DIY Steering Cover Installation For Maruti Alto K10

Thread Starter #1
Hi All,

I never had steering cover on my Alto k10. Never seriously thought of installing one. But somehow DIY bug bitten me and had done DIY of installing tweeters in My K10(Sorry Don't have snaps to share that DIY[frustration], Since I was so excited and forgot to document, My Bad.) Now I wanted to try more DIYs and first thing got to my mind was DIY of my Car steering cover.

To be frank, its not complete DIY. Its DIY stitching of steering cover, to be technically correct.

1. Ordered Steering cover from Ebay for INR 260.

Steering Cover link

2. Received the order after 2 working days. I had ordered for black color, may be the seller is having divine vision or something sent Ecru Beige color. It complements my Car color, you know why? My K10 color is Ecru Beige. Yes, That's why I mentioned seller having divine vision.

The package contains- Steering cover,stitching thread, needle.
20150504_131354.jpg

3. I started the stitching. For people who thinks its easy, NO! its not easy. But that's the trill of DIYs. It took 4 hours to complete the stitching. Yes, It was worth 4 hours. Because, you will be happy and proud of your self. [clap]

The End Result!![:D]
20150505_204554.jpg

PS:
- Needle will be slippery, Its not so easy to handle.
- Needs patience and determination to complete.
- Dont steer or drive leaving task half way, not even 100 mts. There is a risk for thread getting stick under steering and you may forget to notice.
- Believe me, You will be happy , Self content after finishing.
- This is my first post. please excuse me for any mistakes and your feedback for improvement is most welcome.

Imperfection 1
20150505_204626.jpg

Imperfection 2
20150505_204615.jpg

Complementing my K10 looks.
20150505_205020.jpg

Regards,

CARleone

Hey CARleone.
A good and neat attempt! Appreciate it.

Yes, this color compliments your K10 rather than the standard black you would have got otherwise.

Why did it take you 4 hours? I did this in my Liva (because of the crappy quality of the Toyota one) and it took me 1 hour to finish the job! And yes, the final outcome and the happiness associated with it is priceless.

BTW I got it for Rs. 140 (aftermarket). As the price was considerably lower, I got two of them. One to try out myself and the other in case I messed up the first one. But, it was pretty easy if you have good concentration and dedication on your work.

Thread Starter #4
Why did it take you 4 hours?
Initially, I didn't had the clue how to stitch[confused]. I messed with thread and it was stuck behind the steering and removing it took more than 45 min[cry]. Then the needle was not having appropriate grip. Everything led me to spend 4 hours. Since now I know how it be done. I will help others to compete it within 2 hours.

the other regular fitting type,usually slips and rolls over after quite sometime.
I second that, I had seen in my friend's ride. For the same reason, I never thought of steering cover

Top Bottom