Another Year. Another Gear. Happy Birthday The Automotive India!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Starter #1
Once in a while there comes a time when you just stop.

I guess being an auto enthusiast is merely an extension of what one is out of the myriad forms that one takes in everyday life. Forms that sometime make drudgery out of what was supposed to be a carefree chuckle, and forms that sometime transform mundaneness into something truly and breathtakingly extraordinary.

As an auto enthusiast, you understand that Dynamism is a cruel word. It represents amenability to change. It represents adaptability and all that is moving. The opposite of Static. Life is about moving on. Agreed. All is well and good. As an auto enthusiast you are all for Dynamism - as long as it doesn’t entail trading in your coveted wheels. You are born with something strange in your veins. It’s called 0W30, and it flows better than blood. It starts showing its diabolic effects when you are able to appreciate that your father comes home on something that goes turrrrrrrrr and breathes smokes from its nostrils. You think it’s alive, a monster of some sort, and you are fascinated with it. You clamber abroad the monster when the father’s away, holding its cold handlebars, moving them from side to side, and yearning for the day when your legs shall reach till the ground. And on the day that they do, you just want that the monster must go on and on, never to stop.

Speed. You like speed. And the thrill that it brings with it. You like the whoosh of the wind over your helmet. You like the waaaaa of the engine when the tacho goes all the way till the limiter, and then threatens to break its housing and impale your foot to the floor. You like the way the exhaust bellows and belches and blats as you push the throttle further and further. And you like the way when after getting out of your car, you don’t get to smell the flowers, but inhale the acrid smell of burnt rubber. You are an introvert, but can’t help joining in when you hear someone, anyone, talk anything auto.

You believe in live and let live, but you also believe that your car is better than any other thing on the road. Even if what you own is a 50 year old decrepit dowager, and you live in a place called Monaco. You do not have the money, you do not have the means, you do not have the parking space, but you nevertheless own a yellow Lamborghini and a red Ducati. In your head, of course. You are a good guy. You know it’s not having money which matters. You know you may never be able to own THAT car, but you just feel good because there is Ferrari in this world. And one day, someday, maybe, just maybe.....

All this V12 powered daydreaming is interrupted by the noise of another V12. And another. And yet another. You are startled, and look towards the source of all that noise. And suddenly you realize that you are not alone. And that there are thousands of your breed. People who own yellow Lamborghinis and red Ducatis in their head. They may or may not have the money, they may or may not have the means, they may or may not have ever seen you or spoken to you, but they are people who would make you feel as if you have known them for ages. Divided by boundaries of the world, but united by a common passion. A passion that smells of unleaded. A passion that moves on wheels. A passion that moves our souls. A passion that divides us often. But a passion that ultimately makes us one.

As automotive enthusiasts we like to keep moving on. But once in a while there comes something that makes you stop. And take a deep, hard look.

The Automotive India. Happy birthday to six years of uniting automotive passion.

Now, let’s move on. Together.

Engine Start.

TAI-6th-Anniversary-07.JPG

TAI-6th-Anniversary-06.JPG

TAI-6th-Anniversary-04.JPG

TAI-6th-Anniversary-08.jpg

350Z

Core Team
Happy Birthday The Automotive India! :smile: Thanks for the wonderful write-up, Sam. It's sure good to be rollin' in the 6th gear. This feeling ain't any different than of seeing your child grow. What started as a casual, personal blog is today the home of numerous likeminded people who've come from different parts of the world yet share the same passion. I'd like to genuinely thank each petrolhead on board who has contributed in their own way in this initiative of serving each other. The Automotive India is more than just a forum, it's an extended family. We've grown from strength to strength in past one year alone. Apart from the ever-increasing amount of visitors and a vast collection of some of the finest information-rich topics one can find on web, here are a few of the biggest highlights of this year:

> http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...-automotive-india-stickers-v2-grab-yours.html

> http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...w-year-new-beginnings-say-hello-ngtai-v2.html

> The Automotive India: 2014 Website of the Year India Nominee

Passion is and shall remain the bedrock of all our endeavors. Staying in line with our vision, we'll continue to raise the benchmarks of online automotive journalism.

Drive Safe,
350Z

my my, :D never been so happy to be a part of such great and friendly community.
Wish you many more happy miles for your journey. Happy Birthday :)

Happy Birthday TAI

Birthday Wish got to be an Award for the "Best Automotive Website of the Year 2014"

All the Best Wishes and Millions of Years Ahead to the Fine Team and their Active Members[clap]

Happy Birthday TAI.!! [:)]

May the "Website of the year 2014" be the best
Birthday gift for TAI on the 6th year of awesomeness!
Have a good time fellow petrol heads!

End note: The title "New year, new gear" made me think TAI
is giving away thank you gifts (freebie ride gears) on B'day.[lol]

Happy Birthday TAI. In a nation practising anything but truth in so many ways and means, there are some places where truth is heard more often [lol] (That's why Sam Dinkar wrote "A passion that divides us often" in the first post). Thanks TAI for being one such place. Proud to belong here. Cheers.

Happy Birthday TAI

I am glad to be part of this wonderful community, my best wishes are always with you guys keep going.

Regards

Awesome, 6 years went in a fly is all i can say.This is my family and each and every day that went by had some amazing memories, good friends and this superb community to live with.
A very happy birthday TAI.[clap]
Vibhor, at times i do really think of our old portal and that chat box which was soo much fun.[;)]

Happy Birthday TAI,
I am grateful for this wonderful and user friendly community, in which we acquire knowledge about the motors.
Without TAI, I wouldn't purchased a Car (Hyundai Grand i110), TAI has provided me resources about the cars in India, their specifications,performances, mileage, reviews etc., in which a common man can understand the basics and advanced details of any car.
TAI get going , we'll be together in running successfully for the years ahead.

Many Many Happy returns of this day...TAI.[clap]
I recently joined this group as i was planning to buy a new car and wanted to have a closure look at my shortlisted cars(Xcent and Zest). The detailed review of TAI about these cars , matured ownership reviews and instant advice by existing owners helped me to take my decision.
After getting a feedback from TAI i took TD of both the cars once again yesterday Its just a coincidence that i am going to book my car(ZEST) today so kinda happy birthday for new car as well ....Many thanks TAI and to all members[drive]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom