Nath Nissan, New Delhi - An Experience Review

Thread Starter #1

350Z

Core Team
DSC01566.jpg

Before I begin, Do not miss to take a look at the First brief Impression with Pictures of Nissan Micra (http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...ia-first-impression-pg-10-a-10.html#post32780). Now returning to the topic - Recently when Nissan invited me to check out the All New Micra, I willingly accepted this opportunity and right away headed towards the only dealership of Nissan India in New Delhi - Nath Nissan, which is spread over a fairly large area and located on the outskirts of city.

The showroom has about 4 Teanas, an X-Trial and the New Micra on display, Unlike my experience in few other dealerships, this time when I went into the showroom, A well-groomed person smiled and asked to have a seat, We had the brief talk about Micra and in a couple of minutes, A pretty sales girl came forward and took me towards the Sparkling new brick red colored Nissan Micra. While I was checking this car, She explained the engine specifications, features etc. – “Sir, Micra has Key less entry, first in class. It also offers push-type start/stop button like in Nissan's Luxury car Teana, standard driver’s side airbag and a lot more and all these features are first in the class, sir!” Such similar sentences were repeated twice or thrice which rather looked like she is revising what all was taught during Nissan training sessions. Eh?

Now I jumped inside the car and she continued to praise the little Micra, In midst of it I Interrupted and asked why the alloy wheels are not offered as standard, Even on top-end variant? Like expected it was all *Silence* for a while. :biggrin: So, I shortly changed the topic and asked about the pricing, which she informed to be about Rs.3.5+ Lakhs (Ex. Showroom), I said her that in Bangalore the price is much higher so how come low in Delhi? Now just read what she had to say –:

SG: “Sir, In Southern India region, the prices are high”
Me: “But doesn’t Nissan has their own plant down in Chennai itself? So why…”
SG: “Yes, there is a plant but the cars from Chennai plant first come up to Delhi and then they are distributed across the country, like Bangalore you said. In fact, there is no showroom of Nissan in Chennai”
Me: “Okay!”

This was one of the shocking statements I heard from some sales person for first time about their company. First, She says there’s NO showroom in Chennai (But in actual there is!). Secondly, She said that cars are manufactured in Chennai, then they are shipped to Delhi and again, they go down to Southern Indian Showrooms (Chennai, Bangalore etc). Is it all actually true?

About diesel model, the girl told it’ll be available after two months once the petrol is released and she was blank faced about the specifications. It was probably enough of it, So I decided to take a brochure, Contact details and move out.

Conclusion:
It is appreciable that Nissan has perfectly maintained their status in country by keeping well maintained showrooms with all cars in their range available at one-stop and well groomed sales persons as well but the one which I dealt was an exception, Maybe? Because Mis-informing the new buyers can actually affect the reputation of a company in a negative way, Especially when you have opted a delicate route which will eventually decide the future of this growing car-maker in India.

Nath Nissan, New Delhi

• Cleanliness & Decoration: 5_star_rating.gif (5/5)
  • Customer Treatment: 4_star_rating.gif (3.5/5)
  • Condition of Vehicles on Display: 4_star_rating.gif (4/5)
  • Availability of Vehicles: 4_star_rating.gif (4.5/5)
  • Over-All Experience: 4_star_rating.gif (4/5)

DSC01559.jpg

Drive Safe,
350Z

Hey nice review Vibhor. Good to know Nissan has one delaer in your city.[;)]

The sales person will need sometime to answer the common queries, i am sure they will pick-up.

SG: “Sir, In Southern India region, the prices are high”
Me: “But doesn’t Nissan has their own plant down in Chennai itself? So why…”
SG: “Yes, there is a plant but the cars from Chennai plant first come up to Delhi and then they are distributed across the country, like Bangalore you said. In fact, there is no showroom of Nissan in Chennai”
Me: “Okay!”

This was one of the shocking statements I heard from some sales person for first time about their company. First, She says there’s NO showroom in Chennai (But in actual there is!). Secondly, She said that cars are manufactured in Chennai, then they are shipped to Delhi and again, they go down to Southern Indian Showrooms (Chennai, Bangalore etc). Is it all actually true?
Kill me please [frustration] This is the funniest 'supply chain management' I ever heard! I am just wondering how people can be so thoughtless and make their own version of the answers. I still not get what made her to think and answer like this. Probably that is the instruction she might have got from the marketing genius (the so called Marketing Manager) in the showroom. Good, so Nissan is going to have a bright and healthy beginning [clap]

Hey good review Vibhor! So the sales executives are no different in Nissan either!

But hey all commodities in Delhi are little cheaper be it Fuel , cars etc when compared to the prices in the southern regions. And i think the price is cheaper only in Delhi as its the capital city.

the price factor is due to the different tax structure in India.

Nice review. The Nissan dealership (Pushpanjali Motors) which was at Moti Nagar has closed down, the reason I dont know

Thread Starter #6

350Z

Core Team
The sales person will need sometime to answer the common queries, i am sure they will pick-up.
It can be accepted once if dealer were not informed much about Micra but what would you call that statement where she said cars are transported from Chennai to Delhi and then shipped back to South India!?!

But hey all commodities in Delhi are little cheaper be it Fuel , cars etc when compared to the prices in the southern regions. And i think the price is cheaper only in Delhi as its the capital city.
But I rather feel that prices here are much higher in comparison to other small cities and if speaking especially about Micra – The car is manufactured down in Chennai, So shouldn’t be the cost much lower in comparison to up here in north region? It is as easy as that.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Hey RSM even Bangalore is having Nissan showroom.
SHAHWAR NISSAN is the dealer.
When chennai is having the plant. Why would a car go round about turn to Delhi, then reaching Bangalore .?
While chennai is the neighbour state of Karnataka.
Vibhor the prices change from one state to another.
As there is difference in road tax.
Bangalore is the city paying highest road tax.
So by the time car reaches from dealer to owner the prices shoots up.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #8

350Z

Core Team
Nissan has dealers in almost all metro cities, which include:

• Mumbai - Ichibaan Nissan
  • Delhi - Nath Nissan
  • Chandigarh - Bhagat Nissan
  • Ludhiana - Tristar Nissan
  • Pune - Oxford Nissan
  • Ahmedabad - Petal Nissan
  • Cochin - EVM Nissan
  • Coimbatore - Ramani Nissan
  • Chennai - Sherif Nissan
  • Bangalore - Shahawar Nissan
  • Hyderabad - Lakshmi Nissan
Drive Safe,
350Z

nice review! i liked the showroom. was there any 370Z? nissan is a big carmaker which rivals with big brands in foreign like merc, bmw so certainly those high class levels will show automatically but maybe that sales girl was new! [thinking]

Top Bottom