NEXA Experience!! Joke? Disgust? Poor Experience at NEXA Gurgaon

Thread Starter #1
This is what we get to read on Maruti Suzuki Official webpage about their so called 'premium' dealerships canned 'NEXA':

NEXA.JPG

Source: Maruti Suzuki - Background Material NEXA for analysts

Reading this specific part again and again I get a gut feeling of the disgusting joke we have went through yesterday itself. In fact our experience was simply awesome and proved a saying by one of my friends specifically on NEXA; his words were "Bhai agar gadhe ko ghode ki jean pehna do toh woh ghoda nahi ban jata (If you put a Horses' saddle on a donkeys' back, that doesn't turn the donkey into a horse)" :biggrin:

No wonder NEXA is definitely the same situation; you can change the dress into a grey coat but how will you change the nonsense personality inside? These guys IMO have no regards for customer and Maruti Suzuki needs to understand this quite well, BTW even MSIL also doesn't seem to bother even a number of customers until it's a 3 digit number I guess.

Dealership:
NEXA Gurgaon
PASCO AUTOMOBILES
Ground Floor, Platina Tower, Opp. Bristol Hotel
M.G. Road, Gurgaon
email: scross@pasco.in
Contact no. +91 9711290001/2

What this dealership has?
1) An empty chair to answer customer inquiries
2) Relationship managers; ya that's Marutis' unique way of addressing nonsense sales guys who don't even know how to make relationships
3) People roaming freely with no one addressing them. I ate 4 kaccha aam toffies and spent half hour inside unattended
4) Heck, even toffies are also low cost ones. Couldn't they put melody there? [;)]

What Happened?
First of all, we happened to be serious buyers looking for a S Cross 1.6. Yes, you read that right - S Cross 1.6; the sales dud that Maruti is selling at a discount of 1.5 lac now.

We entered the dealership and were welcomed by this empty reception which remained empty for the entire duration of our stay inside the dealership:
Nexa1.JPG
NEXA3.JPG

We simply went in and stood near this desk expecting for someone to at least bother to have a look at we idiots and why are we wasting our time there eating those 'kaccha aam' toffies.

So what saarji? We Maruti people are like that only.. our buyer buys only from us, no matter how idiot we are...

Now after 10 minutes of waiting, what the scene exactly is:
  • I am looking around at the ignorant sales guys.. sorry..relationship managers roaming around.
  • There are three relationship managers busy making relationship with a single customer in front of me. They stand up, look at us and get in their back office.
  • There are 2-3 relationship managers outside. Some enjoying the sun, some talking on phone and some were even confused over what to do.
  • Two people came to desk, inquired if anyone will attend them, one of them left instantly laughing over Maruti and one picked up 4-5 toffies and left fuming.

Now what? Ehh.. Enter the relationship manager called 'Mr. Simran Jeet'.

Ya, after more than 10 minutes of waiting; this young, tall and fair gentleman happens to pass in front of me and I stopped him and the conversation went this way:
Me: Isn't there anyone to attend customers?
Simran: I am busy and all RMs are busy
Me: Three are attending one customer, some are outside and you are telling me this.
Simran: Ring the bell there on table..

He pushed a button twice and when nothing happened... Mr. Simranjeet also left, leaving me fuming over his arrogant attitude and this sheer ignorance.

Now I decided to call NEXA helpline because neither the empty chair was helping me nor was any relationship manager was interested in relating to us. And made the good 17 minutes long call to NEXA helpline, attached screenshot from my phone stating number and call duration:
Screenshot_2015-12-02-13-15-48.png

Even the girl at other end of the helpline was also surprised after 10 minutes were passed and on the phone itself and I was still roaming around inside the dealer completely ignored, shouting on phone and fuming.

At the end, she guided me to directly meet the manager and raise my concern and I did the same. Following her instructions, I entered the back office searching for Manager just to find out some NEXA relationship managers relaxing there after they were tired resting outside. This was the scene inside back office where the ignorance adda runs:
NEXA2.JPG

At the back office I found Mr. Anand who was equally ignorant about what is happening outside and was busy guiding something to some sub ordinate of his. I raised my concern and EUREKA... all of a sudden the NEXA guys were having time for me. There was me sitting on a sofa shouting on the manager, one relationship manager (joke?) standing behind him and Mr. Simranjeet sitting next to his manager. With manager telling him that he could have told someone else to assist us and then offered to show us the car himself which we simply denied and left the place in no time fuming and put off by the poor experience.

In the mean time, what happened:
  • Mr. Simranjeet came from outside and went straight inside back office ignoring us, he hadn't even paid heed if we were there inside the dealership for inquiring something.
  • I asked the name of Mr. Simran to an another RM(joke?) after the girl over NEXA helpline asked the same and the RM blatantly said "I am handling a customer".
  • We spent around half hour inside the dealership completely unattended despite of having half of the staff resting inside in the back office.

Tweeted my experience to NEXA and still no response - Typical Maruti!!
Mailing my concern to Maruti officials now without any hope though..
Amazingly, even the NEXA twitter id is also stuffed with the tweets from customers complaining of pathetic service, complete ignorance and what not.

Anyone else got such a wonderful NEXA experience?

Thread Starter #2
Guys here is a snap from the NEXA Twitter page and if you click any of the complains against which these NEXA guys have tweeted; the complain is same in majority of cases; "NEXA people either ignoring or pathetic service"
twitter.JPG

^^ You are gonna buy SCross after Polo? Anyways, as you said, it is some sad state how big words go down so quick. When NEXA was first advertised as premium(Not kidding!) showroom, I was excited. For once, I thought MSIL is going to change something. But after chasing them to get TD of SCross and Baleno, I forget NEXA exists. For me, it is typical Maruti and no amount of advertisement can pull this off, until they show some interest in selling cars. I wish Baleno also should become market dud only to teach MSIL some lesson!!!

Akash1886

Honoured Member
You are gonna buy SCross after Polo? Anyways, as you said, it is some sad state how big words go down so quick. When NEXA was first advertised as premium(Not kidding!) showroom, I was excited. For once, I thought MSIL is going to change something. But after chasing them to get TD of SCross and Baleno, I forget NEXA exists. For me, it is typical Maruti and no amount of advertisement can pull this off, until they show some interest in selling cars. I wish Baleno also should become market dud only to teach MSIL some lesson!!!
FD, he isn't going for S-Cross, he was there with a friend/relative who was looking for the same. I have rather closely observed the NEXA experience here in Noida and let me tell you, the breed of executives in NEXA and regular MSIL showroom is same. There is a saying, A Donkey never becomes a Horse even if he bathes with Hamam soap. Same way, irrespective of their polished attire, the attitude of the executives is still the same in general. When I went to TD Baleno at my uncle's last time, it was morning time, the counter was empty but within 10 minutes a representative came and sat on the seat to show his face though. I have told Vipul, since NEXA hasn't come out with a sure shot resolution in regards to customer service, so it is unlikely that he'll get a revert soon. He has been contacted though but till now no real solution reached. #HopelessPremiumExperience.

Regards

Akash

FD, he isn't going for S-Cross, he was there with a friend/relative who was looking for the same.
I was kidding bro!! [frustration]
I have rather closely observed the NEXA experience here in Noida and let me tell you, the breed of executives in NEXA and regular MSIL showroom is same. There is a saying, A Donkey never becomes a Horse even if he bathes with Hamam soap. Same way, irrespective of their polished attire, the attitude of the executives is still the same in general. When I went to TD Baleno at my uncle's last time, it was morning time, the counter was empty but within 10 minutes a representative came and sat on the seat to show his face though. I have told Vipul, since NEXA hasn't come out with a sure shot resolution in regards to customer service, so it is unlikely that he'll get a revert soon. He has been contacted though but till now no real solution reached. #HopelessPremiumExperience.

Regards

Akash
Well said. They need to hire some better CR executives for better experience!!

Thread Starter #7
Is this a premium offering ?

If the sales team is like this, so how can be the service team. Can be even worst too.
Actually their after sales will be via same Maruti dealers and hence the overall A.S.S. costs and experience will be more or less same as Maruti A.S.S.
Rest for a person like me who doesn't sit in lounge and spends his time with his car in the A.S.S., this won't be an issue. But yes, Maruti A.S.S. guys have never been able to keep me happy or impressed because they are always in a bit of hurry as there is always a long line of car waiting for being attended and hence they can't answer any of your questions with patience.

In other words, premium service for me is when the SA has enough time to keep me satisfied with all my queries and not a super luxurious lounge to sit and relax; that's boring you know!

^^ You are gonna buy SCross after Polo?
Now it will be a GT coming. Last day I booked a GT in my circle (It will be my decision only on what car to buy) but had a thought of looking at S Cross 1.6 if I can get a good deal. But put aside the deal, it was such a put off that I haven't bothered to even check the car for once.

Anyways, as you said, it is some sad state how big words go down so quick. When NEXA was first advertised as premium(Not kidding!) showroom, I was excited. For once, I thought MSIL is going to change something. But after chasing them to get TD of SCross and Baleno, I forget NEXA exists. For me, it is typical Maruti and no amount of advertisement can pull this off, until they show some interest in selling cars. I wish Baleno also should become market dud only to teach MSIL some lesson!!!
Sirji these guys can't improve. At the time of S Cross launch, they were 15 lac car sellers and since the customer base was small so they had time and welcoming attitude. Now they are also selling a 5-6 lac car and hence they have got back into their olden days and started treating the customers even worse.[frustration]

FD, he isn't going for S-Cross, he was there with a friend/relative who was looking for the same. I have rather closely observed the NEXA experience here in Noida and let me tell you, the breed of executives in NEXA and regular MSIL showroom is same. There is a saying, A Donkey never becomes a Horse even if he bathes with Hamam soap. Same way, irrespective of their polished attire, the attitude of the executives is still the same in general. When I went to TD Baleno at my uncle's last time, it was morning time, the counter was empty but within 10 minutes a representative came and sat on the seat to show his face though. I have told Vipul, since NEXA hasn't come out with a sure shot resolution in regards to customer service, so it is unlikely that he'll get a revert soon. He has been contacted though but till now no real solution reached. #HopelessPremiumExperience.

Regards

Akash
Sirji amazingly every single word said by you a month or two back over the phone was proven right. Reporter saab, you even guessed this 100% right. "Gadha and Ghoda (Donkey and Horse) point perfectly fits here. :biggrin:

In fact I am also not expecting MSIL taking any step in this direction; why will they even bother when people are queuing up to get their hands on the offering from Maruti. I must say that Mahindra is the only Indian brand which is truly customer focused and actually listen to its customer. I have seen then evolving from Armada days to current XUV and they are the ones which will be on my radar next. Be it sales or service experience, if I have to classify anyone near the Toyota service experience then it will be Mahindra.

Well said. They need to hire some better CR executives for better experience!!
They need to change their attitude towards customers. Till the day these guys consider themselves small car manufacturers and their customers as small car buyers, they and their attitude won't change.

Last edited:
To be frank, I am not surprised at all. They are actually habituated to budget buyers.

I always say give less than 10L rupees to Toyota, they will mess it up & give them more than 10 L rupees and they will create gold out of it. This is exactly vice versa in case of MSIL.

First MSIL dealers find out the budget of the custemer and then stick to it. They show cars in that budget and stick to it, if customer wants to see a car above the budget told, they won't move from their place and would tell the cost of the car and watch customer loosing intrest in the car and return to the car which they had shown earlier. Also, they try to sell the middle or Base variant saying that top variants come with airbags and they are hardly required in Indian conditions as we don't drive that fast,. And on road also we get to see more mid variants than the topend(more VDI /VXI than ZDI /ZXI) however they are very good at heart (atleast pretend) & friendly.
This was my experience during purchase of Wagon R s in 2004,and then in 2009 at Pune. I remember the SE was not knowing meaning of upholstery, meaning of BS 3 /BS 4 etc. Also, my friend was denied preregistration PDI of his SX4 vehemently .

Now, if same SE s who were selling cars in this way, all of sudden made to praise the car for safety at NEXA, it would be difficult to break the long standing bad habit for them. Looking at the sales figures of Swift, Dezire alto, 800 etc, one thing is clear that they don't have a habit of trying very hard to sell the cars this is coupled with Scross being a market dud.

Most of the customers of MSIL routine showrooms are first timers hence get carried away with the SE. But those customers visiting NEXA expect knowledge, courtesy, timely & professional approach rather than friendly approach and are bit more experienced on car purchase front.

I am not surprised that a knowledge laden & enthusiastic chap like TSIV gets disappointed at NEXA, but if a Maruti loyalist or first timer goes there, he might not feel too much frustrated.

Moreover, MSIL have not setup NMAASS(NEXA MASS) and NEXA cars are also going get repaired at usual MASS. So for me NEXA is just a gimmick.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #9
To be frank, I am not surprised at all. They are actually habituated to budget buyers.
Indeed, they are habitual of not valuing their customers to negligibly low level or not at all. Their sales guys are always like "Sirji that is the car, you can go and see".

I always say give less than 10L rupees to Toyota, they will mess it up & give them more than 10 L rupees and they will create gold out of it. This is exactly vice versa in case of MSIL.
What about the Hyundai? The brand which is quickly catching up and their sales people most of the times have customer dealing sense. At least they know how to value a customer, no matter if the customer is buying an Eon worth 3 lac or a Santa Fe worth 30.

First MSIL dealers find out the budget of the custemer and then stick to it. They show cars in that budget and stick to it, if customer wants to see a car above the budget told, they won't move from their place and would tell the cost of the car and watch customer loosing intrest in the car and return to the car which they had shown earlier. Also, they try to sell the middle or Base variant saying that top variants come with airbags and they are hardly required in Indian conditions as we don't drive that fast,. And on road also we get to see more mid variants than the topend(more VDI /VXI than ZDI /ZXI) however they are very good at heart (atleast pretend) & friendly.
Indeed, these guys are now habitual of being rigid and recommending the customer what they think best but not what customer may be interested in. Poor training?

This was my experience during purchase of Wagon R s in 2004,and then in 2009 at Pune. I remember the SE was not knowing meaning of upholstery, meaning of BS 3 /BS 4 etc. Also, my friend was denied preregistration PDI of his SX4 vehemently .
I once saw an SE saying "This car has luxury of ABS and Airbags too".

Now, if same SE s who were selling cars in this way, all of sudden made to praise the car for safety at NEXA, it would be difficult to break the long standing bad habit for them. Looking at the sales figures of Swift, Dezire alto, 800 etc, one thing is clear that they don't have a habit of trying very hard to sell the cars this is coupled with Scross being a market dud.
Exactly, these people or Relationship Managers (Joke?) don't even have a sense of how to make a relation with a customer. C'mon man, there are many people who like to interact with their sales exec like a friend and expect their SE to be honest, friendly and pro active over everything (I am habitual of dealing with such people) but these guys are like "we are selling a Maruti, even if this customer goes then also many will come.. why to bother?"

Most of the customers of MSIL routine showrooms are first timers hence get carried away with the SE. But those customers visiting NEXA expect knowledge, courtesy, timely & professional approach rather than friendly approach and are bit more experienced on car purchase front.
Sirji first timers are more put off by such experiences. First timers always expect to have a special car buying experience because they are spending their hard earned money on their fancy set of wheels. These buyers have a lot of questions and doubts meant to be cleared which requires the SE to be available, tolerating and of course very patient.. something which these NEXA guys are not at all.

I am not surprised that a knowledge laden & enthusiastic chap like TSIV gets disappointed at NEXA, but if a Maruti loyalist or first timer goes there, he might not feel too much frustrated.
Indeed, maybe because I expected them to treat me like I am giving them my money and getting their product but they instead seem to have an attitude of "we are giving him the car and that's more than enough for him to pay the money".
In fact, will you tolerate this attitude sirji?

Moreover, MSIL have not setup NMAASS(NEXA MASS) and NEXA cars are also going get repaired at usual MASS. So for me NEXA is just a gimmick.
NEXA was quite good during initial days but now they are back to their original self. Gimmicky attitude ended very soon though.

BTW unexpected happened:
MSIL which doesn't seem to value customers has got some junior level managers looking into the matter (Fact is that none of their managers bother to reply... C'mon man, they are selling Maruti cars and hence can be idiotic over anything) and these are two mails I got. One from NEXA dealer and one from some CRM department of theirs:
NEXA1.JPG

NEXA2.JPG

Was never a fan of MSIL but their numbers do amaze me [surprise].
Thankfully for our first car purchase i was determined that it wouldn't be a maruti.
Today came across an article about a crashed baleno where only one passenger survived only to succumb to injuries on it's way to hospital.For a premium car(tag) waiting for it's NCAP ratings with these reports doesn't seem NEXA heading anywhere.

Actually most of the MSIL cars are made for the cost & the buying experience for these car is usually compatible with the cost.
Being high selling cars, flaws in the sales experience gets camouflaged due to same. MSIL 's own follow up of customer care(which you also came across) also helps them staying covered.

If customer is too questioning or fussy, the dealer prefers to dispose of or stay away from the particular customer . If a customer exposes their car or the knowledge of the staff in presence of other customers ,they give excuses such as. 'manager is out of station' , 'an email is sent to MSIL',' I Will let you know once I get to talk with manager or MSIL'., 'sir. Maruti sales best cars & Maruti car is best seller' etc.

It is after long time they have came across a market dud despite being a good product and are getting exposed.

Anyways, till MSIL themselves keep meticulous follow up of the custemers concerns, they don't have anything to worry.

Poor, that is all I can say about Nexa.

I am wondering what Nexa means. They should have named it NEXT. Whoever goes to have a look at their World's Best Most Innovative creation is given 2 minutes. After 2 minutes NEXT please.

Hmm. I did multiple calls to a local "NEXA" dealership and nobody picked up.The number given was a mobile number and no call was returned from their side.I did then a web enquiry.Nothing happened. So there goes the nexa sale experience.Now coming back to service side,don't be in a dream that there is going to be a super luxury service centre.There are no Nexa service centres,it is the same age old maruti service centres who are going to service these so called 'premium' cars.

I pass by a Nexa showroom everyday. Its parking area touches the busy road at East of Kailash in Delhi. All it takes would be one mistake on the part of an autowalla to dent the new cars waiting for ownership. People driving out with their brand new cars from this Nexa showroom have a higher chance of getting into a lot of inconvenience. I have been here once to check out the Baleno. It was chaotic, far from the 'premium' ads they had run on teevee. It appears that Nexa is a lot like SBI when the bank ran new ad campaigns to target urban areas. But products and services remained the same. Walk into any SBI and it's still the plain ol' SBI.

Nexa-in my head was a bad step taken by MSIL as it shows that the cars like swift, ciaz and others are not premium? Or the customers are not?

I remember the reply from Hyundai when asked any comments on Nexa introduction(read somewhere) that all the customers are premium and important to us and our sales team treat them Exactly the way it should be(read premium). They are already well trained and the showrooms are already up to the mark.[

MSIL-NEXA [lol]

Top Bottom