Visit To Lamborghini Delhi: My Story

Thread Starter #1

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Buddies,

Today I am going to tell you all about a brand that needs no introduction, Lamborghini. It is a dream of every true blue automotive enthusiast to experience the sheer beauty of these cars at least once. My story dates back to February 1st week, 2015. I had just recovered from a severe attack of viral fever and just as I felt well enough to leave the bed and move out, I went to see Lamborghini at the Delhi dealership. Upon reaching there, I was told to go back as no one was available and come again later. After 15 days, I went again and was promised to be reverted by their management in the dealership after I showed them our forum and requested them to allow me just two pics of the cars that were standing there at that time. I was refused the permission to do so sighting protocols. I humbly accepted and sent a formal mail to the gentleman there requesting for approval but till this day no communication was received by me. As an enthusiast friendly brand, Lamborghini certainly takes good care of all but I feel, maybe, I wasn't eligible or capable to have even just 2 pics of the cars there. I promised to myself, that one fine day, I will click the Lamborghini for sure after all whether its Lamborghini or any other automotive brand, their aim is to be friendly and welcoming towards the people and treat every customer and even enthusiasts with same passion. Now, to fulfill my aim, I got to know that Lamborghini LP 580-2 was being launched at B.I.C, Greater Noida recently. I got to know about it on last to last Friday evening. Next day itself I went to BIC so that I can see the car in flesh. Upon reaching, I stopped for the entry pass and was told, Saturday and Sunday is only for Guests and Prospective Clients so the media/general visitors are not allowed for today. After much talking and waiting, I returned with empty hands. I spoke to the managing team who took care of this event but even their best efforts did not materialize and their was no positive revert to me due to the very strict protocols of Lamborghini even for public events so what I got was a simple reply "We are trying" and finally "It is not possible". I still did not feel bad, as I understand perfectly that owning a Lamborghini in India is not every one's cup of tea but denying an enthusiast to even click a single pic is something I felt that's too much on the part of a otherwise very friendly automotive brand. Moving on, as each day passed, I had my aim still very much alive and while coming back home today, I stopped at the dealership and called their security person and told him everything and showed the card of the executive whom I had met in February 2015 there. To my horror, the gentleman had departed to heaven some months back in a tragic accident[cry]. I told the security person to get me to speak with any other person there so I met yet another humble guy and I requested him to allow me to click just one picture each of the available cars. He said, it is not possible and max you can do is, click pics from outside without coming in. I accepted his view and did take some pics from outside. Maybe, today my aim hasn't been fulfilled fully but i'll keep trying and with the support of our forum and all of you, I hope, Lamborghini India, finds me suitable/capable enough to let me represent myself at their events in future and further make our forum proud. Below are some pics taken from outside the showroom today.

20151130_134409.jpg

20151130_133855.jpg

20151130_133825.jpg

20151130_133833.jpg

20151130_133846.jpg

20151130_133816.jpg

Some pics of the Lamborghini LP 580-2 sent to me by the gentleman today from Lamborghini dealership. Thanks to you my friend for being so kind enough.

IMG-20151130-WA0000.jpg

IMG-20151130-WA0006.jpg

IMG-20151130-WA0005.jpg

IMG-20151130-WA0009.jpg

A pic of yet another awesome Blue Lamborghini sent by this gentleman to me. It is from Lamborghini Mumbai

IMG-20151130-WA0001.jpg

After today's experience, I well realized one thing i.e no matter how difficult a certain aim is to achieve but no-one should ever give up. I do wish that someday I'll be standing next to a Lamborghini in a pic and will make all of you proud. Till then, My journey of automotive passion, goes on!!

Regards

Akash

Wow Akash you were really persistent in getting the pics & you managed it in the end so congratulations :) , but i dont blame Lamborghini they must have alot of people hounding them.

I remember an incident here in Bangalore with my friends. They went to the Aventador launch. My friend had invite for 2 people but he came with 4 as his other friends really wanted to come :) . And they were capable to buy it i feel but still they had to sneak in through the back by taking permission.

So being hounded like this they get very defensive as these display cars are usually sold & maybe future customers dont appreciate people sitting inside or next to it posing pics & posting it on fb etc.

I wonder if the Hurracan has the pedal position issue sorted out over its predecessor. Before i hear in rhd models the accelerator was placed center where we usually have brakes as wheel arch would intrude in the Gallardo.

I just love the v10 engine howl its unmatchable, gives you Goosebumps!! That blue Hurracan looks gorgeous!
And yes i know how people aspire these cars! When i drive past Lambo showroom here in Bangalore they have people just standing & staring at the display car at night!!! In comparison no one bothers with the Porsche showroom up the street :)

Thread Starter #4

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Exactly , well done
Thanks, need your support for further efforts too.[:)]

Congrats Akash, on your success and not giving up. Keep this spirit and nothing is impossible for you.
It is simply the love for cars that drives us enthusiasts. I am no different for you all buddies. We can achieve our aims just if we pursue them with our efforts.

Wow Akash you were really persistent in getting the pics & you managed it in the end so congratulations :)
So being hounded like this they get very defensive as these display cars are usually sold & maybe future customers dont appreciate people sitting inside or next to it posing pics & posting it on fb etc.
Buddy thanks for the appreciation. With my interactions and experience with number of home and international automotive brands, I can say every one has been extremely warm and welcoming towards me by god's grace. As for Lamborghini, I respect their cars like each enthusiast. And honestly, If I ever get a chance to click them up-close, I would not sit in it and click it at least from 5 feet distance so that not even my fingers touch the paint/surface of these cars. And I am sure some day, it will happen and will happen for sure.

Regards

Akash

Thread Starter #7

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Hey Akash, nice photos and write up as well. As you rightly said that love for cars drives us enthusiasts. Last week i saw something different in mall parking hence gone close and swiftly clicked this photo in post # 255 of following thread
RK, that's not a Lamborghini buddy, its the AVANTI.[:)]

Regards

Akash

Is it? My bad. This is what happens when you don't have habit of spotting Avanti on roads [lol]
Lol reminds me of an incident ,its a bit OT but what heck will mention it.

I had a friend who had a highend line up of cars,so people who were aware would usually walk up to him & talk about cars,including hmmm girls at parties.

So it happened that a bunch of girls he met started bragging about that one guy they know has a Ferrari etc etc & was trying to make my friend look like a loser (i assume).

So my curious friend got the name of the guy etc & let the girls play ur nothing i know Bill Gates talk.

A few days later my friend got to know about the Ferrari the girls bragged about! It was an old Toyota Sera with a Ferrari sticker [lol]

Thread Starter #10

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Sure , Next time when you will get a chance to drive it , please please call me
For sure buddy. If you ever happen to visit Delhi, just let me know. TD of Lamborghini though seems a "bit far-fetched"[lol] but as its said "Never say Never". If there happens to be an event or anything I will update here for sure and you may plan accordingly.

Regards

Akash

For sure buddy. If you ever happen to visit Delhi, just let me know. TD of Lamborghini though seems a "bit far-fetched"[lol] but as its said "Never say Never". If there happens to be an event or anything I will update here for sure and you may plan accordingly.

Regards

Akash
Hi Akash , I am confused RE you saying you were NOT ALLOWED inside the showroom ?? I can understand and accept if clicking the cars are not allowed but I dont think any showroom or a retail set up deny admission to anyone as per the law .I ad in the past visited showrooms to spend time with top brands like ferrari and Lamborghini in Europe and Far east .

On behalf of the enthusiasts you need to scale this up .

Thread Starter #12

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Hi Akash , I am confused RE you saying you were NOT ALLOWED inside the showroom ?? I can understand and accept if clicking the cars are not allowed but I dont think any showroom or a retail set up deny admission to anyone as per the law .I ad in the past visited showrooms to spend time with top brands like ferrari and Lamborghini in Europe and Far east .

On behalf of the enthusiasts you need to scale this up .
Andy, hi, The sequence was like, 1st time when I went to them I was told to go back as no one was there to attend after I was made to wait for 20 mins at their gate. Second time, after waiting for 15 minutes at their gate, I was called inside and I spoke to their management in Dealership, they told me to send across the mail stating my intention and what entity do I represent as I showed them our forum page. They told, they'll revert back but even after sending the formal mail to their executive in Dealerhip and waiting for approx 9 months, I was never reverted back. I believe, even if they had to deny me, they could have marked a one-line message/mail this is a professional protocol/ethics. Now, I got to know that new Lamborghini LP 580-2 had been launched at BIC, Greater Noida so I went to check that out as it was a public event but while taking entry pass I was told, general visitors/media is not allowed now and the weekend i.e Saturday and Sunday are reserved for guests/prospective clients. Their marketing team present there also could not do anything and I came back without any success. The response by the marketing team was negative as Lamborghini has very strict protocol for even public events and the media which shall cover it. Then finally, I was returning from an event recently and saw the dealership, so with the hope of success I stopped there. First I informed the security guard who told me of the demise of the executive with whom I had interacted in Feb-2015. After that I met another person, who told pics of these cars are strictly not allowed as per protocol, I told its ok and he said maximum is that you may click from outside and you can't come inside for pics. I clicked from outside as you may see. He shared some pics of the recently launched Lamborghini as well which I posted. So, this is the brief of my experience with Lamborghini Delhi.[:)]

I'll tell you, every week, 3-4 days of mine are spent in between different dealerships/cars/automotive events. I have so far interacted with many premium brands like Maserati, BMW, Mini Cooper, Mercedes Benz, Rolls Royce, JLR, Audi, Ferrari, Porsche et al and honestly, all these people have been really welcoming and warm and respectful towards me and my enthusiasm. Each of the mentioned brand has given so much of help in this respect to me. I don't think any of these brands are less than Lamborghini. My Point is, any automotive brand should be highly accommodating towards a automotive enthusiast. Profiling an enthusiast is never a good idea. Lamborghini as a brand is very high on profiling. I simply go by the fact that, for knowing a car, you actually don't need to own it. I am like those people who'll stand atleast 4-5 feet away from such cars so as to be sure that in no ways my fingers or clothes even touch it.

Here is the mail which I had sent to the Delhi Lamborghini Dealership upon their requirement of the same earlier this year.

Akash Srivastava <------>

to p.k
Dear Mr. P,

Please refer to our meeting held today at your dealership in Mathura Road with regards to clicking the pics of the Lamborghini cars there. As suggested from your end, I am marking a formal email to you to provide us the permission to go-ahead and click the pictures.

As mentioned by me in the meeting today, I am associated with one of the leading automotive forum of India i.e The Automotive India. The forum has been serving the Indian as well as International automotive enthusiasts and information seekers for more than 6 years. We have a strong member base of more than 15,000 members in our forum and very actively participate in discussions with regards to automobiles.

Lamborghini being a highly reputed brand and extremely appreciated one worldwide, It would be an honor for us to be able to provide first hand pics of the Lamborghini cars through our forum to our wide audience. As I also informed in today's meeting, I do not want to know the prices of the Lamborghini cars and also do not require any information which needs to be with-held as per your official protocols. All I need is the pics of the cars for the Forum for display purpose only.

For your ready reference here is a link to the forum: The Automotive India – Car and Bike Forums

For any information please feel free to get in touch with me at ------

Looking forward for a early and positive response from your end.

Best Regards

Akash Srivastav.
This mail was never replied back. Also you may see for yourself the business card of the executive who unfortunately is now no more. The only reason for me to share these details is that to make Lamborghini aware that not every enthusiast is fake. Not every person who comes to your dealership is fake. Profiling your client is good practice but no automotive brand should ever profile an enthusiast. That is my only humble request.

20151208_154127.jpg

See buddy, frankly my own resources might never allow me a Lamborghini atleast in this life, I'll have to be happy with an S-350 OTR only if ever I plan for a purchase at high end but that does not mean I can't check out Lamborghini for enthusiastic purpose and can't have just 2-3 pics even. Maybe someday, I'll be standing next to Lamborghini for a Photo-Op.[:D]

Regards

Akash

Top Bottom