator:

Top Bottom