Unpleasant Buying Experience With Mohan Motors (Maruti Suzuki), Kolkata

Thread Starter #1
30th September 2012
I stepped into Maruti Suzuki(Mohan Motors,sec-v,salt lake,kolkata) showroom after office at around 7.00pm.I was welcomed by lady & asked about the purpose of visit.I told her that I want to buy a new car. She asked me to sit & called a sales executive(SE) to attend me.Then a guy named Arijit came & asked me about my requirements.My requirement was a petrol car,most probably swift with ABS & AIRBAG for sure.Only option available was Swift ZXI.My condition was that I need the car before 1st december at any cost. I will surely describe the reason behind the rigidity with the date. The guy told me not an issue. I told him that I want a car either white or silver or grey at any cost,strictly no black.So I booked a silver color(my prefered color) swift zxi with 10K as booking amount.My next condition with him was" I will take a TD tomorrow.If I like it ,my booking is confirmed else all my 10k will be returned to me." The reason behind the booking without test drive was" The SE assured me a delivery by 3rd week of november as I have booked in September, not October."

7th october-:
One weeks internet search took a toll on me and I wanted to take a TD of the new dzire zxi before going ahead. I took the TD and changed my booking from swift to dzire . Again the SE assured me that the deadline can be met.I happily came back home.

10th october-:
I got a call from the SE "The deadline can't be met in case of dzire.Please come to showroom for further discussions."

11th October-:
I went to the showroom .After discussion, again I came back to my silver swift zxi. Then I asked the SE to be reassured that the deadline can be met in case of swift. Also he offered me one ready stock white zxi .I said I am ok with it,so let me know when to come for PDI.I wanted a new swift zxi before 1st dec at any cost.He told me that he would let me know about the white swift. I went back home happily.

25th October-:

I called that guy to ask about the white swift. he told me it is already sold. But he told me not to worry ,the deadline is still in his mind.

11th november
I called the guy to inquire about the date ,when i should come for PDI. He told me that within 2 days,he will let me know about the arrival date of the car.I can come after that.

16th november
The same story as above

18th november
I called that guy and again he tried to tell me the same old story. I told him ,let me know the date else i am going to your manager. He told me that he will call me within 5 minutes and disconnected the phone.After 5 minutes ,his supervisor Amit called me and told me that the car wouldn't be available before 5th december.I freaked out at that instant.I had a heated argument with him to do anything to get me car by the promised deadline. He promised me a +ve resolution to this

20th november
I got a call form the supervisor that nothing is available till now. but they are trying.

22nd november
They finally told me that a blazing red swift is coming next day which was booked by a doctor.If I would be interested then they can arrange that car for me.Though I really wanted a silver or white color but i didn't have any other option.So finally I said yes.

27th november-:
Finally the car was delivered to me in the evening around 6.30pm.I started the engine and happily drove the car with a winning smile as the deadline was met.
Within 1km of the showroom,I started hearing a very slow rattling noise from the back left door.I called the SE instantly and told him about the problem. He asked me to to come to showroom next day to check the issue. I thought of going there day after tomorrow i.e 29th.

29th november
when i came to my parking to take the car to showroom,I found the back left tyre deflated. I changed it with reserved tyre and went to the showroom. Currently i had 2 problems.First one is the sound from door & second one deflated tyre. The showroom guy was in the driver's seat & i was beside him as he was checking the sound,after 100mtrs of checking a bang sound.The bang sound created when an autowallah just kissed the front bumper of the car. Too much for that day.
The showroom guys called me and said sorry.They changed the front bumper for free.

1st december-:

I finally got the delivery of my car an the drama got over which started on 30th september. Still I was happy that the deadline was met.[lol]

NB-: Rigidity with 1st December

I got married on 10th December. So I wanted to welcome her to my new house(rented) in my new car after the marriage. [:D] My home village is 222km(exactly) from my house in kolkata,in Odisha. That's a nice green place. A big water reservoir is in the process of making. Once made, It can be a weekend gateway from kolkata. When time will permit, I will post in travelogue section with pictures.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Unpleasant buying exp. with Mohan Motors (Maruti Suzuki), Kolkata

I purchased my car also from the same dealer. My experience is not bad. They allowed me test drive and also other facilities.

30th September 2012
I stepped into Maruti Suzuki(Mohan Motors,sec-v,salt lake,kolkata) showroom after office at around 7.00pm.I was welcomed by lady & asked about the purpose of visit.I told her that I want to buy a new car. She asked me to sit & called a sales executive(SE) to attend me.Then a guy named Arijit came & asked me about my requirements.....
But what is so bad in this, I could not find anything really bad which can be so alarming.

Please let us know how is your car running now.

Thread Starter #4
The worst thing is they lied me from day one.If they told me the truth that the deadline can't be met as swift had more waiting period.I would have gone for either jazz or punto, which were in my 2nd & 3rd in my list. but that SE guy lied me till last time.I had to choose the red color forcefully as i didn't have any other option by 3r week of November.

The worst thing is they lied me from day one.If they told me the truth that the deadline can't be met as swift had more waiting period.I would have gone for either jazz or punto, which were in my 2nd & 3rd in my list. but that SE guy lied me till last time.I had to choose the red color forcefully as i didn't have any other option by 3r week of November.
If you are happy with car now then this can be forgotten.

In 2012 Swift and Dzire had high demand. So there is nothing unusual in this. You are lucky you that you got the car by promised date. Had it been dealers in Bangalore you might have still moved in circles.

You have named the thread"Worst Buying Experience". Please let us know how many cars you have bought and interacted with how many dealers.

IMO, Mohan Motors is one of the better Maruti dealers in Kolkata/Eastern India.

Thread Starter #10
In 2012 Swift and Dzire had high demand. So there is nothing unusual in this. You are lucky you that you got the car by promised date. Had it been dealers in Bangalore you might have still moved in circles.

You have named the thread"Worst Buying Experience". Please let us know how many cars you have bought and interacted with how many dealers.

IMO, Mohan Motors is one of the better Maruti dealers in Kolkata/Eastern India.
After booking i have started a new thread on this forum under automotive shopper.Please have a look at this link.http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/automotive-shopper/9572-please-suggest-new-car-range-6-7l.html
I thought promises are made to be kept. Else i would have easily gone for jazz or punto if the guy would have told the reality on 30 september itself.
This is the 5th maruti in my family. My father has a ALTO K10 VXI. My father in-law has a RITZ VXI. We bought all from Odisha, either from Jyote motors or Narayani motors.
I can tell you one incident with Narayani motors,Bhubaneswar in Feb 2007.Zen Estilo was just launched around that time.So my uncle booked his ZEN Estillo VXI with them and they promised a delivery within 2 months.My uncle had a M800 from 1992 & he sold that on 3rd week of march.At last week of march ,they called my uncle & told him that it will take another month for the delivery.So to keep the promise, they provided an ALTO LXI from there true value shop for free until the booked car came.I suppose this is called customer service.[:)]

Jalan has closed? Its one of the oldest and good Maruti Dealer in Kolkata. We took our car from them around 10 years back. When its closed? Any information why?
When & why not known. My brother-in-law purchased his car from Jalan in 2006. But when I was looking for a car last year I came to know Jalan closed. As far as I know their office & show room was at Moulali,kolkata.[cry]

When & why not known. My brother-in-law purchased his car from Jalan in 2006. But when I was looking for a car last year I came to know Jalan closed. As far as I know their office & show room was at Moulali,kolkata.[cry]
Yes they were in Moulali and they had a branch in VIP Road also. Have they closed down? Can some one re-confirm.

After booking i have started a new thread on this forum under automotive shopper.Please have a look at this link.http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/automotive-shopper/9572-please-suggest-new-car-range-6-7l.html
I thought promises are made to be kept. Else i would have easily gone for jazz or punto if the guy would have told the reality on 30 september itself.
This is the 5th maruti in my family. My father has a ALTO K10 VXI. My father in-law has a RITZ VXI. We bought all from Odisha, either from Jyote motors or Narayani motors.
I can tell you one incident with Narayani motors,Bhubaneswar in Feb 2007.Zen Estilo was just launched around that time.So my uncle booked his ZEN Estillo VXI with them and they promised a delivery within 2 months.My uncle had a M800 from 1992 & he sold that on 3rd week of march.At last week of march ,they called my uncle & told him that it will take another month for the delivery.So to keep the promise, they provided an ALTO LXI from there true value shop for free until the booked car came.I suppose this is called customer service.[:)]
OK that was nice, but you can expect that only in smaller cities. In big cities Customer is NOT king for Maruti. You would have understood if were in Bangalore.

By the way, we are planning to buy a new Maruti car in Kolkata, so I know where not to go[:D]

Thread Starter #15
Yes they were in Moulali and they had a branch in VIP Road also. Have they closed down? Can some one re-confirm.

OK that was nice, but you can expect that only in smaller cities. In big cities Customer is NOT king for Maruti. You would have understood if were in Bangalore.

By the way, we are planning to buy a new Maruti car in Kolkata, so I know where not to go[:D]
I was also thinking like that only. I learned a lot things about customer service from this dealing. In India, till your are small ,you care about customer.Once you are big,you really don't care about customer.I suppose the time has come for a customer service revolution.[:D]
Now onwards ,I won't buy any car from a big city,especially Maruti.

Top Bottom