Experience with Mohandas Motors (Tata), Trivandrum

Thread Starter #1
The Experience-I was travelling from Nagercoil to trivandrum last week,before entering trivandrum I realized the brakes on my safari was making a squeaking sound,though braking ability remained the same as before,still i went to Mohandas motors just to make sure things were fine.

Their diagnosis-The liner had faded had to be replaced,since the routine service was almost around the corner I asked them to do that as well and they promised me to deliver the car within 3 days.

What went wrong-I was free for a week so i gave the car for servicing in trivandrum though i live in kollam some 60 km away from the site of the workshop.
On the third day i rang them up and the cold response was that the liner is not available and it would take two more days to get the car ready.2 days later the response was the same ,this time my patience snapped and i said i would contact the company if they are not ready with the car within the next 48 hours

Finally they called and i went to the workshop located in the suburbs of trivandrum(peroorkada) a place riddled with insanely narrow roads and notorious for it's traffic jams.

I checked the car they had replaced the liner and the servicing was not done.They took exactly a week to change the break liners.The car was having greasy fingerprints all over the body and had a shabby look with the side glasses also having these prints

VERDICT(based on this experience)-Truly over crowded,unprofessional (typical of other TASS ),located in suburbs(not really a big problem)i believe kulathunkal motors has terminated tata dealership (correct me if i am wrong) so if this is the only option for people in trivandrum i think getting their tatas serviced would be a cumbersome and unpleasant experience.

Re: Experience with Mohandas motors,Trivandrum

I heard from a source that Kulathungal motors will start its operation once again. Their showroom will be the old GM Showroom opposite to the MGM school in bypass and their service center will be in Kuravankonam.

did you report this issue to Customer Care ?

Thread Starter #4
i haven't reported it to the customer care of tata because i won't be visiting that dreaded place again.The kulathunkal guys were much better and some of their mechanics were well experienced.if mohandas motors continue to remain the sole tata dealership in trivandrum then people over there will be in big trouble.

mohandas motors is under staffed and under equipped to provide decent services

Thread Starter #5
Last week I was in trivandrum and my safari was having it's power window struck in between so had to go to mohandas despite the horrible experience i had to face the last time i went there.But this time I was very impressed with the service executive and he seemed a responsible guy and gave him the green light to service the car as I had to take a trip from trivandrum to salem after a few days.I specifically asked him if he could deliver the car by then ,he assured me and I left the car with them knowing it was a gamble knowing their previous history.

But this time the story changed they serviced the car and fixed the power windows within 24 hrs and phoned me whether they should repair a few minor dents and I gave a go ahead to the body shop guy after he assured me that things will be fixed in one day.

They delivered the car with precision and the quality of service was excellent this time,though the body shop bill was slightly more than what i expected it was ok. I even got a call from tata the very next day requesting my feedback about the dealer and I gave them a thumps up.
The kulathunkal guys while being consistent was never this good and some of my friends even swear that they were swindlers, but I never had a problem with them.

I think mohandas motors has changed a lot. The car had a feel good factor on the long drive to salem and back and they even gave me a personal call enquiring about the trip.

Finally tata is reining in it's dealers I believe, and with a monopoly dealership in trivandrum mohandas has done a good job and restored my faith in TASS

Finally tata is reining in it's dealers I believe, and with a monopoly dealership in trivandrum mohandas has done a good job and restored my faith in TASS
[clap] For both Tata and you ! For you taking the risk and for Tata making their steps in th right direction for the first time with their dealers . Wish Tata all the best to succeed.

Top Bottom