Originally Posted by narik28
Many people use 3m style material for such DIY.
Snapshot attached for other users reference.
Exactly. I am also using similar kind of 3M style carpets in my Santro. actually called 3M Nomad. you can step in and out of car with muddy or dirty shoes i mean whatever as it sucks everything down leaving nothing visible on top of it and to clean it just give it pressure shower and you are done.
- Floor gets surprisingly comfortable, spongy cushioned feeling
- Dust trapping capacity is far better then any other mats as far as i think
Good especially in monsoons and also if your are in more dusty or sandy areas
(desert or sea sides)
- Cleaning is easy, just wash it with pressure hose. Gets dried up in few minutes.
- Colour dont gets faded with time
- No gritty or chewing sounds by shoes
- Don't get slipped, which is a common problem with Santro.
- Gives Elegant looks to interiors especially if you can get it in matching colour and if properly cut.
- Cost is more then routine mats available in market.
- Lacks protective zone for the driver's pedal area, so need to trim it from sides properly.
- Accurate cutting is required to avoid slippage latter on