The Automotive India's 1st Anniversary Celebrations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Starter #1

350Z

Core Team
26322453.jpg

25th November 2008 was just another day for me only until I stumbled upon a random website’s footer saying “Create a free forum”. Next’s what? A small moment that may seem insignificant to many brought an everlasting change in my life. Well, the concept of forums always fascinated me for the reason that it offers a much broader scope of interacting with the world than a mere static website. However, as an individual, I was afraid about putting a considerable amount of investment that goes behind running one.

Thanks to that link, it made the task somewhat easier and I created a free forum right away. Since I was already a casual car blogger, there was almost no brain exercise needed to name this new forum. It was certain that this forum is going to be known as “The Automotive India”. By 9:18 PM on 25th itself while adding final touches to this free website, I called up fellow enthusiasts aka Adam (Zinam), Archit (Type-R), Balachadar (Crazy Cat), Bharat (Im_Hummer_Freak), Raj (raj_5004) etc. who willingly joined the forum and became the initial members of The Automotive India. Eventually our forum prospered with healthy discussions covering every aspect of automobiles and necessary changes were also implemented considering the members feedback.

67298659.jpg

March - April, 2009

The Automotive India was now successfully online for more than four months. In fact, soon it turned out to be one of the most recognized forums on the web. It was time for us to replace our lengthy old tagline with a much proper one, which was finally concluded as “Fuel For Petrol Heads”. Yet another month passed and TAI recorded a significant achievement in its history. This time, we kicked off one-of-its kind initiative by celebrating “Road Safety Week”. And the spirit shown by the forum members as well as our visitors alike was incredible. News about this initiative of ours was also covered in certain websites as seen below.

iab.jpg

iab2.jpg

July - August, 2009

By now, our forum noticed a growth to such an extent that we realized a free forum is not the best one to continue further. After a lot of thought-process, it was finalized that we are moving to an entirely new premium platform with separate web hosting. The unfortunate part was that we had to sacrifice all our existing posts, topics and member base since the database was not transferrable. But as someone said, whatever happens, happens for good. In spite of bearing a huge loss, began our new journey called NGTAI (New Generation of The Automotive India) with a new spirit. Thanks to the invaluable support of each member with us today, our forum has coped up from the loss in no time and we’re marching ahead at a much faster pace than ever.

ngtai.png

November 25th, 2009

Today, being the first anniversary of The Automotive India. I would like to personally thank each member present with us on board who has continued supporting the forum and help making it the ultimate destination of Petrol Heads because we are ‘the’ forum for Petrol Heads. Now moving on the celebrations part. Here’s what we have stored in:

- Inventory: Members above rookie rank can use this feature to upload the pictures of their rides or rate / post comments on other’s photographs.

- OGTAI is Back: From where our journey started and today where we are. To offer a quick experience to new member about our old platform, our previous forum has been re-opened for a short while. Here is the log in information:

> Old Forum URL: Index
> Username: Demo
> Password: demo123

- Direct Uploading: Good bye to external hosting websites. Members can now upload images directly using built-in attachment manager function.

- More New Smilies: Set of new smilies has been included.

- New Theme: You can now view TAI in an all new avatar using "Midnight Black" Theme.

Keep that foot buried onto the pedal; watch out for this space on our second anniversary. [thumbswink]

Drive Safe,
350Z

Anniversary special!

Hey guys,
This is rajeev from Mumbai, for those who dont know me yet.
TAI- The experience so far in here has been wonderful. the journey from 3 members to 150 & from 0 posts to 10,000 posts was amazing.

What i like about TAI is that all of us are like friends here & though many of us have never met each other, we do act as if we know each other personally for ages!

In this one year, there has never been a moment of bitterness or anger among the members, that itself is a huge credit to TAI.

When i was appointed the MOD, i was very happy & at the same time, i realized that NOW, i represent the community & its my responsibility (too) that TAI should grow threefolds & the forum should be as informative & clean as possible. But never have i felt like complaining & i actually enjoy this job.

Moving from our old software to the current one was a big achievement. It was hugely discussed & planned & i think it was the best our Admin could do for our forum. The NGTAI looks & feel very classy now. The Automotive India feels like my second home for me!

TAI's first meet which happened recently was fun & thanks to TAI because of which i met such great guys & made such good friends.
Last but not the least, kudos to Vibhor for setting up this platform for auto enthusiasts like us.

A Hearty congratulations to The Automotive India and all its members for 1st Aniversary.

Last edited:
Hi All!
This is Adam from Chennai, First of all, I wish The Automotive India & all members a very Happy First Anniversary.

This community was started from scratch with no support, only with a mission to serve all Automotive Enthusiasts.

In the past 1 year we have come across a lot of happy memories. I want to thank each & every member of this community on this greatest moment.

I was recently appointed as TAI's Road Test Manager whichis a challenging task, What I like in a car may be the one which others hate. We, At TAI pour in extra efforts to bring in all the all 100%Transparent Exclusive & Exiting Test Reports of all cars you see on roads.

Thanks to Vibhor for setting up such a great platform where all Automotive Enthusiast learn & share their knowledge.

Once again I thank everyone for being a part of this Automotive Heaven and stay with us for more chersing moments.

Meet you all in the Jan 2010 Meet of TAI!

hi all
this was a great experience for me
actually i was not that sad that NGTAI was here and i had to register again because my old ID had become boring, but the loss was forgotten and now who cares about it?[:D]
so this has been good experience
i remember i joined it at first but i was the lone guy there so i thought i will get back later
so to my shock, i returned after a few days and i was shocked to see so many members and posts.
that is where my TAI journey began.
This is like home where you have fun and also learn a lot things.
it's just that u can't sleep and eat on TAI![lol!]
but yeah
the development is huge and i hope from the deepest of my heart that TAI grows even more!

P.S. I didn't know I was the first member! c'mon 350Z, now i know it, may i have some award?[stupid]

napster

Suspended
It was a great time possting and reading news at automotive india. Thanks to all for making automotive india an interesting place for automobile freaks. :)

Hi everyone.This is Akash from Nagpur. First of all i would like to congratulate Vibhor(350Z) [clap]because this is a big day for him. This community gave auto enthusiasts a platform to share their Autogyaan. This is a real heaven for me. With people like Raj_5004 ,Zinam the ride tester we all were updated with the latest ridez and the autonews. I still remember the Grande Punto scoop by torque.addict. TAI is really second home for us. Once again Happy Aniversay to The Automotive India and all its members and thanks 350Z for making it possible.

Congrats vibhor and fellow TAI members for reaching another milestone[clap]. I'm very proud to be part of this forum and also feel proud that i took part during its early stage. Back then we had very few members who actively participated, but now our forum is very active and i wish it becomes more active in the coming days. I enjoyed every single minute in the forum. NGTAI is the biggest step forward for TAI. Earlier in the old forum, i was a bit hesitant about the idea of NGTAI, mainly due to data loss. But now i feel, NGTAI is the best thing TAI ever had. It now has the best of software to have a hassle free environment with friendly mods. The overall experience with the forum is simply fantastic.

Now lets all work together to reach many more milestones in the future. My hearty wishes for the TAI community.[cheers]

Thread Starter #9

350Z

Core Team
Thanks People. Thanks to You who have made it possible. And hey, It’s 9:18 now and TAI is exactly 1 Year Old since it is online. Cheers! [:)]

Drive Safe,
350Z

hey guys this is dhayanithi from chennai. To be frank i have never come across any forum like this. This is simply the best!! The Mods here are so friendly and the members here are also so supporting and friendly!! They give out suggestions and solutions on watever query about automobile!! And we also have a fantastic road tester in Zinam aka Adam!! Thanks to the Mods for maintaining the decorum of this forum!! And special thanks to Vibhor aka 350Z for uniting all the automotive freaks!! I truly enjoy each and every moment in TAI!! Though am new to this community all the old members are very friendly to all the new members!! There seems to be no fight for supremacy between the members and everybody gives mutual consent to each other!!

Hope our community grows at a much more rapid rate!! Wish all sucess to the TAI TEAM!![clap]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom