Rear Wiper & Washer in My Maruti Alto

Thread Starter #1
While driving on a highway when raining I could only see mud covered windscreen at rear. Stopping car and washing windscreen never helped, because it will cover with mud again in a few kilometers.

There is a solution on frond windshield installed by company itself called wiper along with a spray. Its spray pure water or shampoo or whatever you filled in the tank under the bonnet. Actually I am wondering why the car companies offering rear wash and wipe only for the top end variant as it is not a need but it is necessary though.

Btw some of the models doesn't even offer rear wipe and wash.

However the trip I had Ooty last time I am decided to fix rear wipe and wash into my car, In heavy rain, there is only one solution to look behind. It is IVRM as both OVRMs are useless and I could only some water drops on the side window glasses.

That is the main reason and I am installed rear wash and wipe into my beloved Maruti Alto. Now the problem almost solved. Yes there is no defogger on the rear glass but put AC blower high speed and the fog will vanish in seconds!

I am sharing some pictures like a teaser because I was busy yesterday after DIY. I am not captured any day time pictures as I was very excited and I don't have a proper camera while working in progress. I will share everything in this weekend.

I am thanking you a ton Varun and one of my other friend Satheesh who helped to drill two holes on my door without any issues.

Back lighting the switch is pending and I wish to change the water spray nozzle as well. The Zen's rear nozzle having only one spray gun and it is broken too. Now its drips water not spraying.

Please share your views and comments.

rearwiper.jpg

switch.jpg

Re: Rear wipe and wash into my Maruti Alto

nice DIY, hope something like this can be done to my brio :)

ps: what was the total cost involved ?

Thread Starter #3
Here is the price list
motor 2040
switch 300
misc 500
Wiper arm 150
wiper blade 120
Wash nozzle 55
Washer motor 250
Wash tank 200

Last edited:
Nice DIY. Share more pics and step by step process?

Where did you procure that switch from ? Its an exact fit to dashboard.

Wow nice DIY, surely many would have thought to know about in details of the procedure you went for this.
As anshuman and other members said do share the step by step process of the work you did, issues you faced along with pictures that you have to share for this DIY.

Thread Starter #7
Sure mates I will share everything with pictures :) kindly give me a week or so I am out from my baby for work., Thanks

WOW WOW !! Very neatly fixed, how about the wiring ? Do post some pic's of the wiper motor inside the hatch.

You could bend the arm a little bit so that it would look much better.

Thread Starter #11
WOW WOW !! Very neatly fixed, how about the wiring ? Do post some pic's of the wiper motor inside the hatch.

You could bend the arm a little bit so that it would look much better.
Luckily wiring was not a big deal :) took a connection from ignition. switch diagram a bit different from you drawn. I tested with multiple connection and find out the correct wires. will bent a little as well

It look very neat job from the picture. I am very curious to know How and where all these item are placed in the car.
Wiper motor placed inside the door and wash motor on water tank under the bonnet., I will show you pictures.

Last edited:
Great DIY !! [clap]

Wonder what would it cost if I want to get the same for my Car (Wagon R). I would like to get it done at the Service stations to protect the Warrenty. Any idea on the cost front?

any update on this i really like to see some close up where u drill the boot door to fix the arm.
is its has a bush to protect the water coming in?
how to put the tube from front to back for water?
where is the pump is located in back?
how the wiring is done?
and why the wiper is not centered in the boot door? i feel its in right side more.

Thread Starter #15
any update on this i really like to see some close up where u drill the boot door to fix the arm.
is its has a bush to protect the water coming in?
how to put the tube from front to back for water?
where is the pump is located in back?
how the wiring is done?
and why the wiper is not centered in the boot door? i feel its in right side more.
I am very sorry for the delay to take pictures. I am away from my car.
Tube ruted under the right side panel.
The pump is located on the same tank under the bonnet., changed Tank to accomodate 2 motors.
Wiring took from ignition
The area of the motor is large and wipes entire windscreen that is the reason wiper arm positioned into the right side.

ss80; said:
Superb DIY! I bet that it looks as good as the OEM one! (in alto vxi) waiting for pics....
Thanks Maan., will share pics soon

Top Bottom