I never had steering cover on my Alto k10. Never seriously thought of installing one. But somehow DIY bug bitten me and had done DIY of installing tweeters in My K10(Sorry Don't have snaps to share that DIY
, Since I was so excited and forgot to document, My Bad.) Now I wanted to try more DIYs and first thing got to my mind was DIY of my Car steering cover.
To be frank, its not complete DIY. Its DIY stitching of steering cover, to be technically correct.
1. Ordered Steering cover from Ebay for INR 260. Steering Cover link
2. Received the order after 2 working days. I had ordered for black color, may be the seller is having divine vision or something sent Ecru Beige color. It complements my Car color, you know why? My K10 color is Ecru Beige. Yes, That's why I mentioned seller having divine vision.
The package contains- Steering cover,stitching thread, needle.
3. I started the stitching. For people who thinks its easy, NO! its not easy
. But that's the trill of DIYs. It took 4 hours to complete the stitching. Yes, It was worth 4 hours. Because, you will be happy and proud of your self. The End Result!!
- Needle will be slippery, Its not so easy to handle.
- Needs patience and determination to complete.
- Dont steer or drive leaving task half way, not even 100 mts. There is a risk for thread getting stick under steering and you may forget to notice.
- Believe me, You will be happy , Self content after finishing.
- This is my first post. please excuse me for any mistakes and your feedback for improvement is most welcome.
Complementing my K10 looks.