Added a Set of Lamps on My Honda Dio

Thread Starter #1
When the bulbs of the speedometer of my scoot were replaced by a set of blue LED's the OEM bulbs were lying around so thought of giving this DIY a try. Started with finding every necessary tool required and made a list:
1. Bulbs (3v)
2. Wires (for the connections)
3. Unused or damaged torch (use the reflector inside the torch)
4. Glue or Araldite (for sticking it to the body)
5. Blade (to cut the wires and shape the reflector accordingly)
6. Electricity tape (to secure the joints)
7. Tingling hand (to do the DIY [:D])
8. Plenty of time
Started with cutting the reflector in two equal halfs as the reflector is circular and will not fit perfectly to the body. Then made connections to the bulbs with the wires and secured them with the electricity tape for preventing dust and water entering inside the assembly. Then came the bit patient work of attaching the reflector to the plastic piece with feviquik. When the reflector was pasted strongly with the plastic piece then i pasted it to the body with the help of reversible tape or two sided tape. Then placed the bulbs in the reflector and made secure connections to the main socket and finally the result [clap].
attached thumbnails:

Attachments

Good effort, but what is the purpose other than utilizing the unused bulbs? Is it something like DRLs? or just show-off?

You mentioned the bulbs are 3V, how did you connect with 12V system?

Thread Starter #4
Good effort, but what is the purpose other than utilizing the unused bulbs? Is it something like DRLs? or just show-off?

You mentioned the bulbs are 3V, how did you connect with 12V system?
I have joined them to the socket which powers the small bulb inside the headlamps as that bulb is also of 3V.

bhvm

Honoured Member
I was thinking to do the same with some cheap LED torches but the output is pathetic. so I upgraded the bulb to 55w. the guide is in DIY section.

Top Bottom