2011 Fluidic Verna with Coil Spring Assisters

Thread Starter #1
So finally after lot of hesitations I finally decided to go ahead and get Autorunner Coil spring assisters installed in my verna. I bought them from Mr. Darryl (contact no.9821047448) who is also the manufacturer of these assisters. I paid Rs.4300 for four assisters including courier charges. Darryl is a really genuine person and he explained me everything about the assisters when I called him up for the first time. I bought assisters for all four springs from him. The assisters size is different for different vehicles. I Got 1.5'' autorunner B3 installed in all four springs.
The installation is very easy with the rear coil spring assister installation being the easiest. the front ones need just a bit more muscle power. [angry] I jacked up the car and sprayed some soap water on the springs and pushed the assisters in place. Its definetly a DIY job and can be done at home.

The car has completed almost 500 kms with the assisters and the following re my observations

Pros

• The bounciness has reduced on highway speeds and car feels much better controlled. The so called 'BOAT' feel is gone.
  • Increased ground clearance
  • Slightly stiffer ride quality than before.
  • Slightly reduced suspension noise over bumps

Cons

• I have been told it increases tyre wear by at least 10%
  • Maybe it has some impact on the coil springs

I am not really bothered about tyre wear because of what i am getting in return for it as improved ride quality.
and, the coil springs for verna are cheaper than the assisters themselves.

Attaching some pictures taken after the installation

Attachments

Thanks Jerwin for the detailed information.

I couldnt understand how it could increase the tire wear? Is it fixing this show any differnce in Tire Alignment?Can't they adjusted in that case? Is that incresed tire wear is applicable to rear tires also.

Thread Starter #3
@Releesh, I think there could be a slight change in wheel camber angle and I have'nt dont the wheel allignment yet. Will Get it done and get back with the results.

1) I couldnt understand how it could increase the tire wear?
2) Is it fixing this show any differnce in Tire Alignment?
3) Can't they adjusted in that case?
4) Is that incresed tire wear is applicable to rear tires also.
1) Refer the below snap (sorry for the crappy representation)
Tire color:
Black - Unladen Condition
Green - Designed Laden condition (or driving condition with 'x' load)
Red - Laden condition after adding the coil spring adjusters
Camber.jpg
Since the suspension travel is limited to some extent (which is less than the design spec / OE spec) camber change between unladen and laden condition will be affected and this will influence tire wear
2) Yes, but couldn't be captured through wheel alignment machine (since the measurement is done at unladen condition and the actual change occurs at laden condition)
3) No
4) Yes, but relatively less than the Front for H-Type beam suspension(as camber angle is very less in the rear)

Hope this clarifies, if not feel free to ask [:)]

@Jerwin: This may affect warranty claims to suspension parts in future. You may remove the adjusters during service and refix them once you get the car back.

Thread Starter #5
@Boss, thanks for the detailed explanation![clap]. My car is already out of warranty and thats why I went ahead and installed this.

Thread Starter #6
update The car has done 5k kms after the spring assister installed.
The front tyres showed excessive wear so I removed the assisters from the front of the car. Rear is doing good and the tyres dont seem to have any abnormal wear.
I am assuming the front load of engine changed the camber angle so much that tyres wore out pretty soon.
I do not recommend these assister for the front. For the rear, its doing wonders in terms of ride quality. NO excissive bounciness.

1) Refer the below snap (sorry for the crappy representation)
No problem, this presentation is quite easy to understand[clap]

update The car has done 5k kms after the spring assister installed.
The front tyres showed excessive wear so I removed the assisters from the front of the car. Rear is doing good and the tyres dont seem to have any abnormal wear.
I am assuming the front load of engine changed the camber angle so much that tyres wore out pretty soon.
I do not recommend these assister for the front. For the rear, its doing wonders in terms of ride quality. NO excissive bounciness.
Thanks for the update.[:)]

Sorry to hear about the abnormal wear. Why didn't you go for a Camber adjustment?

Thread Starter #9
@Mr.Boss, Its excessive wear. The front two tyres almost went bald with only some tread left and also, front left had a bit more tread in it than the right tyre. I didnt notice this because my brother was using the car.

@Kichu, I had assumed the camber angle change would be very minimalistic and wasnt expecting so much of wear. And more over looking at the tyres it makes me think the camber would have needed way too much of adjusment. I am glad I didnt fiddle around with the main aspects of vehicle. I removed the front assisters and then got wheel allignment and tyre rotation done.

In total the spring assister have costed me 20k [cry] ( price of two new tyres plus the assisters)

should have put extra 10k and bought teins stiffening spring instead.

Its excessive wear.
I doubt camber change should result in abnormal wear (inside-out or Heel & Toe wear) If it is only excessive wear, there is something else influencing the wear. Have you checked the Toe values before removing the coil spring adjusters?
Why didn't you go for a Camber adjustment?
That's not an easy task (at least in current gen sub 10L cars with MacPherson)

Top Bottom