My Visit To DC Design (Gurgaon): 1st On T.A.I!

Thread Starter #1

Akash1886

Honoured Member
A Visit To DC Design (Gurgaon)

Friends,

Please allow me to share with you a great experience of mine which I had today by visiting none other than one of the leading and highly acclaimed automotive customization brand DC DESIGNS which is owned by Sir Dilip Chhabria. DC Design has been in the Indian market for more than decade now and almost all the automotive enthusiasts and entities are aware of the creations and acumen of the driving force behind this superlative automotive brand.

By now, many of you may know what sort of a person I am and how my day usually begins:biggrin:. So, today was just another regular day in my life. Got a call from dad that I need to visit my uncle whose mother is now dis-charged from hospital and presently is at one of our relative’s place in Gurgaon. I thought let me make this visit much more worth and so I decided that while coming back I shall visit DC’s outlet in Gurgaon which is located in ABW towers Gurgaon and one can see the board right from NH 8. So fulfilling the duties of a good son the automotive enthusiast soul in me woke up and I told my driver to take me to the DC Lounge. Since my driver now has been with me for 6 years (Sheeshpal) so he knows and respects my obsession and passion for cars. In-fact he has also been helpful in customizing my own car, Honda City Ivtec.

So, As I reached the outlet, I was warmly greeted by a gentleman whose name I forgot to ask but I told him that I am member with a leading automotive forum i.e The Automotive India and today I have come just to check out the DC Lounge and share my experience here with my friends on the forum. He was more than happy to agree and showed me some of the good creations that were displayed over there. I was expecting an Avanti also to be displayed but that will arrive from Mumbai as I have been told by the executive and the deliveries shall begin from 15th April 2015. After having a brief chat with the executive, I requested him that I would like to click some pictures for my review to which he was more than happy to assist.

Over there the cars that I saw which were modified were Innova(s), Mahindra XUV 500 and a Nissan Sunny. I could not resist and asked him that whether there are any other cars for display upstairs as I wanted to see the DC Designed Renault Duster, but on the floor above the display area was their office. So, I had a good look at the above mentioned cars and started to click them in and out. I made sure to provide details through the pictures as much as possible. Having a closer look at the creations which most us just see on the DC official website was definitely a worthy experience. After seeing these DC creations I can easily say that DC does have great amount of know how about customizing a OEM vehicle but there are some small things which I observed and that being in the Nissan Sunny, keeping in mind the cabin size of the car, the interior customization was a bit too much and the cabin does look a bit busy and packed. However, the fit and finish of all the cars that I saw today was really well done.

So, all in all, in this short visit to the DC Lounge at Gurgaon, I got a great opportunity to be close to some of the good works by Sir Dilip Chhabria. I did really enjoy seeing these cars and feel that the time I spent there was really worth. I hope this interesting account of mine with the DC Lounge, would be helpful and enjoyed by all of you!

Here are some pics of the DC Modified Cars and How they look on a closer look. The First is the Toyota Innova Couple

20150410_122756.jpg

20150410_122807.jpg

20150410_122823.jpg

20150410_122855.jpg

20150410_122900.jpg

20150410_122916.jpg

20150410_122927.jpg

# Continued in next post.

Regards

Akash

Awesome pics sirji, lucky you to visit the DC showroom. I was actually waiting for a person to put of the DC duster pics but alas, i remain disappointed. Once even I had gone to enquire about the duster a month ago and they said they will be getting the Duster in their showing in March. I am surprised that they still don't have it.

In my opinion his creations are ridiculous outlandish a lot of them in very bad taste which is probably why many people stare at them. I have serious doubts about the roadworthiness of the soon to be released 'car' unless some very experienced engineers are involved.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #5

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Awesome pics sirji, lucky you to visit the DC showroom. I was actually waiting for a person to put of the DC duster pics but alas, i remain disappointed. Once even I had gone to enquire about the duster a month ago and they said they will be getting the Duster in their showing in March. I am surprised that they still don't have it.
Thanks Joshua, I'll see if I can get to see the Duster at their place.[:)]

In my opinion his creations are ridiculous outlandish a lot of them in very bad taste which is probably why many people stare at them. I have serious doubts about the roadworthiness of the soon to be released 'car' unless some very experienced engineers are involved.
I just would like to say, no matter how good or bad the creations of DC might be but we are a online forum and follow a decent protocol to address a person. In no ways we can use flimsy adjectives to address a reputed person. About his creations buddy, the perceptions are bound to differ which is very much acceptable. Also lets not deviate from intent of the thread.

Regards

Akash

Last edited by a moderator:
Was I deviating from the topic? Reputed? Flimsy adjectives please elaborate because now we're really deviating. My opinion is not based on a whim.

Top Bottom