All I need for this project

1) Push switch
2). old plastic clamp from bicycle bell
3). door actuator (from local seller)
4). wires
5). nuts and bolts

Steps

1). De-assemble the existing manual key mechanism
(did not remove the key lock, only the moving lever between key and hatch lock)

2). Fix the actuator inside the hatch
(moving end of the actuator must parallel to removed lever)

3). join the actuator and hatch lock together (see pic)

4). then wiring ......

5). place the push switch some-ware that safe from accidental press while driving

6). I got power from cigarette lighter connection

YOUR IDEAS WELCOM !!!!

Attachments

But will the actuator be able to pull the liver ?

I tried it in my 800 but it motor could not pull the liver, so did a manual setup.

But any way that's a Nice DIY..

Last edited:
Thread Starter #3
thanks......

Actually it did not work first time. (here in my case actuator must PUSH the lever to open hatch)
Than I adjust the actuator parallel to manual lever.
Also length of moving cable parts adjust at least 50 times, and it took 3 hours to to adjustment.

It is only two days now. It may change the adjustment position due to vibrations/shocks..
.....lets see what will happned.....

Thread Starter #4
But will the actuator be able to pull the liver ?

I tried it in my 800 but it motor could not pull the liver, so did a manual setup.

But any way that's a Nice DIY..
thanks......

Actually it did not work first time. (here in my case actuator must PUSH the lever to open hatch)
Than I adjust the actuator parallel to manual lever.
Also length of moving cable parts adjust at least 50 times, and it took 3 hours to to adjustment.

It is only two days now. It may change the adjustment position due to vibrations/shocks..
.....lets see what will happned.....

Thread Starter #6
Nice DIY !

Was thinking of doing this, just a week back, how much did you end up spending on this ?
Actuator - $ 3.85 /- (from ebay)

Car Auto Plastic Universal Heavy Duty Power Door Lock Actuator Motor 2 Wire 12V | eBay

ebay item number - 181064113119

switch - SLR - 130/- (from local market)
wires - SLR 100/- but only 50% of wire used

alltogether - around 600 - 700 SLR

but most difficult part is adjusting the actuator lever to correct length. it it time consuming work.
other works are simple things...

Here the actuator will cost around 200 and 300 for a good quality one.

lakmal, as you have mentioned that it should push to open, when you press the button the actuator pushes the rod so the door opens. But my question is how will the actuator return back to its place so that it can push the next time ? [confused]

RPM2500 may be you can try as your trunk has almost the same mechanism as shown above.

Thread Starter #9
Here the actuator will cost around 200 and 300 for a good quality one.

lakmal, as you have mentioned that it should push to open, when you press the button the actuator pushes the rod so the door opens. But my question is how will the actuator return back to its place so that it can push the next time ? [confused]

RPM2500 may be you can try as your trunk has almost the same mechanism as shown above.
No need to push the switch again. It automatically come back to its original position. because of the tension power of spring insie the hatch lock.

Lakmal great DIY buddy. I am also interested to do this. and what about to try a central locking system with boot opener?

Thread Starter #12
Lakmal great DIY buddy. I am also interested to do this. and what about to try a central locking system with boot opener?

Thanks..

usually when the lock release, hatch/boot open. (hatch door pulled up)

because hatch lock is different than door locks

if we combine it with the central lock, hatch door will pulled up every time when we unlock the system

This will be a trouble... so my idea is hatch lock must be always operate separately from central locking system

what is your idea?

Thanks..

usually when the lock release, hatch/boot open. (hatch door pulled up)

because hatch lock is different than door locks

if we combine it with the central lock, hatch door will pulled up every time when we unlock the system

This will be a trouble... so my idea is hatch lock must be always operate separately from central locking system

what is your idea?
You can still have a button on the car remote which seperately opens the hatch alone; but i guess that is too much for too less

Thread Starter #14
You can still have a button on the car remote which seperately opens the hatch alone; but i guess that is too much for too less
Agreed with you. I did this because
1). my remote dnt hv hatch open button
2). original unlock method was use of car key (engine must shut off and I hv to walk out from the car

but since we do not open hatch frequently better to use low cost method.

Top Bottom