Ashirwad Hyundai @ Coimbatore - Service Experience!!

Thread Starter #1
It is just not my regular service center. It was Chandra Hyundai and service is good so far. I never even had any plans to change them. But then during my recent trip in my Xcent, a minor Incident(Link) lead to some small damages in front LHS bumper and fog lamp assembly! Fog lamps are not working and the it was so dis-hearteing to see those cracks/scratched. I can't stand to see my car with small scratches but this! I can't tolerate! So I planned to get it repaired ASAP.

This is when I come to know about Ashirwad Hyundai. I knew about them during their opening day through some advertisements. So thought of trying it out this time.

It was sunday, when that small accident happened and I was down. So just called up Ashirwad and told Mr.Siva that I will send the mail of damages to get his opinion on what can be done and how can we proceed further. After few minutes, I got call from one of their SA Mr.Dinesh(from now on Mr.D for sake of writing!). He told me if he can come visit my place to have a look at damages. It was already past 5 but still I said ok. He came to someplace near my house and checked on bumper. He checked up on my insurance, that's when I know it is not B2B /Zero Dep one. So I had no option other than pay for it out of my pocket!!!

So, Mr.D gave me 2 choices. Replace bumper(that H.A.S.S mentality!!! Why I change bumper for such minor repair!) or they'll try to paint/surface it and replace fog lamp assembly. I said "Ok Mr.D! Let me call you later on what to do(Need to ask wife! [:D])". We shook our hands and we left. In between he said he can get me the best quote for insurance for B2B-0 Dep one and I said I will look into later.

After a lot of discussion, repairing bumper was cheaper option and I am not willing to replace bumper for such small things! So we called Mr.D and told him to come pick up car the next day morning and enquired about approx bill amount. And he said it will not cross 3k mark!!!. As promised, they reach my home @ 9am next day and picked the car. I mentioned them not to do any other work w/o my permission and they agreed. And they promised to give the car by the same if all goes well. And I knew it will not, and I prepared myself for delay. As expected, it took them one more day, but that was fine, because they informed me regarding every thing and it was good.

The next day evening, Mr.D called me and confirmed the time of drop of car! And I asked him about bill amount. To my surprise, it was 3.5k(but as per their initial quote it was supposed be 3k max with taxes!) and car wash costed me good 500 INR([anger]). I didn't liked this. Why would I spend 500 bucks for cleaning when I clearly said them not to do any thing else apart from said repairs. So I called Mr.Siva and told them politely to inform such things beforehand and let the customers decide whether they want a service or not! He politely listened and said he will get back to me at this. I said don't mind, it is just an suggestion!

Just few minutes later, Mr.D called me and told me, that they will give me free car wash coupon as compliment for what happened, along with couple of other discount coupons. This is what made me feel good about them. Instead of arguing with me or disagreeing, they accepted their mistake and try not to scare away customer. In the end, car reached home safely and paid the bill in cash and done.

You can see the pictures here : Pictures link

Overall, it was good experience and their work was good if not the best. The paint job was good and it doesn't stand out and look odd.

Positives
- Customer Oriented
- Polite guys. From Managers to S.A
- Work is good and price wise economical
- Their car wash and interior cleaning was way better than Chandra Hyundai's shoddy work!

Negatives
- I hate stickers in my car, that is why I removed Chandra Hyundai stickering from boot. But this guys put their sticker on boot, which is not easy to remove like the others. I mean, damn guys! Can't you understand this simple fact! I clearly said not to do anything except the said work and this happened! It is my car for gods sake and let me decide what I want to do with my car. I plan on getting the car for free wash next week(remember the free was coupon![:D]) and I will get it removed and give this as suggestion!

So will I recommend it to other guys? Yes.
It is much better than Suryabala Hyundai(not an M.A.S.S) and equal or little better than Chandra Hyundai.
That negative is not something to be worried about, so overall it was good experience and I plan on giving my car to this guys for 3rd free service.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #2
So, I get the chance to visit this guys again within a month. Long story short, my neighbor scratched my front bumper in exact same place where the touch up work was done. I sent the car to these guys. They came to my house, picked it up and dropped it. But the main issue is, this time, they can't keep up their promise on timings. It is a simple job. They finished the job the very next day, but gave it back to me only on 3rd day. For that, they gave reasons like no drivers, driver on leave etc! Since I wasn't in hurry it was ok. But if otherwise, things would have been ended up badly!

If they keep up on the timings, things will work out for them. Else, they won't be so good for so long! BTW the touch work up was excellent and I had some issue with last job, which they fixed without my knowledge. That was something!

Top Bottom