Audi's Delhi Dealer Booked For Cheating & Forgery

Thread Starter #1

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Friends,

Police said Rajiv Gambhir had purchased an Audi car from a dealership on Mathura road in March 2012. The documents given by the dealer were allegedly of a 2012 model, but later, when Gambhir tried to sell it, he found the car was actually a 2011 model, after which he lodged a complaint. The case was forwarded to the economic offences wing, which found the complaint to be true. The FIR has been lodged under sections 420 (cheating), 465 (forgery) and 120 b (criminal conspiracy) of the IPC. Sanjay Yadav

"We have lodged an FIR against Regent Garage Private Limited and further investigations are under way," said inspector Heera Singh, SHO, DLF-I police station.
link

Regards

Akash

Re: Audi's Delhi Dealer Booked For Cheating & Forgery.

I have read it already! Guess the buyer is not aware of the fact that one can decode VIN to find the mfg year of a car! Nonetheless, these guys need to be punished and should teach other dealers who are doing this or want to do!

Thread Starter #3

Akash1886

Honoured Member

Indeed FD, 4 years back, I feel, people trusted the fact that the premium brands would not play around like this. But with this incident coming to light, I feel it is extremely important to always decode the VIN number prior to vehicle purchase. If this can happen with a premium/luxury car then it is very much a possibility to happen with mass-market cars that sell more than 10K units a month and people should never trust blindly any automotive brand.

Regards

Akash

This is nothing.Every January to March,hundreds of customers of Maruti,Hyundai will be duped by the sales guys saying that there is no issue as the vehicle is registered in new year. In this case, the forging of vehicle document had happened. Cheating is part of the business . Sorry to be on the face,but it happens as people are not aware of VIN and even if they do,the customers are not given any VIN or PDI before the vehicle is given to them.

I completely agree to what generalmax shared here, how many people are aware even with what is VIN number, what does it work as.Even if you go and ask them what this sticker is on your rear doors glass pasted for, they would not know about it, forget about VIN detailing.
As said by him, we do know how the current years manufactured cars would be sold on january to march months of next year saying that your car is registered only on new year.Still many people would not know that was their car of last year manufactured or current new years, only while selling it off they would come to know about it and feel being cheated.
Coming to what Aakash shared yes the people should definately be punished and strict actions shall be taken against them.But why just premium brands is my question, all the dealers across nation shall provide the right facts to the buyers.

This is nothing.Every January to March,hundreds of customers of Maruti,Hyundai will be duped by the sales guys saying that there is no issue as the vehicle is registered in new year.
And here I am who have made 4 people put their purchases on hold because I haven't felt the discounts enough and hence asked the buyers to wait till mid January or first week of February and then bargain hard for 2015 stock or get the fresh 2016 arrivals.

BTW the manufacturing of the car is mentioned on the Form 22 as much I remember. If the dealer has changed that info then even Audi also should penalize the dealer or the same. Additionally there can be a case of end December chassis production but initial January assembly, this way the VIN will be from December but final assembly will be from January. I have personally came across such cars twice (Both were VW cars manufactured in first 3-4 days of their respective manufacturing months) where the VIN said one month but the details given by manufacturer had another number.

Last edited:

Top Bottom