Maruti Alto Lxi Front Bumper Grille Meshing DIY

Thread Starter #1
Some clicks from DIY :) Here is my DIY on meshing the front grille of Maruti Alto Lxi with detailed pics. Feel free to ask any doubts. :)

Things you need for DIY:

1. Mini Hacksaw Blade
  2. Cutting Tools
  3. Sand Papers
  4. Screw Drivers
  5. Body Filler
  6. Files (Tool)
  7. Soldering Iron [ yes,Custom job :D]
  8. Patience :D

Here we GO!

Take the grill out of the bumper and follow the below steps.

Remove these screw holes to get a neat look.See the marking,you have to cut as marked to get a clean look.

Fully Removed:

After some cuts:

After making cuts,i used a soldering iron to do plastic welding.[lol] Its an old iron,so no probs,i have other 2 of them with me for electrical use,see pics.

After welds,putty work :D

After Painting,I got it painted from a workshop next to my house.

Pics of Tools and Things i used:

I can see a tiny crack like thing over here,its strong,but don't know why.[roll]

Before fixing,I had to cut and remove the below part from the bumper:

Final Output [glasses]

All suggestions are welcome :)​

Thread Starter #5
Here are the pics.

@ Mods: Please merge this post with the first post.

Attachments

Aneesh, that is really awesome. Great work. But could n't see all the pics. Any problem while loading (hope you would have re sized it before you upload)

Very neatly done Aneesh [cheers]. Whats the material used to cover cuts on the frame. Fiber glass ? Did you paint the grill with matt black ..

Thread Starter #10
Very neatly done Aneesh [cheers].
Thanks.[:)]

Whats the material used to cover cuts on the frame. Fiber glass ?
I used body filler to fill cuts and used sandpaper and files to remove excess putty to make it smooth.[:)]

Did you paint the grill with matt black ..
Yes,Painted it matte Black.

Aneesh, that is really awesome. Great work. But could n't see all the pics. Any problem while loading (hope you would have re sized it before you upload)
All pics are 1000 X 750 Resolution,Is that the problem?

Last edited:
Thread Starter #12
Could be. It might take some time to download on certain low bandwidth. I assume 640 X 480 would be the best for internet sharing. Just started a thread called http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...some-useful-software-online-downloadable.html where you can find SW to resize your photos. Just in case you dont know any SW.
Haha,bro the actual size of the pics where 3264 X 1836, I re sized it to this.I am using a 1080P monitor,so 640 X 480 looks too small,may be because of that i used 1000 X 750 [frustration]

Thread Starter #13
Where are the mods? Please delete this thread,i will start a new one with low resolution pics.

Top Bottom