DIY Central Lock Installation in My Maruti 800

Thread Starter #1
I was willing to install a central locking system in my car from many days. Yesterday I went to the market for buying some study material and finally ended up buying a central locking system and new key set for my car.

I bought a MGT brand central locking system for Rs 2100/-
It carries a 3 years warranty. I'll start the installation after diwali.

The user manual
01.jpg
02.jpg
03.jpg
05.jpg
06.jpg
07.jpg

The wiring diagram
04.jpg

The lock system
central locking set.jpg

Thread Starter #2
Today I tested the system without fitting it in the car. I used a 12v UPS battery.
I connected all the acutators, the siren to the system according to the wiring diagram.

The problems I faced is that, when I locked the door using the remote the siren started chirping continuously after 30-35 seconds and the status indicator was blinking thrice. In the manual it is mentioned that when the LED triple blinks it means that THE DOOR IS TRIGGERED.

I have not connected the brown wire of the main accutator.
Photo0891.jpg
What's the use of this wire Is it for earthing ??

Varun Sir and Anand Sir please help regarding this. .

Last edited:
Shantanu, I do not know whether this piece of info will be useful or not. But you can think even in this way.

After fixing the Remote locking for my car, the guy explained to me various functionality of my remote locking. One he mentioned was, when the door is not closed properly, and if you try to lock using remote, after some time it started giving noise indicating that the door is still open.

The actuator with four/five wires is to be fitted to driver side door, when you open/ close the lock at driver door all the other doors lock would lock / unlock.

The brown wire does the above function.

Ha Ha, pls dont call me sir.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #5
@ Sethu Sir, I have not yet fitted the locks in my car. I was testing it using a UPS battery. As the door switch connectors are not connected, I think the door relay is tripping.

@ Varun, Can you please tell where to connect this brown wire. There is no connection for this brown wire in the harness.

Oh, the brown wire is to found on wiring harness to, as per the circuit above I can find only door1 and door 2 what about other 2 doors ?

Thread Starter #7
Oh, the brown wire is to found on wiring harness to, as per the circuit above I can find only door1 and door 2 what about other 2 doors ?
for the rear doors, there is a separate wiring harness with couplers which is connected to the front wiring harness via a coupler.

Actually, the rear door accutators are connected to the left door wiring via a coupler. We can connect as many accutators as we want [;)]

Shantanu Bhai, I have forgot the use of that brown wire. I have a manual central locking and everything is same except that I dont have a receiver & remote.

The actuator with maximum wires fits on driver side door. & rest three can be fit on any door. wiring length also is good (infact the length is good enough to be fit on to bigger vehicles also easily. I too have two wires in my central locking which are yet to be connected (i think its called hull connection or something)

It will cost you 200 rs, if you go for branded ones it will cost 350- 400 rs.

BTW you can open it and check the actuator..
Oh is it ... pls tell me what to look for , i have it with me in the bag right now i will check

Thread Starter #14
Finally installed the central locking system.

Photo0977.jpg
Bought a drill machine for Rs 700/-

Photo0973.jpg
Right Rear Door

Photo0976.jpg
Wires passed through holes

Photo0978.jpg
Left Rear Door

Photo0990.jpg
Right Front Door

Photo0980.jpg
All the wiring

Photo0981.jpg
Photo0983.jpg
Also fixed a switch at the bonnet.

Photo0984.jpg
Photo0985.jpg
Also found some signs of rust near the rear light. Will be treated soon . .

Attachments

It would be better if you wouldn't have drilled the holes to pass the wires, there is a empty slot for passing wires through the door.

BTW where have you placed the main circuit and relay..

Last edited:

Top Bottom