Cheated by Tata Motor Services - Mysore Road

Thread Starter #1
I regret to say that Tata Motor Services have disappointed me by letting me down in the quality of their services.

I had to pay heavily because of the poor service provided by Tata motors service center on Mysore road. On the morning of Jan 28th 2016 we lost our grandmother to a heart attack. The ambulance was 30 mins away and our car (TATA Nano) which was just brought back from service about a week ago didn't start.
We were helpless and had to watch her suffer the heart attack.

We had reported the issue in January to service center (Supervisor - Chetan) he was insisting on changing some parts which was not even related to the issue. When we questioned his justification on part replacement he went quiet. Later he told us the car was fixed and sent it home.
We thought the issue was fixed and never checked the car after we got it back. It was only after a week on the day of medical emergency we realized that we were lied to about issue being fixed.

When we called back the service center, the supervisor took back the car and returned it after a week (us following up everyday on the status of theissue) saying that the issue is fixed, but the issue is still not fixed with the car! . Now the supervisor is saying he doesn't know what the issue is! He is not able to find out.

My Question to Tata Motor Services:
1) Are you aware that your mechanical supervisors don't know much about your cars?
2) They do guess work on replacing parts (which is paid for by customers) and we keep our fingers crossed that it will solve the issues. Is this what you call quality servicing?
3) The replacement parts costs are different across your service centers. Example : Clutch kit replacement costs 6K (Mysore road service center). Same thing costs 4.5K in Dairy Circle service center. Why there is so much difference?
4) We had a car at home during the medical emergency, we couldn't respond in anyway only because the supervisor was not honest enough to tell us that issue was not fixed and he doesn't know what the issue is. How can I trust your service ever?
5) Who takes the responsibility of lives in the car if one of us is driving it not knowing if the issue is fixed or not?

I will be reposting this on social media and other blogs. Your brand is Indian and you cheat your own people!

Re: Cheated by Tata Motor Services - On Mysore Road

Hello ramyavkashyap, welcome to TheAutomotiveIndia.com

Our deepest condolences to your grandmother, may her soul rest in peace.

The dealership you mentioned is Concorde Motors at Mysore road. Other than the Concorde at Diary circle, I felt none other service centres have qualified technicians nor they are well behaved, in my recent experience with my Vista at Aadya Motors in Hebbal(60% satisfied), I felt Maruti is leagues ahead in servicing and employ knowledgeable labourers.
The service advisor quoted me 12k for clutch assembly replacement along with master cylinder be replaced which is a total rip off, i.e., I had got the clutch of my previous car (Chevy Enjoy) done for 5k with the help of good mechanic and I have to a pay such a premium for a vehicle that is fully built,and all parts localized inside country.

Suggest you to mail the TML team to look into the issue and highlighting the price difference in the service centre and make further step.

Akash1886

Honoured Member

This is hopeless nature of a reputed brand. I would suggest you to complete 10 posts here and then I will PM you my ID on which you can mail me the details. I will raise this issue through my sources in TML. It is unfortunate that after trusting the brands we as customers have to face such situations. Do complete 10 posts asap buddy.

Regards

Akash

Its really very sad to hear. Surely there were no words that can describe the situation.
May her soul rest in peace.

TATA is a good brand which in turn goes down by the service centers.

TASS in Bangalore is pathetic, not just this one. They have no clue about the root cause of any issue in nano. They just want to change parts and sell more spares. I have the same issue in my nano - insert key and turn (click noise & car wont start). After repeated attempts it will start. If you switch off car at signal, pray to god it will start in time. On my last visit to TASS when I highlighted this issue, he had no clue on root cause! Hence avoided getting that fixed.

Tata products are great, service centers are pathetic.

TASS in Bangalore is pathetic, not just this one. They have no clue about the root cause of any issue in nano. They just want to change parts and sell more spares. I have the same issue in my nano - insert key and turn (click noise & car wont start). After repeated attempts it will start. If you switch off car at signal, pray to god it will start in time. On my last visit to TASS when I highlighted this issue, he had no clue on root cause! Hence avoided getting that fixed.

Tata products are great, service centers are pathetic.
As per the symptoms,the issue is with the starter motor. If an authorized service centre personal doesn't know to identify an issue like this,how can they call themselves authorized service center? Is this a nano car issue? Pathetic to hear such reports. Tata lost the race because of these type of dealerships. [frustration]

I recall tata motors has a feedback call for work done on warranty cars - was this issue raised then ?

Still, you can still try escalating to

Tata Motors Limited,
2nd Floor, Fortune Summit,
# 244 HSR Layout, 6th Phase,
Hosur Main Road.
Bangalore -560102
tel080-66373400
they may not be able to help you sort things out

If you are not in warranty, why bother going to a tata service centre ?

to give them the benefit of the doubt, auto repair is not always black and white - troubleshooting might be required, and what may seem fixed at the workshop may later turn out to have issues later - even the best mechanics will run into such issues.

Ideally when you take delivery of the car, you should verify that the issue has been fixed yourself - this is something that you can assume that they have done, because historically they have shown that they don't bother.

Apart from warranty, an authorised service centre is supposed to cater decent service, have trained staff etc. I wanted only trained, knowledgeable guys to work on my car hence I went there.

I had a issue with noise that starts when move steering or on potholes or on humps etc. Like krrr krrr took it to them, they said entire front section is dead - struts, lower arm bent, steering box etc. They could not identify The source. I changed the steering rack whole set, then in 1week it came back.

I am stuck in a strange situation. Tass is bad, spares not available outside. Getting engine mounts (original is such a task!) The quality of spares that Tass installs and stuff that u get with same tata box packing are different.

Tass is a pain, spares are not easily available like MGP. My first and last tata car. Seriously!

Last edited:

I am stuck in a strange situation. Tass is bad, spares not available outside. Getting engine mounts (original is such a task!)
I am hearing this for the first time - I have never faced any issue with obtaining Tata spares in any of the cities in three states i have been.

If tasc is a problem, try a lucas tvs workshop

if parts is a problem, TASC's do sell parts only

alternately

New Real Automobiles
#8/1, Ground Floor, Srinivasa Complex, Journalist Colony, J C Road,
Thayappa Layout, near Raaj Residency, Bangalore - 560002

Phone:(80)-41243367

Thread Starter #10
Hi,

Just a follow up post from my original post from previous week.

The Tata Service Center on Mysore road called me after my complaint on Tata service feedback. This time a customer relation manager ( I think) spoke to me and assured me that he will get his best team to check the issue.

Following the call they picked up the car from my house last thursday to their service center and yesterday the same supervisor (Chetan) called me to tell me that this time they identified 'Alternator' ( as he said) is causing the problem. As per him it is over charging the battery. Now they are replacing/recitifying this one and checking the car condition. They say so far no issue after Alternator rectification/replacement.

From one of my previous conversation, I remember that this supervisor told me there was no issue from electric point of view. He checked using some EMV tool or something. So I continue to wonder whether this tool is meant to check this alternator situation or was there some thing else that was missed out during initial services.??!![confused]

Anyways, I requested the supervisor to test the vehicle in all possible scenarios for the issue. I told him to drive the car for 2 more days and be sure that this is the cause.
He is assuring that the issue is now rectified and his manager has agreed with him.

I might get the car back tomorrow, Hopefully it will be a good news at least this time..finger's crossed !!

Ramya Kashyap

Top Bottom