Swift / Dzire Cabin A/C Filter DIY Installation

Thread Starter #1
Hi

i own a swift Dzire 2012 (new shape). i surprised to found that there is no AC cabin filter installed when car come from showroom. its a very important thing if you drive in a city like Delhi & Gurgaon that have lot of dust & pollution.

i have purchased a new MGP AC Cabin filter from market @ Rs 350.

Instillation:-
Open glove box & remove everything from it to make it empty.
now in open position hold it tight & pull it up. it will detach from dashboard.
now

Now open the cabin filter cover by opening clips from both side as in red square in pic.

now insert filter as per given marks on the filter (have arrow direction upwards ).

& now again fit filter cover & glove box.

Now you can enjoy outside air without dust & pollution.[:D]

Attachments

Last edited:

350Z

Core Team
Thanks. Small but a significant DIY. Procedure is similar for Ford Fiesta Classic. Although it already comes equipped with one, owners can follow it to clean the filter themselves.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thanks. Small but a significant DIY. Procedure is similar for Ford Fiesta Classic. Although it already comes equipped with one, owners can follow it to clean the filter themselves.

Drive Safe,
350Z
It is the same procedure for Camry as well.

i had to install a Steel mess on the intake near the wipers cos of pest & debries coming in,but now since my car is 5 years old the cover that shuts exterior air is not effective as outside air seeps in now even when in interior mode,so deciding to have the exterior intake completely sealed.
Want to do this on my 1 yr old i20 too cos tired of pressing the interior mode button everytime car re starts.

Thread Starter #6
i had to install a Steel mess on the intake near the wipers cos of pest & debries coming in,but now since my car is 5 years old the cover that shuts exterior air is not effective as outside air seeps in now even when in interior mode,so deciding to have the exterior intake completely sealed.
Want to do this on my 1 yr old i20 too cos tired of pressing the interior mode button everytime car re starts.
I suggest not to make such modification as in winter you need to use heater with outside air in place of re-circulating cabin air. if you use cabin air then all glass area will covered with moisture & that will decrease visibility drastically.

is this AC filter position same for Ertiga?
Yes same for Swift/Dzire/Ertiga.

Last edited by a moderator:
I suggest not to make such modification as in winter you need to use heater with outside air in place of re-circulating cabin air. if you use cabin air then all glass area will covered with moisture & that will decrease visibility drastically.
Well we dont have really have cold winters here down south,its at min 14 degrees,but ya during monsoon the front glass fogs & AC clears it in sec,we dont use heater mode. But i have not really used car in exterior ac mode.
AC actually removes moisture from the air,heater mode wont.Unless in climate control both ac is set & heater mode on. But i got what you meant.
Leaving the left front window open a cm also helps in using fresh air as the re circulation vent is located behind the glovebox area.
But i am looking at pros & cons here & the annoyance of smelling the car smoke in front non stop & having the open vent letting in dust even when ac is off & later smells like its raining(soil fragments with cool air mix) when you switch to AC.

Last edited:
Very good DIY, can you please post a pic of two of complete dashboard underside (passenger side) just to get an idea, where you have fixed it.

Thread Starter #10
Some more pic to make instillation easy
2013-11-10 14.00.39.jpg
Open glove box & remove everything.
2013-11-10 14.00.50.jpg
Now pull it up in open position. glove box detach from dashbord. In red square you can see the clips that hold the glove box with dashbord.
2013-11-10 14.01.16.jpg

2013-11-10 14.01.33.jpg

2013-11-10 14.01.54.jpg

Last edited:
In my WagonR K10B i can see a screw beside the Dashboard(in open position). do i need to remove that screw before pulling it out?[confused] .Will its cabin filter be also in the same position?

Thread Starter #12
In my WagonR K10B i can see a screw beside the Dashboard(in open position). do i need to remove that screw before pulling it out?[confused] .Will its cabin filter be also in the same position?
Hi

you have to remove that screw & open any given area to reach to the cabin filter location. i have checked it on my 2006 Santro. have to remove 2 screw to to reach that position but there is no such place where i can place a cabin filter [frustration] thanks to old time car design. but for wagon R i am sure you will find place to install filter as its a new time car design.

Top Bottom