Pathetic Experience at Royal Enfield Dealership

Thread Starter #1
Hello Friends
i want to tell the experience i had at RE dealership. i had gone to test ride Desert Storm as i want to bookl it but they had only electra 350 for test ride upon asking them i need to test ride 500cc Classic before booking they told me one of customer's bike has come for service they can give me test ride on that bike which i politely refused then they ask me to come next. when i went there they had DS ready upon riding it I had booked a Desert Storm 500 & was promised next day delivery. when i went to get the bike delivered i thought of doing some PDI i noticed rust on engine case and on cylinder kit and on other side of engine casing they was marks like acid spilt over it. when i told them they told me "SAAAR, I IT IS ROYAL ENFIELD IT IS BOUND TO HAVE SOME RUST" and on second "SAAAR, YOU CAN GET IT BUFFED FROM OUTSIDE IT WILL SURELY MOVE". i just cancelled the booking on spot. i have a humble active and discover both of them are 10 year old they haven't rusted as new RE.i think we should now DIFFERENTIATE NOW BETWEEN POOR QUALITY CONTROL AND CHARACTER.as a 2 lakh bike i think a customer deserve some good quality product.

This type of "Chalega toh tension kyu lega" attitude was the main reason RE became one of the worst bikes in recent years. RE today is nowhere near as the old RE, especially quality and reliability.

If you are planning to use this as a daily driver, I suggest you to look into some other bike as newer RE's have ample amount of issues.

Since there are many people who buy this bike just by craze, RE is not bothered about it.

in my opinion....Royal Enfield is not Royal anymore.
Beware of sub standard products and sub standard service.
RE is an eyewash , telling you that you have special bikes.
that is only until recently when they tapped business into the mass segment.

suggest you go for an old bullet(it will have the oil leak and the nuances that come along with it, but you will enjoy the feel of the old bullet), and a good mechanic to go along with with it.
i ride a 1969 bullet, single owner- and boy it is well maintained. also, i have seen the era of RE fade into the electric start mode: the newer times are bikes like toys :-)

Top Bottom