What's Your Favorite Day For Test Drive?

Thread Starter #1

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Friends,

Though all of us look for any given opportunity to drive the newest of the cars but often our commitments make us plan and choose a specific time and day to fulfill our desire for having a drive in the desired car. So, would like to know, which day of the week you prefer to take Test Drive or you always feel Test Drives are best when taken during the weekends?

Let me share my experience with the Test Drives so far, mass market brands like Maruti, Hyundai and Honda have tremendous foot-fall in their dealership in the weekends and the TD Vehicle is either on a TD or there is long waiting line. Specially in Maruti and Hyundai it has happened with me. In Maruti, When I went to TD Hybrid Ertiga, had to wait for almost an hour before the TD vehicle came back and similar thing had happened with the Baleno during the weekend. I remember, when Creta was launched at Dealership and I had gone for the TD, man, the dealership was bustling and had to wait for long time and that was on a week day. Most recently, The TD of Brezza in Mumbai, I finally got the car after waiting for just 15 minutes and it was a Sunday. Even though there was lot of foot fall in the dealership there, I got to drive it to my heart's content and came back with a big grin and satisfaction of having a good TD Duration.

So, would like you all to share, which is your favorite day of Test Drive and how was the scene at dealership when you went there on that day for the TD.

Regards

Akash

I never took a test drive until i decided to buy My i20 around 2012,prior to that i had taken a test drive of a Chevy Beat
but recently thinking of booking a Duster & had enquired about the Eco Sport also. Face lift Duster i walked in around 4 evening & car 110AWD & 85PS version was ready on spot & i knew features on the car better than the sales executive, i kept irritating the guy asking him what would he do if i dont have a license, what if i crash the car what if that what if this what if[lol]
After my 5 min drive of AWD110 the lower variant Duster85 was missing as it was driven to a customer place.Both Renault & Ford have been calling me to get the car home for test drives again also.

But in my view best time to take a test drive would be any time between 11AM to 3PM, as traffic is light & a week day always makes sense but if you really want to test drive some powerful cars then Sunday afternoon if you can,but then you will find alot of honk happy people on Sundays(Literally every Sunday for months been annoyed by no road sense honkers)

Top Bottom