Bad Experience on Claiming Insurance with Bimal Maruti

Thread Starter #1
This is reg. Insurance Claim from Maruti Insurance.

It is unfortunate to say that I had to take back the vehicle without getting repaired after 2 days. In these 2 days neither the claim was registered nor it is intimated to Insurance Company.

There was a external impact on the Center beam due to which the front two tyres got damaged along with the center beam.

2 weeks back I had been to Bimal Maruti to claim the Insurance. Mr. Uma Shankar assisted me in filling the claim form. I was asked to sign the satisfaction form then and there itself. He insisted me to sign the form for a cashless transaction. I politely denied saying i will fill the form once the work is done and the vehicle is ready for delivery.
I also submitted the zerox copies of RC book and Driving license. Upon asking the original documents, I told them that I will submit those originals when i come back next time for vehicle delivery. They did not utter a word for this and agreed to submit the originals when I come next time.

Since I did not know the impact date and time, I just left the date and time as blank and thought of filling "Not known". Uma Shankar asked me to fill any date if the date and time is not know . I just filled a random date and time in the form.

The case was then transferred to Mr. Arif (One of the worst guys I have ever met in Bimal) for claim. Arif has taken all the inventory details of the vehicle.

Before leaving, I have clearly asked him if there is anything to do from side side for which he told me that there is nothing to do. I left for the day.

In the evening Arif called me and informed that he is waiting for the originals to be submitted before he could register the claim.

I asked him why this was not told me when I am there in the office that originals are compulsory to submit a claim , there is no answer from him.

He is arguing the same point again and again about the originals document submission and not even listening to my words.
Finally Service Engineer came to my house and collected the documents. These documents were submitted the next day in showroom. ( I am in totally in confused state whether to give the original docs to service person or not. To avoid the delay in claim, with some amount of risk, given these docs)

The next day, Arif called me and says that the accident date and time falls in the previous year for which I need to claim the insurance as part of previous policy.
He asked me to come and submit the previous year insurance policy only then the claim will be registered.
I am completely pissed off with this multiple trips to showroom for all these documents submission. I have asked them to Cancel my Claim and hand over the vehicle. The complete 2 days are washed away and when I submit the policy , its going to be one more day for registering the claim.

Later I have enquired with known friends . I came to know that filling the satisfaction feedback is compulsory in the initial stages itself. Otherwise, people take their own time to register the claim and introduce delays.

Due to this all my Planned leaves and vacation got shattered.

I have couple of points to be answered..

1. Why do I need to fill the satisfaction feedback form before any work been done. if this is the case, the Satisfaction form has no meaning itself.

2. When the date and time of the incident is not known, I was directed to fill any date and time which is absolutely not acceptable . Its kind of misleading the Customers

3. Despite the high insurance from Maruti Insurance policy compared to other insurance premiums, I opted for maruti only thinking that I will have a hassle free claim.
Now it turned out to be completely false.
4. There was no Courtesy shown while giving the vehicle back me without repair. Mr. Arif stopped the vehicle in the middle of the garage , handed over the vehicle keys and simply walks off from the place.

5. Now the vehicle is running without repair. Not sure what to do at this stage.

Let me know your opinion on this about the next course of action..

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Re: Bad Experience with Bimal Maruti Insurance

This is reg. Insurance Claim from Maruti Insurance. I have couple of points to be answered..

1. Why do I need to fill the satisfaction feedback form before any work been done. if this is the case, the Satisfaction form has no meaning itself.
Actually, to be honest, the ASC's insurance department have an informal tie-up with insurance agents and these ASC's on their part manipulate the claim process to earn personal benefit from the claim.

2. When the date and time of the incident is not known, I was directed to fill any date and time which is absolutely not acceptable . Its kind of misleading the Customers
That must have been required as the "Describe the accident" column of the form right! See, that is a pre-requisite and were you not present on the day when the accident happened?

3. Despite the high insurance from Maruti Insurance policy compared to other insurance premiums, I opted for maruti only thinking that I will have a hassle free claim. Now it turned out to be completely false.
Well this is subjective. Maruti as of I know has been quick in settling the claims. Do change the policy next year as per your choice buddy.

4. There was no Courtesy shown while giving the vehicle back me without repair. Mr. Arif stopped the vehicle in the middle of the garage , handed over the vehicle keys and simply walks off from the place.
Mark an email stating the facts to the GM of that ASC asap.

5. Now the vehicle is running without repair. Not sure what to do at this stage.
Look for a good FNG or if you have an Carnation outlet in Bangalore then get it repaired there.

Regards

Akash

Last edited:

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
Originals are compulsory to be submitted. 2-3 times i have filed for a claim and I received the documents in the envelope at the delivery of the vehicle.

In this case you should have given the originals , they won't lose it or do any thing. But yeah the person should have told you before hand.

What's done ia done. Now only thing you can do is follow what the guy is telling you to.

Thread Starter #4
Thanks Akash and allhyundaicars for the suggestions. I have written mail to Maruti reg. the same.
A person from maruti called me and asked me to go back to the same showroom for claim.

I told her clearly that i wanted the answers before i go to them again. She said, she is writing a strong mail to particular dep. and someone from Bimal will get back to me on this.
I haven't received any call from Bimal . Its been a week over..

I will follow up again..

@ S gajjala We need a few clarification here. Was this an accident. if yes who was riding the car. if it happened when you parked and you don't know how it happened. is that what you are trying to say. the feedback need not be filled before hand it can be filled at the time of delivery. However you will have to submit the original documents. now if this was a accident you should have filed a police case and submitted the case paper to the showroom where you are getting it repaired. reading your post makes me understand that you were not present near the vehicle when this damage happened. please tell us in detail how this happened which could shed some light.

Thread Starter #6
Hi Incarnation,
I am the single owner and driver for this car. The service people in maruti say that there is a external impact on the center beam . It could be while crossing the humps, bumpy roads etc..
But I never noticed such a impact anytime. Its not a accident at all. Also I have not given my vehicle to anyone so there is no chance of happening in my absence.

I have sent reminder mail to Maruti for which I got a reply saying that I can take my vehicle to show room again and get it repaired. they have not answered to the questions raised by me.

Would you please suggest the best possible way to handle this scenario.

Top Bottom