ARAS Motors, Madurai (General Motors): Worst Place For Service

Thread Starter #1
I would like to sum up my experience/frustration with the ARAS Motors, Sales and Service Team @Nagari, Madurai.
First, there is totally no after sales/service at ARAS Motors, madurai...which is nothing compared to the numerous service issues everybody is having with the service people..every day there will be an angry customer shouting in the front lobby that he has been cheated. Previously, an Arrogant Service Manager by name Mr. Justin was behaving so badly with the customers even in front of all the employees at the service center that finally, he was asked to resign following myriad of complaints from the customers. But still ARAS Chevy service center, Nagari remains the worst place to be even dreamed of even by their loyal customers..I have been writing about the service carried out by unprofessional mechanics (playing stereo system in full volume damaging the speakers, even a very costly LCD playback video system was damaged during free service of a Dr. car) and wrote about the issues by email/online to the GM and their Head (Chevrolet India, New Delhi) but only to find my email promptly forwarded back to the service and sales manager based in ARAS, Madurai (again[anger]). I even met with the GM of the ARAS motors once but he simply prompted the Service manager to listen and he didnt even stay to hear what the issues were..not to mention about the office staff and the Sales managers..and their unethical way of dealing with customers (saying the spares are not available and especially not as required by the customer and installing without asking them if they can replace against the item ordered). I think they simply believe that we owe them for buying their cars..such a poor service and sales team..I never imagined of.
I never was able to get hold of the sales representative who sold me the car for a full demo of the vehicle after my first free service..still now..he says he is not in town..and I stopped myself from visiting the showroom because they immediately rely the news to the service team and they will take up the issue by repairing the car when we leave the car for free service (free or paid service)..other than free service I have been visiting the service center more than 4 times as the service was not upto my satisfaction. For the past 3 months, i have been visiting the ARAS service center frequently with complaints starting from the Keyless entry remote, security alarm, A/C, and suspension issues, with no permanent solution reached so far. But even now, though new staffs are being appointed I believe the ARAS service center mechanic-team is not co-operating with them..so there is difficulty in getting the jobs done as per the wish of the customer and by the order of the Staff.
Personally i heard from rural/urban Drivers of T board (Tavera and Enjoy) vehicles/cars, that they are being ripped off during every service (amounting from 10-15k per service) by saying that there is issues with the car that can be rectified only by changing the spares for which they charge a hefty amount at ARAS Motors service center, Nagari, MAdurai.

For example, I myself was told to believe that the security alarm doesnt support rear HB/dickey door and I paid Rs.600 to fix it. but luckily for me I had the Remote Security Alarm owners manual which clearly implied (and Autocop employee confirmed) that the security is from the front bonnet to rear HB/dickey door and covers everything including remote autolock if the doors are left open for more than 60 sec..I paid them in order to show to their manager how they are improving and improvising their techniques of ripping money from rural people.
I again called on the service manager and he agreed and said it can be fixed now without money charged to me, and told me they do that to cars since people ask them to disable certain safety features (I never asked any such stupid thing, why my car then?) I dont know now. if they will ever refund me the money (for selling their lie..that they fixed a new wire for the remote alarm which is a known ECU issue).
i am sure that ARAS Motors /service team considers that the rural can be cheated based on their vehicle knowledge and the case may be even worse for first time chevy owners.
Finally, for most of the Chevy owners, the sales of the Chevrolet cars in our Temple city is never improving solely because of the unorganized sales/service team and their poor customer service. Any person who has bought the Chevy branded cars from temple city, Madurai will definitely say that they hate the ARAS service team @ NAgari, Madurai and may even have many interesting stories to share.

I once heard that Cars and wife are god sent as they reach their owners purely by fate..hence we should choose to live with it without much ado (but thanks to ARAS service team making this impossible)[frustration].

As far as my first car, Chevy Sail UVa is concerned, I will continue to fight/educate the ARAS service and sales team on behalf of all Chevy owners/Colleagues who are being harassed in the name of service at the temple city by ARAS Motors, Madurai.

Thread Starter #2
Hi Guys
Today I await the car from the bodyshop at ARAS motors service center (Chevrolet + now isuzu is also service here).
But before I meet them..can anyone please ..especially Senior TAIans offer me some advice on the list of what to check in the car before taking delivery from the service unit?
I will be thanking you all for the input.
Will post about the experience (possibly with frustration) with the service manager + mechanic team.

why don't you use face book way of escalating the issue. Just write the whole story on their wall and see what kind of response are you getting.

Thread Starter #4
why don't you use face book way of escalating the issue. Just write the whole story on their wall and see what kind of response are you getting.
Well, I have sincerely mailed them directly (gmi.cac@gm.com) explaining issues but found my emails directly forwarded to the sales and service team @ ARAS for further enquiry [frustration]. Now I dont know what difference does it make..
For all of you here is the fascinating reply I got from Chevrolet India

Dear Dr. C. Justin David.

This is in reference to your email to us concerning your Chevrolet Sail.

We have gone through the contents of your e-mail and understand your concern, since the matter needs to be investigated in regard to your feedback, our enfranchised dealership M/s AR A S Motors, Madurai is being requested for assistance & clarification on the matter.

Also, we are advising Service Manager of M/s AR A S Motors to provide you necessary possible assistance in the matter. [anger]

We thank you for writing into us and giving us the opportunity to be of assistance.

Warm Regards

ManMohan Bhasker
Customer Assistance Center
Chevrolet Sales India, Gurgaon
* e-mail - gmi.cac@gm.com
www.chevrolet.co.in

Further, Facebook postings can be edited and made to disappear the minute they know about it. Hence in TAI, where real life auto owners registered in sites like TAI and TeamBHP will read and get benefited before or after buying the Chevy car..from anywhere and I definitely believe that posting in TAI will reach almost all motor enthusiasts and to be auto/car owners..from every corner of India. [:D]

Thread Starter #5
Sent: Tuesday, 19, August, 2014 11:51 AM
To: GMI CAC
Subject: Safety and Mechanical Issues in Sail-UVa Hatchback models(2013)-reg.

Dear Sir/Madam

I have owned the Sail-UVa (Base model-without ABS/Airbag) since last year (2013) and am happy to drive the car for almost a year now.
But recently after my second service, I noticed some issues in my car which might be of importance to Chevrolet Sales and Service and hope that they would help me in this regard.

I am writing this email based on what i noticed in my car (Sail-UVa) and the response received from mechanics during my recent service at our Chevy-dealer (ARAS, Madurai).I am writing this email to your goodself looking for help and to clarify my concern as Chevy promises safety first in all their models.

Here is your quote "At Chevrolet Sales India Pvt. Ltd, we not only give utmost priority to product quality and customer safety & satisfaction and at the same time, work towards making them compliant with the Government norms"

Issues/Concerns that I mentioned to the ARAS service team and the response received from Team of mechanics

Issue #1. Door ajar alarm/light -warning is not working when the rear hatchback door is left open. I was able to drive the car above 30kms speed with the rear door open, Door ajar warning is a basic requirement for any car with children traveling in the rear seats.

I was able to leave the rear door open and lock (only 4 doors) using company approved remote system and drive (without a hint) without noticing the door is open .. as there was no alarm or light flashing in the odometer- console which is extremely dangerous ...

Response received from service person:

None of the models except SAIL-UVA -LT comes with such feature. Sail-UVa models doesnt support door ajar warning when the rear door is left open..and there wont be any alarm even when you drive above 20km speed with the rear door left open. Not everyone can afford to buy the LT model and even the "Owners manual mention the Door ajar light for all doors in all models of Sail UVA"

Issue #2: Remote keyless entry -locking which was a paid accessory from my delaer (Autoshopbody spares-chevy approved brand) doesnt work to close the rear door. when I left the rear door open (after closing -4 doors with remote), there was no alarm/or light in the odometer console indicating the door is open/ which is even more alarming considering what we think that the remote system will detect if all doors are locked.

Response received from service person:

There is no wire at all for linking rear door to auto door lock remote..so locking/detecting rear hatch back door open- is not possible with the remote locking system accessory fitted in my car (still now they are using the same brand for remote keyless entry-lock) and I have to pay Rs. 600 from my pocket for fixing this issue (new wire was installed & connected with the keyless remote-now the remote detects open rear HB door).

Consequence:
Today at the dealer service, I paid extra Rs. 600 for installing a new wire and for connecting the remote lock..in total for setting the problem right,.
I already paid Rs.2500/- to have the keyless remote lock installed in my car at our CHEVY service station. I would not recommend the remote lock system from Autoshop Brand for any Chevy cars without these additional wires installed to detect rear HB door open.

seriously if the rear door is left open and driven the Carbon monoxide from the exhaust pipe will enter the cabin and will be deadly if A/C is on inside the cabin...RED ALERT!!

Issue #3: I was able to open the rear door with my car keys even when I had locked the car using the remote lock system without any alarm. There was never an alarm even when I was even able to enter inside the car through rear door without any alarm. (I am shocked to find it so unsafe and hence any duplicate keys will suffice).

Response received from Service person:

There wont be any alarm as it is not connected with the remote system. It is the same case with every Chevy-Sail UVa car models (except LT-comes with remote central lock from chevy).

Consequence:

The remote alarm was rewired with the rear HB door and now it works as a charm..but i have to pay Rs.600 again.

Not every one can afford to buy the LT models but for a family, but a base model with basic safety features is desirable.
I have made videos of these issues using my mobile and will be happy to send it to you if you need them..

All I am asking is for the price we paid for a family car and our trust in General Motors-Chevrolet Sail UVA...a Rear Door Ajar/Alarm warning has to be included in the car and when we buy remote lock system from the dealer it should certainly include all doors which will also help us to travel/park the car at any place without worries.

please let me know of your response and I hope Chevy Will look into such important safety issues while selling the car for Indian middle class people.

Thanking you and looking forward to your response.

Sincerely

David

Thread Starter #6
Can anybody suggest me how to take (stern) action against such misleading customer assistance service from ARAS Motors, Madurai and Chevrolet India?
In USA there is a Better Business Bureau Association (BBA) and in India?
I would very much appreciate any links and leads on how to proceed against the worse customer satisfaction issues!!

Top Bottom