The Automotive India Celebrates 2 Years of Incredible Success

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Starter #1

350Z

Core Team
  • The = One and Only.

• Automotive = About anything on wheels.

• India = By the Indians, For the Indians.

As they say, name says it all. And this is really what the meaning of three golden words from which the name of “The Automotive India” is comprised. These few words are itself enough to make us distinguish from rest of the crowd and explain about the real virtues and ethics of our community. Today, for me as well as for my hard and smart working team mates, it is a very proud moment to celebrate an incredible success of The Automotive India on its second anniversary. I am happy that even upon completion of the two great years; we continue to stand by our promise and march ahead by not only creating a unique self-identity online and off-line but also by spreading sheer knowledge on various aspects of automobiles along with the word of road safety worldwide - that too in professional and friendly approach.

These two, especially the last year, has so quickly passed that I can still only imagine. Ever since we reallocated The Automotive India from a free-forum to a dedicated board in August 2009, by bearing a huge loss of posts and members, the community has amazingly grown three-fold, compensating all the previous loss – Just see it to believe it, in the old forum under approx. one year, we achieved forum statistics of around 17,000 posts but on the all new board, in the similar time span, voila! It is 56,000+ Posts with member count of 760+ (!!). Now no wonder, why this year passed as quick as light, and even though we are officially celebrating two years, I’d still consider this growing baby to be just a year old since our real and stable journey began only a year ago.

To add to that, this year wasn’t empty, apart from those great stat figures, The Automotive India has also observed many new significant changes. For example; On August 7, 2010: When a shared server answered its capabilities, and could not handle the growing size of our database and bandwidth which was being vanished away in flick like a litre of Petrol in V12 engine, we decided to provide The Automotive India its own justified share on a dedicated machine, that too with some great configuration. On August 9, 2010: Just a couple of days later, after moving on a dedicated machine, the server RAM made me realize that our website is asking for more brake horse power, then what? We simply shot a mail requesting our USA based hosting firm to provide more of those horses by doubling the server RAM.

And the story isn’t yet over. We also launched the rich-quality stickers of The Automotive India at no-profit, no-loss basis and many of them have already found their location proudly on rides of our members ranging from a Honda Stunner to Ford Fiesta to Mahindra Scorpio, and more. Even top of that, The Automotive India received a major face-lift a few months ago in the form of our all new homepage (www.theautomotiveindia.com) which also includes unbiased “Car Advice” facility, and believe it or not, we have received hundreds of queries till now from new car buyers, among which 99.9% have been answered already via E-Mails. Today, the scenario is that The Automotive India receives close to hundred thousands of monthly visits as opposed to January 2010 when the figures was barely 5,000 – 6,000, and wonder, if this is just a story of one-single year, where we will be standing in the next five years? But talking the at present, what’s sure is that, even more than those stat figures and all, what we have received the MOST is immense and incomparable love, support and affection of you – The Automotive India Members and Visitors, or as we prefer calling, The Automotive Indians! This is really so much, that if today I have another family; it is known as The Automotive India, whose bond is only getting stronger every day. :smile: Definitely, it is not me alone who thinks same, Let's read a few testimonial straight-from-the-heart of other TAI'ians.

Well seeing the TAI sticker on my car the SA as well as service personnel asked me whether i am working for PRESS.
He asked me about TAI. I was really happy at that moment. Extra care was taken on my vehicle. And i was offered a complimentary Pen(Parker).
Hi every one I'm from Sri Lanka which is your neighboring country. I must say im so pleased to find a forum which has posts only about the automobiles and accessories. Weeew.. Im thrilled .
Before I begin, I would like to thank TAI for giving me the opportunity to share my experience and also all the TAI'ans, who have shared theirs thoughts and opinions, which helped in buying this car.
Well even me am a member only in this automotive forum , no other! I believe we are more addicted to this place than even other social networking sites! I rarely log into Orkut these days and even if i do login its a matter of only few minutes.
Friends,
I am very excited to be part of this TAI community. I feel TAI much homely. Looking forward to being an active member here.
Hi ! I am Manjit from Goa & its my pleasure to be a part of TAI along with you all. Moreover I see it as a family with like minded people ready to help each other with individual experience & knowledge.
Hi friends!
First of all i would to thank the staff for creating such a great site. This is a good places for us, Indians to share our experiences.
While searching for car info, came across this great site and joined in. Look forward to being a part of this community and also hoping to get some advice from the experts here [:)]

Thread Starter #2

350Z

Core Team
Today, on November 25, 2010 - On this auspicious occasion of The Automotive India’s second anniversary, Here is what we have to offer you, as a small return gift.

- New Domain Extension:
Apart from .com, The Automotive India is now also accessible from .net and .org extensions.

- New Marketplace Section:
The new Marketplace section is going under final testing rounds in Chennai. (Just kidding). Our new classifieds section is being revamped, and it will be revealed online very soon.

- The Automotive Library:
A new section, namely, The Automotive Library has been added. The basic purpose of this section is to collect all the comprehensive and helpful auto-related articles under one place. You are welcome to contribute too. Just head on to it.

- TAI Auto News Blog On Air:
Not sure, how many of you of would have noticed closely, The Automotive India has it's own dedicated blog which will feature regular updates about Indian and International automotive industry, and Yeah, about our community too.

- TAI Multiple City Meetings:
For the first time, we are officially organizing the multiple-city meetings in Chennai and Bangalore, which will have lots and lots of fun and action, all about automobiles. Make sure that you don't miss out, Chennai people click here and Bangaloreans click here.

- Special Discounts on Merchandise:
Here's how to get more for less - As a thanksgiving, we are now offering 20 stickers in one set, instead of 15. And price? It remains the same, i.e Rs.200 only, with absolutely free-shipping. All you need to do is register on our Merchandise cart and add coupon code - TAI-ANNIVERSARY, while ordering. This coupon code is valid till New Year only (January 1, 2011).

- New Merchandise Coming Up Soon!:
Currently, this is being discussed about, internally. Depending upon member's response, we might be soon releasing more and different Merchandise.

- Correspondent Position(s) Vacant:
This is something new as well as special. Full details will be added in the Announcements section. Till then, keep guessin'.

- Look-out for New Honored Members:
Our team members are now even more alerted and observing your activities, because some of you are soon going to get the Honored Member's tag.

- Addition of Bike Category in the Inventory:
A small one, yet significant. Since The Automotive India equally respects both, car and bike enthusiasts, we decided to give them a separate space in the Inventory too.

- More Intake for Road Tests and Articles:
Means more workload for Akash and Zinam. :biggrin: From now onwards, we are increasing the intake of Road Tests of Cars and Bikes. Our friendly Manager - Zinam, also claims that review of high-end car might be coming up, here's once again a more guesswork for you.

Hope these features are pretty good enough as a return gift on second anniversary. Now watch out this space for third anniversary, because “Picture abhi baaki hai mere dost!”... :smile: Thanks to one and all, on behalf of our entire team - Right from the techs. to the moderators. We are consistently working to make The Automotive India a better, and even better place every day. If you ever feel like dropping a line or two, do not let the contact form feature go waste.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Congrats TAI, Congrats to the Admin & the Mods.

You have come a loooong way & there is still much more to go & to improve. Kudos & best of luck.

another year passed by and we are growing as a family, yet to keep improving with the quality and vision for future to come.wishing many more years to come ahead.

A well compiled report 350Z , it was great to see how our forum has expanded going through your report! We should keep moving as a family in the right direction , Happy birthday TAI![clap]

Correspondent position , Honored member and more road tests , sounds interesting!!

hey...logged in now specially to wish TAI. great to read about 2nd happy birthday and hope to spend many more years in future in this wonderful place. kudos!! [thumbsup]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom