My car is Zen Estilo and rear speaker is installed in rear boot placing a ply wood board behind the seat which is very helpful to hold our items behind the back seat.
The disadvantage of this fixing is , whenever we engage luggage from the boot there's good chance to touch the speaker magnet,terminals and wires and it may get broken very easily. Once my Pioneer speaker terminal connecter is broken into two pieces
I visited some accessory shops and many are hesitant to repair because it's time consuming job or interested in only in other job that they earn more money
. Everyone says we need to go to SP Road (Bangalore) to get the spares or get it repaired. Since I am a lazy guy to roam around the streets, I was thinking of doing some jugaad work
This is my broken one,
Here are the tool lists required which I already own,
Steps to do:
- Screw driver set
- Soldering iron,lead,paste
- Wire stripper
- Axo blade
- Any unused circuit board ( this one I took it from my daughter's broken toy )
- Fevi quick / any quick adhesive
- Step1 : Cut the unused circuit board with axo blade to fix it in the speaker provided there should be two terminals to solder later.
- Step 2: Place the board into speaker terminal holder apply adhesive
- Step 3: Remove the broken terminal connector and solder the internal wire from the cone to circuit board.
- Step 4: Connect the input wire, this to be connected to stereo/amp.
- Step 5: Now it's ready to rock!!
Thank you !!