Ford Ecosport Delivery Delays and Dealer Frauds

Thread Starter #1
From the time the ford ecosport released, and once the overwhelming response of 30000 plus booking in 17 days published, we started getting delivery delay and betrayed by dealer s issues.

Off late its increasing and i don't think it should spoils the purpose of ownership / review thread

More over this issues should not be simply ignored

It needs special attention from all and inputs from all as well

Hence opening this thread for angry customers

Please check and move this to correct section as am not able to determine which section is apt for this thread

Last edited:
I agree.
I have booked 1.5P Trend on 12th Aug, and given a waiting period of 'more than 5 month'
Now I wonder how much is exactly 'more than 5 months'
Even customercare and write2md failed to clarify.
It's time now, we unite and teach a lesson to ford for this mess, even if we don't get ES.
If the dealers attitude is this at the time of sale, what would be in future?

Good Initiative Madhu, thanks for taking this up, I too booked my ES on 15th July and till date there is no response from the dealer. I know people who have booked later than me and today they are the proud ES owners. Ford and it dealers has to be taught a lesson. [anger]

Thread Starter #5
spoken and written alot,

to both ford and ford and their dealers; blaming just dealer alone is not the right thing to do, because ford as a company failed to control its dealers and thus it allowed dealers to play spoil sport

helpdesk customer care ::: like the google driverless car project this support customer care render to us thru chat and voice is useless as the people working their sounds very much mechanical without a heart to sympathize or acknowledge or to understand customer reported issues.

their email also says the same exact robotic response

it really took 10 days time for me to decode the actual message reply from ford md helpdesk (write2md) and way to reach them and make them help atleast 25% in my case.

ford knows how to beafup a hatchback sized car amd make it a runaway hit, but what ford doesn't know is how to deal with their dealer and keep up their customers.

like the 30k bookings in 17 days their ia alot of cancellation also happening, fords knows that better than us, but they won't reveal that numbers as its like applying mud on their own face,

at least they can wakeup now to say customer a sorry and patch up the failure part.

even being a big company do they want a customer like me to tell all this

Last edited:
Friends,

We have just created a new petition and we hope you can sign -- it's called: Deliver our Ecosport

This issue is very important to us, and together we can do something about it!

Read more about it and sign it here:
Deliver our Ecosport

Campaigns like this always start small, but they grow when people like us get involved -- please take a second right now to help out by signing and passing it on.

Last edited:
hi,
this is my first post.i got my ford ecosport trend on 12th august and it has run just 200kms.on 26th i went to market,parked the car and when i came back,car's ignition key wont even turn,it was totally jammed and steering was locked too.ford 24/7 helpline was utter useless and next day its steering was opened and "many locks have been changed"dealer says.and car is lying in dealership for last 6 days.
this car has serious quality issues,so please be aware.

That is why they say "be indian buy indian" [;)]. just kidding. I know this is something else.

Thank God I did not book this big hatchback, else would have been waiting like all others. feel sorry for the folks [cry] what I dont understand is the desire of people to buy this "new" model. knowing well that there is long waiting period. really is it worth it? with the waiting period?? & that too for the price it is selling at?

No way !!

Last edited by a moderator:
Why Cancel Ecosport Booking- Give it to someone who can wait

Guys,

This is one of those ideas which may generate fair share of Noise, Heat or thrashing@me( Poor Soul).

However, whats the harm in sharing, so here I go!!!

I have read few people cancelling June/July bookings as they do not want to wait for 3-5 Months waiting period. What if a fellow member can wait for that long?

Why not let the dealer know about the same and 2 of you can manage a transfer or some kind of arrangement.

While it may go against someone who is not on this forum, but then this is not unethical ( Unless someone charges money for the good deed).

Just a thought. Any which way such vehicle will most likely be alloted to someone with references, so its better to lend a hand to someone in need.

Please note , I have no idea if this can work out at ground level. However, as dealers have had transferred X's car to Y in multiple case, I suspect it should be a workable solution.

Sorry, if its gonna hurt anyone on ethical grounds or moral grounds.

Hey Gaurav!! I reckon it won't be possible to transfer bookings because as per what Ford dealers have been saying, bookings can only be transferred between immediate relations. I.e. spouse, kids etc.

Though, if it were possible this would certainly benefit members who want to cancel their bookings and also those who want to book one.

Guys, this is all due to Ford ignorance in terms of distribution. Even the dealers don't have the clear picture of when their lot will be allocated.
But, as far mt experience is concerned, they are clearing prelaunch bookings first & I think have already completed that.
No worries, they have increased their production capacity to about 7500 cars per month
There are constraints for 1.0 engine as that is imported.

I booked on 13th Jun & got delivery on 1st Aug fro 1.0 litre Titanium

Last edited:
Guys, this is all due to Ford ignorance in terms of distribution. Even the dealers don't have the clear picture of when their lot will be allocated.
But, as far mt experience is concerned, they are clearing prelaunch bookings first & I think have already completed that.
No worries, they have increased their production capacity to about 7500 cars per month
There are constraints for 1.0 engine as that is imported.

I booked on 13th Jun & got delivery on 1st Aug fro 1.0 litre Titanium

[gun][rules][thumbswink]..................

Attachments

JD Power Indian auto industry survey results: Ford is 13th out of 14 auto manufacturers surveyed in the Sales Satisfaction Index:

Picture2.jpg

Looking at finer grain details, Ford is ranked again in the bottom half of the group as far as "Delivery Timing" is concerned.

Ratings by Delivery Timing - J.D. Power - India

But Ford did much better in Vehicle Dependability, Figo, Fiesta both in top 4:

VDS.jpg

Hi all,I appreciate the efforts that all of you have put in this thread however I have a query.
At the time booking my dealer gave me a timeframe for the delivery of my car, of 4-5 months from the date of booking and the same is mentioned on my booking receipt.So technically I can't complain for not getting the car early since I agree to this timeframe when I signed on the booking receipt?

Ecosport service and sales satisfaction is going to be make or break for Ford in India. Ford stands to gain by being early mover in compact UV segment, but if there is a trend of dealer malpractices, the stigma will affect Ford's 2014 launches, liike the new Fiesta and new Figo majorly.

The 2014 Fiesta is going to find it hard to compete with Honda City (Diesel will have great demand and the ultimate resale value) and Honda Jazz. Ecosport is one chance for Ford to give a great customer experience and it should at least aim to be in the top half a dozen manufacturers.

Another saga in dealership frauds ...

complaint.jpg

Top Bottom