Boot Lighting DIY for My Spark

Thread Starter #1
For long time I wanted to have a boot light in my sparky. Sometimes when it is dark we will face some problem.

I wanted to do it as DIY and at the same time I was little bit scared of those wiring area [Still do not have confidence like others having]

In my search I found this 3 LED touch light. I thought it would be correct for my kind of DIYians[:D] Pls go thru this post for more info about it

I got it couple of days back, but I was little bit busy and did not had time. When I had time my sparky went for 1 year free service. [Easily I could have done it even my sparky was not there since I wanted to fix this in parcel trey and I had removed my parcel trey before sparky went for service, but was lazy]

Yesterday I got my sparky after service and started working on it. It was very simple one.

It has two parts. Top and bottom. Bottom they had provided self adhesive stickers [Which did not used]. I removed the bottom part [Kind of cover]. Drilled a hole in it along with parcel trey. Fixed it with a simple screw [First i tried with a screw which has bigger head so i was not able to fix the top part into the fixed one. So again I took another screw which has flat head and used it to fix].

After fixing that part, put 3 AAA batteries in the top unit and fixed that to bottom part which is already fixed in parcel trey [Just put and twist]

Perfect. The work is done and it is perfectly working. some times even after pressing it wont work [Either on or off]. I think it require some practice to press on right direction and position.

Once everything is done fixed the parcel trey in sparky. Wow it works nicely.

Only problem I have is, it is light is not spread and it is focused but no problem. It has enough light/brightness for that small boot space.

Thanks for reading it.

Some pictures I clicked during the process and finished job.

DSCF9806.JPG

DSCF9812.JPG

DSCF9818.JPG

DSCF9808.JPG

DSCF9809.JPG

DSCF9807.JPG

DSCF9819.JPG

DSCF9821.JPG

DSCF9817.JPG

DSCF9813.JPG

DSCF9814.JPG

DSCF9822.JPG

DSCF9823.JPG

DSCF9827.JPG

DSCF9828.JPG

DSCF9833.JPG

DSCF9834.JPG

DSCF9835.JPG

DSCF9836.JPG

Video of the same just after finishing
3 LED Touch as Boot light - YouTube

Video of boot lighting in car
3 LED one touch as boot lamp in spark - YouTube

Hey sorry about the back ground voice. did not have time to do sound mixing[lol]

For more info for spark please visit http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...chevrolet-spark-modification-accessories.html

Thread Starter #3
Re: Boot Lighting for My Sparky.

Dharmehs, you can try it. does n't cost much. Only thing i worrying is sticking it roof. it does not last for long i believe. or we should think some other way.

Hello Sethumurugan,
Nicely done. I am planning to do it for my swift. What is the cost of it and is it available in any car accessories shops?

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member

excellent diy sethu [:)] didn't know about such lights. and it's easy as well. no wires nothing.

Sethu,

How will you replace the batteries? Do you have to Unscrew the light?

Thread Starter #7

Hello Sethumurugan,
Nicely done. I am planning to do it for my swift. What is the cost of it and is it available in any car accessories shops?
Thanks. You can try this since this is simple and easy method. Or you can wait for some time for my feedback. I really do not know how long this will last. I just did it.

I did n't got it from shop. I got it from ebay and this is the link

It costs you Rs. 149 for light and Rs.30 for AAA batteries.

excellent diy sethu [:)] didn't know about such lights. and it's easy as well. no wires nothing.
Thanks Allhyundaicars, that was my aim. Do DIY not affecting the originality as much as possible.

Sethu,

How will you replace the batteries? Do you have to Unscrew the light?

Arun pls see the last pic in the four illustrations in the above pic. Just twist the light it is removed. You can fix the batteries easily.

Thanks. You can try this since this is simple and easy method. Or you can wait for some time for my feedback. I really do not know how long this will last. I just did it.

I did n't got it from shop. I got it from ebay and this is the link

It costs you Rs. 149 for light and Rs.30 for AAA batteries.
Thank you for the link sethu. I shall wait for a few days till i get a complete review about the product from you.

Super Cool ! Sethu , Do we get the same product with warm light (yellowish light)

For focus issued you can thoroughly sand the glass it will give a better output

The LED which you have put is a color which is bluish in appearance you can say it is (pure white). LED's also come in a warm white color (Ivory White)

Some pics to better explain

2nd Point - since you said that the light was more focussed i was saying that you should rub the glass of the light with fine sand paper so that the distribution of the light is even

Comparison
1.jpg
White Light
White LED.jpeg
Warm Light
wwled.jpg

Last edited:
Thread Starter #12
OK OK.

I got your point.

Regarding color, I dont think other colors might be available. More over I did not got it from shop. I got it on ebay. If I would have got it in shop I may enquire for you and give details.

Regarding sand paper thing let me try if possible.

Hello Sethu sir,

Good job, Even I also trying to fix some boot light. Now I got an idea. definetely will do this one for my Whitey[:)]

The Service Manual of Matiz/Spark shows that it has provision for Luggage Room Lamp.
And sure enough, there was a small "socket" in the boot to the left side.

I pried out the plastic covering and there was neat rectangular hole just like the one we have in beat. I could see a wire in the hole. I am guessing it must be the one that goes to the tail lamps/indicators

Please have a look at the screenshot from the manual and advise if we can somehow "tap" that single wire and fit a bulb there.

Attachments

Thread Starter #15
Oops. Might be old Spark. My current spark does not has anything on this part. If possible I can have a look at it and get back to you.

Top Bottom