Pride Fiat, Rajkot: Pathetic After Sales Service Ever

Thread Starter #1
Hello folks.
The intention of this thread is to reveal the Pride fiat folks arrogant and careless behavior towards the fiat's loyal customer. i had 'n' numbers of issues with them so finally decided to come up with the proper thread. i purchased car from them only on jan 2014 punto mjd. their behavior was good until i booked my car, after then every thing was on downhill here goes the list.

1) Adding anything and charging for them without informing you :

The day itself when i got the car, the right side license plate light was not working. i was unaware regarding the error so couldn't do anything. my dad showed me that the light is not working when i parked car at home at night. after a week when i went to fit the mud flaps (which was not available at the time of delivery and i have to take the delivery without them itself) i shown the light which is supposed to work, the gm present there immediately got the new light itself and asked them to change without even asking me. i thought it would be covered in warranty but they billed me 372/- odd bucks. ok i admit my mistake i have to be carefull on the day i took the delivery. the funny part here when i that light unit there was a bulb that was kaput and i damn sure its easily replace able. so next time if any of u have license plate light gone, try to change inner bulb first then replacing the whole unit

2) Unable to solve left pulling issue :

i had the left pulling issue from day one. i informed them that i had this issue they said will sort out on first service. i waited and during the first service they had trial runs few times. they simply were not ready to believe that car is dragging towards left side. i was totally surprised to see their behavior. they were keep saying its due to road surface. i then said take the wrong side , then the car was still dragging left side, i pointed that out. if the road surface is made in order to water fade away then why the car is keep going in left.
then they finally have to admit and does alignment but didn't worked.
they then does tyre rotation and then problem was solved (but not permanent)
the left pulling again started after 800 kms. i was now angry enough, all the horror stories against fiat was kept coming in my mind.
( to be continued on next issue....)

3) Accidented my car while they were on trial run :

i then again booked the appointment with them due to left pull and the odo was 5.8k kms iirc
it was 10 o'clock in the morning, sa took the driver seat,without even opening the job card, he was talking on phone while reversing my car and BANG ! my six months old car was banged that also without my mistake. the sa was actually trying to make a u turn to get a exit while he missed a new toyota etios parked inside the workshop present there for body work yes they do repair other cars to. don't know if fiat itself is aware about it or not.
the sa at that time kept saying its not major ! its not major ! i saw my cars boot door has heavy dent and the rear bumper has torned off from rear fog light area. etios has misaligned bumper and it came down from one side. i said it has to be repaired and m not claiming insurance or anything from my pocket as you were driving and talking on phone, that also without opening an job card. he said ok your car will be done as it was just give me two days. i was ok with it as mistake could happen with anyone. with heavy heart i left the service center
after an hour i got the call from gm (which was changed and recruited recently) punit agarwal, he said your car was dented earlier and we will not going to repair your car at our cost. i was like WTF. heated words were exchanged, i was angry like anything. i mean this is literally a cheating. there were n no. of peoples who saw the accident, it was like a daylight robbery.
that gm was not even trying to understand any thing. i first tried to explain him but he straight away refused. i was literally pissed of at that time
luckily i have few pics taken of my car on a day before the incidence happen, which showed to them and to fca
i called that bloody sa who does this and said i am coming with my man force, answer them. he then understood the situation has became worsen and said sir please dont come here i am explaining my gm and your car will be done in 2 days. i then took a sign of releif.
but i was still afraid regrading the incidence and deiced to let fiat officials do let know the incidence. mailed the FCA and Mangesh kodalkar regarding the issue. he immediately looked over the matter. after two days the car was ready.they repainted the bumper and boot, there were the signs of paint on rear door too and they kept the front windows open which let the interior became dusty.
now the key issue which was left pulling was still unsolved. this gm punit agarwal didn't deny the fact that its not pulling, but he said its due to your mistake, you may have driven your car from heavy pothole, otherwise after 700-800 kms this issue cant persist again. that make me angry again, i said i live in the city which has finest roads, i care my car like baby, its merely six months old, and this is god sake a hatchback not and suv that i will take it for ofraoding and which would let it led to this
again had to keep the fca guys in loop, they finally called the jk authorized person and do make some tweaks in the alignment and the problem was solved once again( still not for long time) again after approx 1k kms the problem still persisted, i then thought it would be better if i live with it. i then explored other options as well like tyre rotation, alignment done from outside than fass. but still problem persisted, till the tyres lasted ~ 34k kms. there was uneven wear and tear on the outer and inner edges of the tyres, so decided to change them as a trip to punjab was on cards.
i have changed to 185/70/r14 falkens, tyrex mulund.
did4k kms post tyre change and no signs of left pulling (and shoulder pain after highway run)
car moves straight

4) Insurance scam :

while i got the car, i got the copy of the future generalli insurance stating 21k as a premium. it wasn't original policy but a copy, being a first time new owner, i wasn't aware that i should ask for a original one.
now after 10-11 months of ownership, a fellow friend of mine called me and ask for copy of mine as a friend i forwarded it on wa ( he owns black punto same year as mine but 1 month more older then mine ) he shed the light that i was being mugged as the in fg policy the table C is not equal to table A + B, i was not an expert in insurance department. my friend informed me that pride fiat folks had done scam in providing fake policy of insurance. i asked fg for my policy and they said mine premiums was merely 12k. the pride fiat folks has provided a tampered copy to me and many of my fiat friends, i do cross checked many guys and informed them regarding this scam, i even raised a complain in fg. after few months, i got the call from pride fiat stating we have charged more to you please come and collect your remaining 9k. it was refunded by a cheque.

5) Charging for the item which covers in warranty :

I don't understand why these fass guys do avoid to serve warranty claims.
after 12 months of ownership right side suspension was making some thak thak noise.
service was due, left my car with them and pointed out this issue. the mech ajit (only technical mech and well behaved person i met there) immediately recognize it as a elastic pad needs replavement, i asked the sa whether its come under warranty, he said rubber/plastic parts don't. i was still ok and said replace it. i has no option at that time.
they charged 1565/-.
while taking delivery from service, mech ajit said sir left side will be due soon, but it looks 50% of life left. i was shocked as in 30k kms i have to replace suspension components that also in a car which run only few thousands kms in cities, my other runs were usually on good highways, say nh 8 is like my second home
i mailed the mangesh and fca asking me the clarification, they said your car is under warranty and will ask pride fiat to refund your money. got an call and mail from the pride fiat (say gm tejas sonpal, changed again), that come and collect the cheque, i at that time recently shifted to mumbai, said i will collect it within a month (as i did at the time of insurance refund collection) my mistake.
(to be continued on next issue...)

6) Tantrums when it comes to refund amout :

Now, after two months, i returned rajkot, met the gm and reminded him that i am here to collect the cheque. he first said he has no information regarding this. he checked his computer and reverted back that there is no such refund is to be paid, i was shocked. i then showed him the mail from his side stating that they are liable to pay the refund and will collect it within a month, now the tricky task, they have no reason to deny the fact that have to refund. he said ok, i am making the cheque of something 1300/- and that cheque will be delivered at your home (ie at my rajkot's residence,)
i was looking like a fool, in my own eyes.

firstly,i asked him why 1300/-, he replied tax has been deduced and it has gone to the government account, you will be refunded only part's amount.
i was not agree with them at all and angry enough
keeping the first issue aside, i asked them why you will send cheque at my home, i am here just make and give me here straight forward, i am here in my city to do some work, who will sit at my home just to collect a simple stupid cheque, they said sir we have to follow the procedure, i said then why the hell you guys were waiting for almost 2 months if you have to follow the procedure only, and why u invited me here to collect the cheque, i felt insulted at that time for fighting over 1565/- bucks. but then i was sure i won't allow them to cheat any of us like this.
came back empty handed, mailed the fca again, regarding amount and i will not be able to receive the cheque, as i am not sure how many days i will in rajkot. i also cleared that i will not going back to collect it again, enough is enough now.

few days mails were exchanged, without any result, finally pride fiat agreed to pay full amount of 1565/-, now the matter was how, they agreed that they will deposit the cheque by them into my account, i only gave them account no. then.
finally, after lots of hiccups got the refund of full amount

7) Not following service intervals properly :

When i gave my car 30k kms service, its basically major service, where they manual has written to change all fluids (say power steering oil, gear oil, brake oil,coolant) at 30k/2 years.
they didn't changed these fluids in mine, on upon asking them they said you can streach it to 45k kms , no need to hurry. now my cars odo stands on 37.8k kms, and if anything happens to my car who will be responsible. ?

Note : every time while i gave my car in service they said your car not need balancing.
while i get it done on outside
they also said tyre rotation has been done which i cross checked outside found not done

8) Absence of technical staff :

about a month back (feb) i got the call from pride fiat asking me about my feedback on last service , i said them i am not happy with your servicing, why you guys skipped changing all fluids, i need valid explaination, the madam herself was not sure at what interval it has to be change, she was kept saying it has to be changed at 60k kms or 2 years. on digging up more she disconnected the phone

9) Usage of diesel for washing cars :
they use diesel on whole car and under the hood, on asking them they said it will make car shines lot better, i from next service strictly advise them not to use diesel at all
i guess by using diesel their work of removing stains/dirt became lot more easier

10) Every time new staff :

now the only expert mech ajit has also left 3 months ago,
well every time i visit they have new faces, talking about service gms, first there was one bald uncle (remember who changed my cars license plate light without informing) second was punit agarwal and third current one is tejas sonpal,
talking about head sa, first there was a guy known dk, then came bhavesh, then sanjay, presently pintu patel ( this guy will treat you like he is recovery agent, and you have loan to be paid remaining
the sa in sales left the job within 5 months
( less idea sales team as i had no reason to meet them )
regarding , mechs and receptionist (lower level sa), better if i less talk about them. i am yet to find any of them again
The reason behind opening this thread is to alert my fiat brother regarding this dealer.
I feel its only single dealer in whole Saurastra itself, so why should it impact negatively to fiat.
but i think now it the time.

Pointer and questions are welcomed

Thanks and regards

Vicky

Last edited:

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Re: Pride fiat, Rajkot : Pathetic fass ever

their behavior was good until i booked my car, after then every thing was on downhill here goes the list.
Not all but most of the dealers here in India have same type of behavior. Customer is king till the time the DD/Cheque is in his hands. The moment customer makes payment, the ball lands in dealer's court. However, if the customer takes a stand on a correct practice, the dealers cannot charge a penny more.

1) Adding anything and charging for them without informing you :
The day itself when i got the car, the right side license plate light was not working. i was unaware regarding the error so couldn't do anything. my dad showed me that the light is not working when i parked car at home at night. the gm present there immediately got the new light itself and asked them to change without even asking me. i thought it would be covered in warranty but they billed me 372/- odd bucks.
Until the customer proves to be a hard-nut to crack, the service centers often overcharge. This tactics is there in every brand's ASC. Either get whole unit changed or leave it like that. This way, in spares and service the dealers make money. This is absolute robbery and dealers do it because while selling the car they don't have much margin to earn so they make money in service and spares only.

2) Unable to solve left pulling issue :
i had the left pulling issue from day one. i informed them that i had this issue they said will sort out on first service. i waited and during the first service they had trial runs few times. they simply were not ready to believe that car is dragging towards left side. i was totally surprised to see their behavior. they were keep saying its due to road surface. i then said take the wrong side , then the car was still dragging left side, i pointed that out. if the road surface is made in order to water fade away then why the car is keep going in left.
then they finally have to admit and does alignment but didn't worked.
they then does tyre rotation and then problem was solved (but not permanent)
the left pulling again started after 800 kms. i was now angry enough, all the horror stories against fiat was kept coming in my mind.
I would suggest, directly get in touch with FIAT. The ASC technicians may not be that well trained to do their job.

3) Accidented my car while they were on trial run

i then again booked the appointment with them due to left pull and the odo was 5.8k kms iirc
it was 10 o'clock in the morning, sa took the driver seat,without even opening the job card, he was talking on phone while reversing my car and BANG ! my six months old car was banged that also without my mistake. the sa was actually trying to make a u turn to get a exit while he missed a new toyota etios parked inside the workshop present there for body work yes they do repair other cars to. don't know if fiat itself is aware about it or not.
As per ethics, no other brand car can be repaired in a ASC apart from OEM brand. Even if any ASC Employee owns other brand of vehicle that cannot be repaired at ASC of someone else. However, Jugaad is a big thing over here. lubricants, spares are often syphoned off.

the sa at that time kept saying its not major ! its not major ! i saw my cars boot door has heavy dent and the rear bumper has torned off from rear fog light area. etios has misaligned bumper and it came down from one side. i said it has to be repaired and m not claiming insurance or anything from my pocket as you were driving and talking on phone, that also without opening an job card. he said ok your car will be done as it was just give me two days. i was ok with it as mistake could happen with anyone. with heavy heart i left the service center
after an hour i got the call from gm (which was changed and recruited recently) punit agarwal, he said your car was dented earlier and we will not going to repair your car at our cost. i was like WTF. heated words were exchanged, i was angry like anything. i mean this is literally a cheating. there were n no. of peoples who saw the accident, it was like a daylight robbery.
that gm was not even trying to understand any thing. i first tried to explain him but he straight away refused. i was literally pissed of at that time
luckily i have few pics taken of my car on a day before the incidence happen, which showed to them and to fca
i called that bloody sa who does this and said i am coming with my man force, answer them. he then understood the situation has became worsen and said sir please dont come here i am explaining my gm and your car will be done in 2 days. i then took a sign of releif.
but i was still afraid regrading the incidence and deiced to let fiat officials do let know the incidence. mailed the FCA and Mangesh kodalkar regarding the issue. he immediately looked over the matter. after two days the car was ready.
A similar incident happened with me at Shiva Motors (Chevrolet Dealer) in Noida about 3 years back when I owned an Optra. The car went for service and the SA while parking it inside, brushed front right corner of the bumper against a pillar. The paint chipped and scratch was there. My driver informed me and the SA denied at first but when I took it to their GM, he tried to show me and teach me that there is a clause in Job Card that states, "During Servicing, if the car is damaged then customer won't be charged for it and dealer shall fix it via insurance". My question to him was, why is the insurance even involved here? You have damaged it then you get it repaired. He denied, but I persisted. Finally, the SA apologized and wanted me to close the matter. I did not, I took stand. By evening, the GM of the dealership, agreed to send the bumper to their Sahibabad dealership and get it fully repaired instead of touch up job and fix it in 24 hours FOC.

4) Insurance scam :

while i got the car, i got the copy of the future generalli insurance stating 21k as a premium. it wasn't original policy but a copy, being a first time new owner, i wasn't aware that i should ask for a original one.
now after 10-11 months of ownership, a fellow friend of mine called me and ask for copy of mine as a friend i forwarded it on wa ( he owns black punto same year as mine but 1 month more older then mine ) he shed the light that i was being mugged as the in fg policy the table C is not equal to table A + B, i was not an expert in insurance department. my friend informed me that pride fiat folks had done scam in providing fake policy of insurance. i asked fg for my policy and they said mine premiums was merely 12k. the pride fiat folks has provided a tampered copy to me and many of my fiat friends, i do cross checked many guys and informed them regarding this scam, i even raised a complain in fg. after few months, i got the call from pride fiat stating we have charged more to you please come and collect your remaining 9k. it was refunded by a cheque.
I would suggest, change the dealership ASAP. They are utterly unprofessional chaps.

5) Charging for the item which covers in warranty :[/B]

I don't understand why these fass guys do avoid to serve warranty claims.
after 12 months of ownership right side suspension was making some thak thak noise.
service was due, left my car with them and pointed out this issue. the mech ajit (only technical mech and well behaved person i met there) immediately recognize it as a elastic pad needs replavement, i asked the sa whether its come under warranty, he said rubber/plastic parts don't. i was still ok and said replace it. i has no option at that time.
they charged 1565/-.
while taking delivery from service, mech ajit said sir left side will be due soon, but it looks 50% of life left. i was shocked as in 30k kms i have to replace suspension components that also in a car which run only few thousands kms in cities, my other runs were usually on good highways, say nh 8 is like my second home
i mailed the mangesh and fca asking me the clarification, they said your car is under warranty and will ask pride fiat to refund your money. got an call and mail from the pride fiat (say gm tejas sonpal, changed again), that come and collect the cheque, i at that time recently shifted to mumbai, said i will collect it within a month (as i did at the time of insurance refund collection) my mistake.
(to be continued on next issue...)

6) Tantrums when it comes to refund amout :

Now, after two months, i returned rajkot, met the gm and reminded him that i am here to collect the cheque. he first said he has no information regarding this. he checked his computer and reverted back that there is no such refund is to be paid, i was shocked. i then showed him the mail from his side stating that they are liable to pay the refund and will collect it within a month, now the tricky task, they have no reason to deny the fact that have to refund. he said ok, i am making the cheque of something 1300/- and that cheque will be delivered at your home (ie at my rajkot's residence,)
i was looking like a fool, in my own eyes.

firstly,i asked him why 1300/-, he replied tax has been deduced and it has gone to the government account, you will be refunded only part's amount.
i was not agree with them at all and angry enough
keeping the first issue aside, i asked them why you will send cheque at my home, i am here just make and give me here straight forward, i am here in my city to do some work, who will sit at my home just to collect a simple stupid cheque, they said sir we have to follow the procedure, i said then why the hell you guys were waiting for almost 2 months if you have to follow the procedure only, and why u invited me here to collect the cheque, i felt insulted at that time for fighting over 1565/- bucks. but then i was sure i won't allow them to cheat any of us like this.
came back empty handed, mailed the fca again, regarding amount and i will not be able to receive the cheque, as i am not sure how many days i will in rajkot. i also cleared that i will not going back to collect it again, enough is enough now.

few days mails were exchanged, without any result, finally pride fiat agreed to pay full amount of 1565/-, now the matter was how, they agreed that they will deposit the cheque by them into my account, i only gave them account no. then.
finally, after lots of hiccups got the refund of full amount
After reading your ordeal with the foolish dealer, I have only thing to say, Blacklist them with immediate effect from your list and don't recommend their services to anyone. Dealers often ruin the brand's image. A kick in their sweet spot would have shown them stars in broad daylight.

7) Not following service intervals properly :

When i gave my car 30k kms service, its basically major service, where they manual has written to change all fluids (say power steering oil, gear oil, brake oil,coolant) at 30k/2 years.
they didn't changed these fluids in mine, on upon asking them they said you can streach it to 45k kms , no need to hurry. now my cars odo stands on 37.8k kms, and if anything happens to my car who will be responsible. ?

Note : every time while i gave my car in service they said your car not need balancing.
while i get it done on outside
they also said tyre rotation has been done which i cross checked outside found not done
Opt for another dealership. At times lubes can stand a 1000-2000 km more than the prescribed change depending on driving and usage of vehicles but to be on safer side, it is best to follow the manual of servicing.

8) Absence of technical staff :

about a month back (feb) i got the call from pride fiat asking me about my feedback on last service , i said them i am not happy with your servicing, why you guys skipped changing all fluids, i need valid explaination, the madam herself was not sure at what interval it has to be change, she was kept saying it has to be changed at 60k kms or 2 years. on digging up more she disconnected the phone
Honest feedback given[clap] I too did the same with Honda ASC here. Now when they call, they offer me freebies but I deny even entering their ASC for my car's service. I did not get my insurance renewal too from them. I took it from other Honda Dealer in Noida.

9) Usage of diesel for washing cars :
they use diesel on whole car and under the hood, on asking them they said it will make car shines lot better, i from next service strictly advise them not to use diesel at all
i guess by using diesel their work of removing stains/dirt became lot more easier
If you still maintain relations with this dealership, then stand and supervise the work of your car.

10) Every time new staff :

now the only expert mech ajit has also left 3 months ago,
well every time i visit they have new faces, talking about service gms, first there was one bald uncle (remember who changed my cars license plate light without informing) second was punit agarwal and third current one is tejas sonpal,
talking about head sa, first there was a guy known dk, then came bhavesh, then sanjay, presently pintu patel ( this guy will treat you like he is recovery agent, and you have loan to be paid remaining
the sa in sales left the job within 5 months
( less idea sales team as i had no reason to meet them )
regarding , mechs and receptionist (lower level sa), better if i less talk about them. i am yet to find any of them again
It could be possible that in unethical practices, the dealer was hand in glove with the staff. The staff was as much a thief as the dealer is. So in best interest of your car, avoid visiting them.

Regards

Akash

Thread Starter #3
@Akash8116

yes mate, i had given up to this dealer
from now onwards, minor service will be done by me (as a DIY) and the major one will be done FNG.
no hopes in fass.
locating the parts from after market is not an issue anymore.

cheers

vicky

Top Bottom