Fixing OEM Antenna in Alto LX / LXi / VXi & Zen

Thread Starter #1
A quick DIY Steps to fix the OEM Antenna in Alto,same for Zen too.[:)]

The OEM Antenna Costed me 528RS from MGP.

Steps:
  1. Unscrew and remove the Antenna Cap
  2. Clean the area and insert the new one through the hole
  3. Screw it in place,Make sure the gasket is fixed properly or else water may enter during rain or washing.
  4. Route the wire properly
  5. Plug it on to the head unit and its Completed.

All doubts and suggestions are welcome.[:)]

Attachments

Re: Fixing OEM Antenna in Alto Lx/Lxi/Vxi & Zen

Well done., I am also in a hunt of an antenna as my antenna was broken and not getting any reception from FM

^^ Rakesh & Aneesh

This type antenna is available In my car (Esteem 07) in proper condition. My HU Pioneer. Still FM reception is not clear even in Kochi town too. This issues are only for private FM channels and Kochi FM has very clear reception even in my home which is 35 km away.

My question is, electronic antenna(?) available in new cars(you can see it indica, swift etc) doent have this issue. can we able fix that instead of this? I was earlier planned to install the motorised anteena (available in Vxi variant of my car), but dropped that plan due to this issue.

I am not able to use the FM facility in Home theater also due to this.But at the same time, the cheap small FM radios available at Rs150-200 rupees with only a piece of wire instead of antenna had good reception.

Last edited:
^^ Rakesh & Aneesh

This type antenna is available In my car (Esteem 07) in proper condition. My HU Pioneer. Still FM reception is not clear even in Kochi town too. This issues are only for private FM channels and Kochi FM has very clear reception even in my home which is 35 km away.

My question is, electronic antenna(?) available in new cars(you can see it indica, swift etc) doent have this issue. can we able fix that instead of this? I was earlier planned to install the motorised anteena (available in Vxi variant of my car), but dropped that plan due to this issue.

I am not able to use the FM facility in Home theater also due to this.But at the same time, the cheap small FM radios available at Rs150-200 rupees with only a piece of wire instead of antenna had good reception.
Releesh, found this while answering another Antenna related query here. I am not sure you meant this only or something else. Sorry If I am acting silly here![roll]. The electronic antennas have a signal booster attached to it. As the vehicles are constantly moving, the signal reception will be disturbed even if you are closer to the FM station. So using this kind of antennas with built in booster (If your vehicle don't have it already as OE) will solve this issue.

Last edited:
Releesh, found this while answering another Antenna related query here. I am not sure you meant this only or something else. Sorry If I am acting silly here![roll]. The electronic antennas have a signal booster attached to it. As the vehicles are constantly moving, the signal reception will be disturbed even if you are closer to the FM station. So using this kind of antennas with built in booster (If your vehicle don't have it already as OE) will solve this issue.
Sorry to all, i had totally forgot about this post. I had changed my car FM antenna to electronic antenna and it working fine.
One day i visited the accessory shop near home for some other requiremnt and discussed the owner regarding my issue. He instantly told the issue was due to the antenna damaged due to rain. Though this type antenas are better for signal reception, close contact to the water will reduce its reception capacity. he just connected another antenna to head unit and the reception was very clear. My car type antenna was not available with him. So i just selected the electronic antenna at same cost (rs.350 including fixing), which fixed near to IRVM. The reception is good, no issues till now. the problem i felt is, it required battery power and there is a red LED in the middle and it should be on all the time when car is switched on. I didnt removed the stock antenna from car for show purpose, just disconnected it.

Last edited:
the problem i felt is, it required battery power and there is a red LED in the middle and it should be on all the time when car is switched on. I didnt removed the stock antenna from car for show purpose, just disconnected it.
Can you please tell me how it is connected? One co-axial cable going to the rear of HU and one pair of wires for 12V DC supply? Is it the same kind of antenna as seen in this thread?

Last edited:
^^ yes. correct.pair of wires to Hu power supply and co axial to antenna input in HU.

Last edited:

Top Bottom