This is my first hand experience with the said dealer, read and have fun
Before we start, a couple of points to mention:
What I believe:
- Dealer in question: Orchid Ford, Meerut
- What's Wrong: Read on to find out
- Bad dealers = Bad Reputation = Brand goes down
- Good dealers = More number of satisfied customers = brand reputation builds up
A subsidiary of the Ford Motor Company which carries out operations in India. Headed by Mr. Nigel Harris now. What they are doing these days?
They are working really hard to bring their reputation up in terms of sales and service. This is evident from listening to their management speak to customers as well as the way their A.S.S. is going ahead these days.
BUT "No matter how good the management is or what they are doing for the betterment, if the dealers are not willing to leave their foul practices; the company suffers"
ALSO "If dealer is trying to charge the customer as much as possible even before the delivery, what do you think he will do when the vehicle returns back for servicing?"
One more ALSO What and how to do when the dealer is unable to give any kind of explanation of their policies as well as the money they are charging for anything? Who I am?
A customer who don't believe in paying anything illegal, extra or unjustified. Trust me, even my GF also hasn't been to a date with me since months What's the Issue?
Three Ford dealers and all three have different prices for temporary registration and essential kit. The dealer in question has the highest prices (more than thrice for temporary registration and around INR 800 more for essential kit). Read on for the complete story.
Dealer 1. HARPREET FORD, GURGAON
Quotations attached: What I discovered?
- Insurance price is well acceptable for the one they are offering and nothing to complain.
- Essential kit price INR 3200 and the inclusions are highlighted in second pic above
- Temporary registration charges of INR 1100, although high but is acceptable after comparing with what other brand dealers are offering.
Overall a good reputed dealer with few or no foul practices.
Dealer 2. BHAGAT FORD, DEHRADUN
Quotations Attached: What I discovered?
- Insurance price high but inclusions are much. Checked with the insurer and found the price to be acceptable even if a bit high. Also the dealer willing to match the insurance quote for the same plan with what is available outside. Brilliant!
- Essential kit price and inclusions same as Harpreet Ford (although INR 50 more, but they left it in no time)
- Temporary registration charges of INR 100, simple awesome.
Overall a good and reputed dealer with few or no foul practices
Dealer 3. ORCHID FORD, MEERUT
Quotations Attached: What I discovered?
Insurance price lowest and nearly identical to Harpreet Ford for the same insurance plan. Brilliant!
Essential kit priced highest and the items are also lesser. Check the last pic attached above. Temporary registration charges of INR 3500
, completely irrelevant and unjustifiable.
Now listen to what their sales manager has to say:
ME: When other dealers are charging 3200 for essential kit, why you charging so high?
HE: Sir we give a tissue box too.
ME: Both others giving, check their quotes.
HE: Sir state taxes etc.
HE: Sir state to state taxes. You have got handling charges waived off, talk to Ford or our director only. If they say, I can give you the car for free. Super frustrated I was and then another one.
ME: Temporary charges the Maruti dealer charging here are 1300, why you charging 3500?
HE: Sir our policies, can't disclose. We are already taking loss in handling charges, we can't reduce this.
ME: Those are illegal.
HE: Those aren't.
ME: Those aren't legal either. The Maruti dealer here isn't charging them.
HE: I came from Maruti only ,they may have hidden it.
ME: But these are not justifiable.
HE: Sir you can talk to Ford. The receipt will be of hardly INR 500/600 but we have to pay to dalal (broker) and we give it to you here in dealership. Me frustrated again over all the explanations which couldn't explain anything. No wonder, this guy has been a Maruti sales guy, hence he don't even know what and how the explanations are supposed to be. Now tell me guys what do you think about this one?
I hope I have made your day this time. I request members to please update what the dealers at their places do charge and how are they justifying the same
. No wonder, if Ford is trying to come up, these dealers won't let them come up easily.