Skoda: Another Scam or a Mistake!

Thread Starter #1

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
so yesterday gave my ford figo for service. to kill some time went to my friend's home nearby.

i casually asked him how much does fabia's service cost (petrol variant )
he said he paid 8k for the last service and before that he paid some 7k.

i was surprised after listening to this and asked him to get me the latest service record.
i saw 3m germkleen which was charged at 1500rs and saw the engine oil charges. i thought it's ok since they used synthetic oil.

but the 3300 rs charged for oil seemed odd to me since another friend bought fully synthetic for 5000 rs and i got confused since semi synthetic costs around 1700rs for 4 liters and mineral costs around 700 for 3.5 liters.

then came the shock. CHECK THE QUANTITY OF ENGINE OIL USED.

was surprised to see 4.3 liters of oil used for a 1.2 petrol engine. quickly googled and downloaded fabia's owners manual and found that the diesel engine uses 4.3 liters and the petrol uses 2.8 liters.

then i checked the previous bill and it showed 2.8 liters only.
called the advisor who got the car serviced.

i asked him how much liters the fabia petrol takes in,
to which he replied around 3 liters.

then i told him i have a service bill which shows 4.3 liters being charged.

he started muttering and then instantly said " sir it's a petrol and oil consumption is more so i think petrol takes in 4.3 liters and the diesel uses 3 liters"
i hung up the phone Knowing what he said was BS.

went to skoda service which was just besides the ford service center in which my car was being serviced.

showed the advisor the bill , another guy came with job card which mentioned only 2.8 liters of oil issued from the store room ( obviously ) and then he said we will refund the amount but before that we have to send a mail to skoda for reversal and asked us to come back the next day.

friend visited the showroom and got back 1400rs. also asked my friend to give them his mail id so that they will send an apology mail. will update if they ever do that.

it can be a honest mistake or maybe being done intentionally, i don't know. for the time being i am assuming it to be a mistake.

can happen with you or your unaware friends ( any company's service center) so be careful guys and ask every exolanation from your service advisor before as well as after the service.

2 pics of the bill and what the advisor wrote because we asked him to.

Attachments

Thread Starter #2

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
Re: Skoda : another scam or a mistake!

please merge reply number one and two but don't merge this reply.

i wanted to ask another question. what grade oil does skoda uses ? 5w40 ? and is this fully synthetic or semi synthetic ?

which will be the best aftermarket engine oil for skoda fabia petrol ? i have suggested him to use bosch service center for the next service.

please merge reply number one and two but don't merge this reply.

i wanted to ask another question. what grade oil does skoda uses ? 5w40 ? and is this fully synthetic or semi synthetic ?

which will be the best aftermarket engine oil for skoda fabia petrol ? i have suggested him to use bosch service center for the next service.
Skoda uses 5w40.castrol engine oil. Btw, many skoda owners skipping skoda Service center's!! They are going for outside garage's

Last edited:

Akash1886

Honoured Member

Your friend is lucky that with your pro-active approach the extra amount was refunded and the ASC of Skoda admitted to their mistake.[clap] However, Skoda Dealers are known to carry out malpractices and enough horror stories are already present. Transparency is something which dealers of SKODA do not practice at large and your incident is a one-off to be honest. But yes, your attitude was enough for them to learn that not everyone can be fooled easily and always. They'll think 10 times now before cheating/making mistakes in future.

Regards

Akash

This is just sad! If it were not a proactive person like u then its a quick way to earn cash by cheating.

Thread Starter #6

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member

@ manish - is it full synthetic ? i will tell him to use semi synthetic since his running is low. can you please suggest the brand and the grade.

@ akash & idsi - he got the car serviced in september. i aksed the advisor whether they match the bills with the items pushed out from the store.
and yes from now on they will not do something like this even by mistake. that's what the whole point was. he accepted the mistake which was good on their part so no hard feelings.

@ manish - is it full synthetic ? i will tell him to use semi synthetic since his running is low. can you please suggest the brand and the grade.

@ akash & idsi - he got the car serviced in september. i aksed the advisor whether they match the bills with the items pushed out from the store.
and yes from now on they will not do something like this even by mistake. that's what the whole point was. he accepted the mistake which was good on their part so no hard feelings.
@All hyundai cars. Hi, they use 5w40 fully synthetic oil. Yes we can use semi-synthetic oil also. Skoda A.S.S uses castrol brand barrels. I think they uses Castrol Edge which is same 5w40 fully synthetic oil it costs 3700 for 4 Liters. I will suggest Mobil 5W40 semi-synthetic oil.
If you want smooth engine 0w40 mobil ultimate-all round performance it costs 1080 per Litre(which is unnecessary).

Recently I was looking for a sparingly used diesel Skoda Rapid, I finalised one car (10 kkm run) with a dealer. Then I called up Skoda ASS where the car serviced by the first owner. They said, car was serviced at 7 kkm, and they had advised them replacement of oil sump, probably because it had got some accidental damage however it was not replaced be coz of non availability of the part. I got suspicious as as per Skoda website first servicing was due @15 kkm .
The concerned preowned car dealer agreed to get the car checked at same ASS. when the car was taken on ramp, oil sump was absolutely fine. but the clips of front bumper & of fibre grill under the radiator had received damage.
Now, as per the preowned car dealer, Skoda ASS people were fraud because AAS people said, they might have advised the oil sump replacement by mistake! I finally cancelled the car as the insurance man & mechanics at SKODA AAS expressed their inability to rule out the possibility of oil sump replacement by the first owner outside to hide the history of damage & insurance claim ( from some other scrap car).
Also they said first servicing was carried out earlier than schedule bcoz the owner insisted for it due to excessive black smoke. .

So my impression is that you need to be suspicious & you need to keep the eyes wide open, just like fellow TAI ger AHC.

Anyways, @AHC, have you confirmed that this petrol car has got the oil meant for the petrol car only & not the oil which is meant for diesel car?
Or oil is same grade for both petrol & diesel engine?

Thread Starter #10

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member

@ manish - they don't use edge but castrol magnatic professional as mentioned in the bill. to be honest i dont know the difference but the price is different. really getting confused.

@ tornado -and i thought the 2nd hand dealers did this. in this scenario they are selling a normal car with just the bumper damage and you cancelled because of skoda. even the 2nd hand dealers will stop buying these cars.

and that's a good point you made. i didnt confirm this. and that's how helpful this community is [thumbsup] will surely ask my friend to call him and confirm. thanks a lot for the tip.

@ tornado -and i thought the 2nd hand dealers did this. in this scenario they are selling a normal car with just the bumper damage and you cancelled because of skoda. even the 2nd hand dealers will stop buying these cars. .
skodas said, what if the owner has replaced the oil sump outside so as to conceal accident Iinsurance. claim so as to avoid its entry in skoda records.

Top Bottom