Nissan India - Fradulant Company

Thread Starter #1
Update on my agony and torture with nissan
nobody should ever buy from this company.
We got yesterday a shocking call from nissan dealer[lakshmi nissan] saying that the third key procured from chennai also is not programmable.hence it will take another 5 to 6 days. Another major bomb he through it will cost me 1.3 lakhs for getting the new key and programming done, since they are not able rectify the issues they are having. Customer has to shell down the money for inefficiency of the nissan. Hence if you loose key for nissan car be ready to shell down 1.3 lakhs and be prepared to be without car for atleast 3 weeks. What a great company nissan. Hats off to you.
Then seeing the uploads on the media nissan woke up and its social media workers started calling us. They are asking what is the issue. They don't even verify with their dealer what is the issue. We may have called nissan around 70 times directly and still they have no mention about complaint and neither they responded. Now since the issue came into light in the media they are trying to contact us.
Earlier upload:
Don't buy nissan vehichles.
Worst service. They are reckless and irresponsible.
Never ever buy nissan vehicles !!!!
We lost our nissan micra key by our driver. Then our agony started. Car became totally dead. We called nissan emergency services and they gave us towing number. We called the towing person. Mind you nissan does not contact the towing person. We have to arrange from our side. Towing fellow says car has to be brought to the main road and then he will take the car. We call the emergency nissan, they conveniently tell call local dealer. Local dealer will send his person at his convenience to unlock the steering. Hence we cannot call towing person, since he will not able to take car to service center. The process started morning at 9 am and then ultimately car was brought on to the main road from our apartment complex at evening 6.30 pm. We had to do approximately 50 phone calls and waste whole day. Nissan emergency does not coordinate anything. Now another bomb was thrown by the nissan dealer. They have to order keys from chennai and it will take 6 days. Another bomb the two keys will cost you around rs. 22,000/= [its not typying error mind you, its twenty two thousand rupees] and wait for 1 week. We had to shell down to the towing fellow rs. 3000/=. So if you loose a key, nissan will make around rs. 22,000 from just keys. That's nissan. After 1 week they sent a key from chennai and that too which is not working. Hence they had to redo the process and we lost another 5 days. Our problem started on october 31st and still today we have not received our car, just because our driver lost a key. Its sheer torture which we are going through. These companies like nissan behave differantly in other countries and their behaviour is entirely differant in india. They know that consumer rules and rights are not taken care off. They can do anything with customers and fleece as much as possible. Fleece and as much as possible make money from spare parts in coercion with their dealers. But nissan crossed all limits

Last edited by a moderator:

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Mr Sarat, Hello. By reading your experience it shows how bad is the after sales scenario for car owners becoming day by day. No solution to queries, lazy attitude, cunning logic, charging adhoc charges all this paints a negative picture. Have you been in touch with them over mails or any written communication that you may have from their side? Please share.

Regards

Akash

Dr. Sarat, what all you had to go through was really pathetic. This shows the attitude and business-minded approach of dealers. These same companies are the top players in foriegn markets but don't care a bit about their Indian customers. Charging 22k for keys, and even 3k for towing, seems to be high to me (as a Maruti owner) and what justification did they give for the 1.3 Lac rupee expense? As Akash said, post the e-mails you have exchanged with them here and shoot a mail with the link of this thread to bring your agony to the notice to higher officials of Nissan. Post it in FB pages, blogs, reports and forums. I hope they will listen.

I know this is not a time for jokes, but couldn't control myself for this one - Going by their logic, I can see thieves going after car keys from now on and contacting Nissan owners for bribe, give me 1 Lac behind such-such place and take your Nissan keys! [lol]

Sorry to hear what happened to you, Sarat!!!

It's surprising to see how bad these dealers have gone over these years. Nissan is notorious for such practices all over India, and I can count many such instances which I read. But 1.3L for keys topped everything I've ever read about them!

Going by their logic, if I lost my key 3 times, which means I already ended up paying the car price? [frustration]. This was the major reason I backed off from choosing Micra over Xcent!! The deal was sweet and the car was ok, but it was the attitude and incidents like this, making people go far away from these kinda guys.

As others said, please shoot a mail to Nissan India, put it in FB for the whole world to see. Spread the word and don't stop until you get justice by bringing them down!!

@DR. SARAT.C.V.TALLUR
It is true that the keys can cost up to 14,000, but over a lakh is downright extortion. Please contact Nissan Chennai directly or try contacting some other Nissan dealer. Don't give in to this extortion.

This is really unfortunate and torture by Nissan.

Sir, have your tried other options. I understand the key is a transponder and works on electronic system. I remember one such instance in which one of my friends swift key was broken and he choose outside option than the suzuki. Suzuki was asking for approx 12k (if I remember correctly ) and from outside he got it done for 5k.

The person visited his place with his equipments and got the key prepared. Please check other options as well.

Don't you have the spare key?

Have you provided them with the key code?

Micra comes with start stop button and hence key is likely to cost more as compared to others,but 22k is way too high.

If they are asking for 1.3 L, it probably means they have lost the software codes & passwords stored in the system at the time of manufacturing the car, and they want to replace the lock, start stop button mechanism & wiring & everything related to it. And mefeels it is their fault & you need to be stubborn on this issue.
Get the things to be replaced by them in writing so as to gather material for the legal battle.

With the floods in chennai have brought the life at standstill, Nissan operations there must have been halted. Where the Micra is manufactured?

No! At any cost this is absurd.1.3 lacs? 22 K for a lost key ? Those keys are programmable by a person with little tech knowledge. You tube videos are there how to do the programming.I think the customer is being taken for a ride,which he came to know very late.

No updates!?

DR. SARAT.CV.TALLUR, we would like to know the current developments on this topic. Did you mail to Nissan or get a revert from Nissan for this issue?

MODS : Please correct the spelling of Fraudulent in the title.

Last edited:
DR. SARAT.C.V.TALLUR. Feeling really sorry for what you are going through with these guys. 1.3L for reprogramming the key [cry]
I'm a prospective buyer for Micra Active. I heard that Lakshmi Nissan are arrogant and not friendly. They do not even answer phone calls with pleasant tone. So my friend bought Sunny from other Nissan, and my experience with them is good so far. But I will try to find out the costs that they charge for your case. Did you tow your car to service center at Kukatpally or to Gachibowli Nissan?
I hope, as Auto_Pilot recommended, you are considering other alternates as well? I'm not sure if that may void warranty.

Is yours Micra top end model Diesel car?

For other members: (sorry if this seems off topic)
Please educate me on this concept of programming a key. Is it only for cars with Start/Stop button? Or normal low end models also come with the same mechanism.
What about other manufacturers? Anybody here have any such experience (or heard from friends) with other models? What would be the cost to get a duplicate key for a Maruti vehicle (say WagonR/Celerio. I'm considering the top end variants of these two, with airbag and ABS, to buy, if not Micra Active), any idea?

Even I lost my Fiat Linea Keys. I'm also from Hyderabad. I went to Fiat AV MOTORS Hyderabad they were very helpful. I Got Keys for 6000 with programming!!!!

Dr Sharath didn't you have second key?

http:// http://flipkeys.in

Try these guys. I have seen their videos on YouTube. They was programming few cars even landrover also. Maybe they can help you!!

How can they ask 1.3 lakhs? Even Engine doesn't cost that much!! They quoted 1.3 lakhs because they'll change whole electronic's,wiring,immobilezer!! I think they lost your car programming code in factory. Which is their fault!! Shoot emails and post this link on Facebook and media.

Top Bottom