Chevrolet: No Customer Complain Redressals

Thread Starter #1
This is to bring to your kind notice that I purchased Sail Sedan
Petrol Base model from ARAVALI AUTO, Gurgaon dated 5th of April’15.
After duly purchase of the car on 1st servicing dated 25th April’15 I
came to know that the car is of 2014 model (unknowingly revealed by
service person). During the entre sales process I was not aware that I
had been sold 2014 model. In fact on receiving RC its found that car is of September 2014 make. On complaining same to Dealership's GM-sales he blatantly denied to listen and rudely denied to even accept my complain application.
The biggest Pain is that even after registering the complain at Chevrolet India (Ref No. 41967945), even after 2 months there has not been any call or redressal from the Company or dealership end as yet.
As a forum member I request all members to be wary about such insensitive and non customer centric company and its dealerships for any business.

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Re: Chevrolet- No customer complain Redressals

This is to bring to your kind notice that I purchased Sail Sedan
Petrol Base model from ARAVALI AUTO, Gurgaon dated 5th of April’15.
After duly purchase of the car on 1st servicing dated 25th April’15 I
came to know that the car is of 2014 model (unknowingly revealed by
service person). During the entre sales process I was not aware that I
had been sold 2014 model. In fact on receiving RC its found that car is of September 2014 make. On complaining same to Dealership's GM-sales he blatantly denied to listen and rudely denied to even accept my complain application.
The biggest Pain is that even after registering the complain at Chevrolet India (Ref No. 41967945), even after 2 months there has not been any call or redressal from the Company or dealership end as yet.
As a forum member I request all members to be wary about such insensitive and non customer centric company and its dealerships for any business.
Dear Shashank,

Have read your concern. Firstly, its sad that an owner has had such an experience with the new car. Now, Prior to buying a new car, it is always recommended to get the VIN number de-coded as to be clear of the manufacturing month/year of the car. Probably you were not aware of it. Secondly, Expecting the SA to be honest about the car and that too in a brand like Chevrolet, it is a far fetched idea. I have had 1st hand experience of their non-ethical behavior. Now, referring to your interaction with their executive, under any circumstance, rude behavior is not acceptable. Having said that, it was to be kept in mind, Chevrolet cars are slow movers in comparison to other reliable brands in India. So, in all likely-hood, to get rid of inventory, you were provided with a 7 month old car. By the way, if I may ask, at the time of delivery, did you check the ODO meter of the car i.e how many Kms it had that time? Did you find any apparent signs of wear and tear at the time of delivery? I am asking you because, it could be possible you might have been given a TD vehicle after cleaning and polishing as well.

Now, Couple of details I would suggest you to post in regards to your interaction so far with Chevorlet Brand and their Indian Chapter.

* Car Purchase Invoice.

* Snap of the VIN number.

* Full Detail of Dealer.

* Your Email/Message to the concerned department of Chevrolet along with the name of Executive you spoke to.

On the other hand, do not expect the revert from Chevrolet so soon. If I know correctly, General Motors has their office in Sector 32 Gurgaon. Since you too are in Gurgaon, reach out to them and have face to face interaction and let us know.

Regards

Akash

Last edited:
Re: Chevrolet- No customer complain Redressals

Really sad to see a new car owner (buying a new car for peace of mind) facing such a situation. Why didn't you check the VIN and decode it before taking the delivery? How much kms were already covered when you got the delivery? Did you do a PDI? Did you find anything wrong during the PDI?

Actually now you can't do much as you must have checked the mfg. date at the time of purchase, which most buyers forget due to the excitement and happiness of getting a new car. If they can't help of this topic, rude behaviour and lack of interest in the problems of an owner is not at all acceptable. You should raise this topic to Facebook pages and other social media platforms to create awareness among the people. Any way, a 7/8 month old car is not THAT bad if beadings, plastics, interior panels, tyres and paint is in good condition, provided that you should have been told beforehand by the dealer. You could have got good discounts also on that old stock car. You can claim for some compensation or replacement of the car if you are having any problems with it or if you suspect it to be a TD car.

I totally agree with Mr. Akash said.

PS. I am also taking delivery of a Polo tomorrow. Since it is also an old stock piece (Dec 2014), I got a good deal. I would like to mention that the VW SA was very honest and told that an old stock is available. He even mailed me the VIN so that I can confirm the date of manufacture. I did a 90 min. PDI just to ensure everything was okay. :stupid:

Regards,
Nikunj

Top Bottom