Dear Friends must read.
And funny part is that Alto white color is available with other dealers like One stop, Mohans Udyog, and Bhandari. Being the largest Maruti Dealer in Kolkata I didn't expected from them.
Dewar’s Garage Limited
83/1, Topsia Road (South)
Re: Cancellation of Booking of “Alto 800 LXI, Color – White (NM)”
01. I have booked the captioned car on 17/10/2012 with booking amount of Rs 5000/- paid by way of cheque no.: *** dated 17/10/2012 drawn on State Bank of India, Ruby Park Branch, Kolkata. The cheque has been en-cashed by you of 19/10/2012.
02. The Order Cum Commitment Checklist, inter alia, contains the following which is duly signed by your Sales Executive:
I. Cost of Vehicle: Rs
Ex-showroom price : 299000
Insurance price : 10111
Registration Charges : 18587
Handling Charges : 5500
Others (Logistic) : 2350
On Road Price : 335548
II. Under Dealership Name the name of the following official have been stated:
DSE name: Mr Saroj
TL name : Mr Rahul
03. At the time of booking I was told by Mr Rahul – TL that the car will be available on 25/10/2012 and I should contact him for the payment of balance amount of Rs 330548/- (Rs 335548 – 50000 paid as booking amount). Accordingly I contacted Mr Rahul and to my surprise I was told that the price for my booked model with White color is Rs 348000/- (appx) and white color will not be available before 06/11/2012.
04. I think Mr Rahul has deliberately misinformed me about the price for getting the car booked by me. This is not expected from a dealer of repute like you.
05. In view of the above I would request you to please cancel the booking and refund the booking amount to me with interest @ 15% from the date of booking to the date of payment, immediately.
06. For your ease of reference, I enclose the copy of Order Cum Commitment Checklist. Please note money receipt of Rs. is lost/misplaced. However the details of my payment of booking amount has been given in Para 01 above
(Amartya Biswas) Date: October 30, 2012
Encl: as above
As for the Dealership review is concern I think I should share some more information about Dewars Garage, Kolkata. I will share the information on point basis. :-
1) Saw the news about all "new Alto 800 will be launched by Maruti-Suzuki in Mid-October" in TAI
news thread. So, told my Dad about this news. He was really exited about this news because there was so much emotion attached to the Word "800'' My Father first bought Maruti 800 Standard in 1989. I was just 2 years old that time hehe. I can recall everybody calling Maruti, Maruti by seeing the car. I also said same once I saw other Maruti car, I really enjoyed calling Maruti :D
2) So, after lot research and seeing real photographs in TAI
, I and my Dad finally decided to booked the all new Alto 800. So, next day called some dealers about price and availability. They all said Alto 800 will be available after the official launch. Most of the dealers like Bhandari, Mohan's and One-Auto quoted around 3.52 Lkh (on-road) price. I called another Dealer called "Dewars Garage" its being the oldest maruti dealers in Kolkata. Sales person called Rahul quoted me, Rs. 3.30Lakh( on-road) price. I was literally surprised by the huge difference compared among the other dealers.
3) So, on 17th October visited the showroom. They showed the Alto 800 and its new features and blah blah blah. Took some snaps also that I have posted already in TAI
news page. So, after getting the final price quotation by Mr. Rahul, I finally decided to Book the Maruti Suzuki Alto 800 (white) and paid 5000 rupees by cheque. I told Mr. Rahul that I need the White Alto 800 before 30th October. He assured me not to worry and asked me to contact on 25th October to give remaining balance.
4) On 25th October, I called Mr. Rahul, to my surprises he told me that price of Alto 800(LXI) for Kolkata is 3.48 lakh rupees approx (on-road) and White color will not be available till 6th November.
7) 1st- Mr. Rahul deliberately misinformed me wrong price of Alto 800 in prior to book with their showroom.
2nd- As I have already told him I want the vehicle before 30th October. Till date he assured me to wait few days. But I decided to cancel the booking and get the car from other dealer.
8) Called other dealers "One Auto" which is located near Science City. They told me they have the White Alto 800 Lxi in stock. So, I visited their showroom and paid the amount and I will get the vehicle after 4 days after paperwork's. And in the same day submitted the written documents to Dewars Garage Topsia. My experince with Dewars Garage is totally negative and I will give 0/10 :X