Headlight Assembly and Bulb Stolen at Service Centre

Thread Starter #1
This is a shocking experience with Hyundai service that reveals how some criminals in the name of mechanics are looting customers at the service center and are earning a very bad reputation for a company like Hyundai.

I left my car Hyundai i10 Sports at Mandona Hyundai, North Lakhimpur, Assam on 21st April, 2015 for replacement of front bumper and denting and painting of LHS fender. The car was was received after service in the evening on 24th April, 2015. I discovered that the newly painted portions of the car do not match the original paint of the car which is ice silver. When told about the same the service manager agreed to repaint those portions free of cost on some other day later. But to my utter surprise it was discovered that someone in the service center has stolen my original LHS headlamp assembly and replaced the same with a faulty one. This was confirmed as my original assembly had some marks for identification which were missing and adjuster of the replacement assembly was faulty. Moreover, I fitted my headlamps with Philips Extreme Vision bulbs. But that LHS EV bulb was missing and was replaced with a cheaper one by the name Halonix which comes as stock. When the matter was brought to the notice of the service manager, he refused to acknowledge the same. The person in-charge of service denied being involved in any such mischievous activity. Now, I am deeply aggrieved at such immoral practice on the part of Mandona Hyundai service.

Now I have already lodged a complaint with Hyundai Motors India customer care seeking quick redressal of the matter. Let us see what happens.[confused]

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
That indeed is a sad experience. And here i was blaming myself to leave pen drives and sunglasses in the car which were stolen at the HASS.

But this is shocking , to replace the whole headlight assembly[surprise] you have done what you can do at your end. Customer care is good , they will contact you within days. I too have received boxes of chocolates at home wheb i made a complaint in the feedback form and i hope they do the necessary for your case.
I hope you sent the email to the service manager as well ,just for the record. If not please do.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #3
Service manager? Who? At service center where my car was serviced or Service Manager of Hyundai India Limited? If latter, then I have no knowledge of how to contact the same.

Akash1886

Honoured Member
It is indeed a behavior of crooks. I suggest you to reach the owner of concerned Hyundai service center. Get the footage of cctv there. Also get this matter published in newspapers. Request you to share a pic of the changed headlamp. This attitude cant be accepted.

Regards

Akash

Last edited:
Totally unacceptable. Bring it to the public. Make a write up, post in a blog, Facebook and what not. They will come to you. Prepare necessary evidences and keep handy.

With thanks and regards

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
Service manager? Who? At service center where my car was serviced or Service Manager of Hyundai India Limited? If latter, then I have no knowledge of how to contact the same.
The service manager of the service center. Did you call them or wrote an email ? If you didn't email , go to hyundai website > contact us > service feedback. Fill the form and post it.

Thread Starter #7
I talked to the service manager over phone. He said he would look into the matter and call me back. I am still waiting for a call from service center though it is very unlikely because no thief or mechanic for that matter would ever admit that he had stolen a car part. As far as the Hyundai website is concerned, I have already filled the form and submitted the same.

Really sad to hear that such things are happening and that too at HASS. Due to mischief and mishandling done by someone the owner has to suffer and waste his time and patience calling and mailing the matter to every concerned authority.

After reading Akash post i came to know that CCTV are there at service floor. One should also be able to check what is happening with his car when taken in custody of ASS.

Anyways Speedfan, i wish you get things sorted out as early as possible and enjoy your ride.

Thread Starter #9
Today I received calls from the Customer Relations Manager of the Mandona Hyundai. First, she assured me that she would look into the matter and talk to the Service Manager in this regard and inform me. Later, she sympathized by saying that such things had happened to me. But she also let me know that she could not do anything about the matter as no mechanic admitted that he was involved in the crime. How funny !! Now I am waiting for that that moment when some mechanic would come forward and cry out, "Look, I was the one who had stolen the Headlamp assembly and the Bulb. Do whatever you can."[frustration]

As for the CCTV Camera, they informed most of the cameras were not in a working condition.[cry]

Now, i am scared of leaving my car at the ASS even for the period of going to the urinal. Who knows, if they get time enough they would swap the tyres, engine, seats and what not.[frustration]

Last edited:

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Today I received calls from the Customer Relations Manager of the Mandona Hyundai. First, she assured me that she would look into the matter and talk to the Service Manager in this regard and inform me. Later, she sympathized by saying that such things had happened to me. But she also let me know that she could not do anything about the matter as no mechanic admitted that he was involved in the crime. How funny !!
No Thief admits to Theft![anger]. I wish if this dealership's manager or any high position executive reverts over here on the forum. This attitude if put in simple words is "Shameless" and not "Helpless". How come the dealers are so ignorant of these thefts happening under their eyes? Hyundai Parent Company should investigate this issue before anything more damaging is done.

Regards

Akash

Thread Starter #11
Now I can only suggest other customers not to leave the car out of sight at that ASS even for a second. Else given enough time, they might swap the engine itself with that of a moped.

Last edited:

Top Bottom