Stay Away From Sundaram Honda RaniGunj (Secunderabad)

Thread Starter #1
Hello,

I have a Honda City serviced yesterday at Sundaram Honda, Rani Gunj, Secunderabad.
Car had completed 20k service last time (with same service center) and in 5 months had done only 3000 km more. As its long due, I took it to service center yesterday.

The representative checked it and said its a medium service and no need to do any major changes. But they forced unusual things which made up my service charge upto Rs.8,800 for no reason. The things they do it without your knowledge are:
1) Rodent repellent - Rs. 948.75 (who will do for a 3 years old car safely kept inside home car park?)
2) AC filters were replaced last time. This time they did AC cleaner an disinfectant - Rs.862.50 (is it necessary for every 5 months to do this? not sure)
3) Silencer coating treatment - charged Rs. 1380.00. I dont know why someone will do these (beautification) for silencer by spending this much?
I was unable to understand all these in the service repair form as I thought this was some mechanical work, later looks like this is beautification stuff.

Beware of Sundaram Honda Service hereafter. They loot.

Thanks,

AK

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
It was your duty to ask what all things were mentioned in the repair form. I don't see any looting but some unnecessary work was performed.

Advisor wrote down the work needed to be done, you signed it and he did the job.

I agree it's a complete waste but I hope you learned your lesson.
Always check the manual for recommened things to be done and do ask what is written on the job sheet.

For now do ask him for how much longer the repellant and the coating will work and if there is some damage because of the rodents will they do the work free of cost?

Last edited:
Saying stay away from the service centre is too much man for your given case,if they have messed with your car then that's the point of worry.

Coming to your service, i felt there was no requirement of silencer coating[roll]

Ananth,

I'm sorry to hear about your bad experiences with Sundaram Honda.Even we are thinking to buy City as we sold off our Vento recently and can't choose which dealer is best in Hyderabad.The nearest for me is Green Honda,which is located in Alkapuri(I live in Tarnaka BTW) and my friend,who bought City Diesel in 2014 from Sundaram Honda itself,is giving their car for service at Green Honda as of now as it is nearer from Tarnaka.

Top Bottom