My Bad Experience At Ertiga Customer Meet: Adhi Maruti @ Coimbatore

Thread Starter #1
Event: Ertiga Customer Meeting & Free Service Camp
Date: 24th August 2013
Venue: Adhi Maruti, Sathi Road, Coimbatore
Time: 9 AM to 5 PM

The camp was supposedly organized for Ertiga owners only. Was also told that new GM was interested in meeting Ertiga owners and get their feedback on the vehicle, dealership experience etc. The car would also get a free general checkup and water wash while we complete the meeting I was told. I was also told no advance booking is required and I could walk-in any time.

I have never been a big fan of service camps & customer meets. But nevertheless, thought of giving a try since CSR who called me kept insisting about all the good things they have planned at the camp and also that invitation was handed over person.

12:05:
I reach the showroom.

12:10:
A guy introduces himself as new "service in-charge" greets me. I check him about the plan, how long would it take etc. The response I kept getting for next 20 minutes was.. "Sir, someone will check-in your vehicle shortly, after which we will proceed for customer meeting". After 20 minutes of standing, I lose my patience and tell him, I am leaving since he doesn't have a clue on the plan and everyone seems to be busy. I also didn't see any signs of arrangements for service camp - for general check up or water wash.

12:30:
Service advisor is assigned. He confirms that it would take at least one hour for the vehicle to be taken for check up and water wash as vehicles were already lined up. Since they didn't have dedicated engineers / service bays to attend the vehicles had to wait for the turn. I refuse to wait and give them mouthful since they had not made any arrangements to handle customer meet vehicles.

12:35:
I decide not to wait in queue for free service and return. The service in-charge guy insists that I attend a small (1 hour !!!) training, about which he was not willing to divulge details. I believe MUL mandates such meets to be organized and training conducted for xxx number of people / month. After 5 minutes frustrated discussion, I decide to check out the agenda for training and next steps.

12:40:
Meeting starts. Session1 - Handled by the new "service in-charge", covered all salsy stuff about Ertiga, the awards it won and different configurations for seating. Come on guys grow up. What is the need for selling the car to a group which has already bought the car? It was a joke. Eventually, another session was planned to teach about checking fluids etc - which decided to skip.

12:45:
I get out of the show room, making a vow not to attend any more customer meets. I was given a gift, which I refused to take.

Not sure if customer meetings happen in similar fashion at other Maruti dealership and towns too.. Just thought of sharing "90 minutes" of weekend time (including to and fro commute) wasted and alert everyone that it is not worth visiting these camps and meetings.

Re: My bad experience at Ertiga Customer Meet - Adhi Maruti @ Coimbatore

Oh that was realy frustrating moment. I don't know about Maruti but once I went for such sessions of ford. I walked away when I felt useless. Instead of marketing their own customers why don't they put a meet for issues and concerns.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: My bad experience at Ertiga Customer Meet - Adhi Maruti @ Coimbatore

It is really frustrating .

Maruti should train their Service engineer & Sales Executives for improvement instead of own customers. I do not have any issue with Sales But i am not satisfied with A*S*S executives. They are really do not have good knowledge of any product.

Thread Starter #5
In fact, whole buying experience from the dealer was not very satisfying. Let me pen it down for benefit of folks considering this dealer. Warning you about the long write-up.

Test drives: For test drive, I had fixed appointment with the dealer and he calls up 5 minutes before scheduled time and requested for TD to be done next day. Since I had some other plan, I denied the same and suggested TD on a later date. Within minutes, I got a call back that they have arranged alternate vehicle and it was brought to my office. Realized while test driving that meters wasn't working for which I was told there could be some loose connection. But after getting down, I realized the Dusky Brown ZDi car wasn't registered and all the plastic covers were also still on. But sales guy insisted that it was TD car only - not unregistered car. However, the suspicion remained.

Vehicle selection: Since I suspected vehicle being used for TD, I insisted to check available vehicles and choose mine. I was told there was only one option available for my color option (G Gray) & I can visit the show room to inspect the vehicle before booking. After reaching show room, I was made to wait for 30 minutes, after which I was given contradicting responses - (1) vehicle is in yard (2) at another showroom within the city. And when I mentioned I am ok to travel there, I was told it might be difficult to arrange inspection at that yard for some logistical reason and was promised vehicle ready for inspection next day.

My suspicion increased because of earlier experience.. Either vehicle might have been taken either for test drive or for sales campaign. Or worst case, they spotted some paint damage and want to fix it before they could let me inspect. However, I agreed to inspect next day and fixed an appointment.

A vehicle was available for inspection - but was not cleaned up that well - both interiors and exteriors were kind of dirty. I was getting furious and Sales manager chipped and mentioned this was a new car which reached show room that day and hence couldn't be cleaned thoroughly. Went back to vehicle again and found some 'chits' inside with Feb 2013 stamps (It was end April then). Sales manager insisted that it was Feb 2013 manufactured vehicle which transits via Bangalore, which is one of the hubs for south and they ship from to dealers only from hubs not from Maruti plant directly. I wasn't really convinced but since Vehicle didn't have any physical damages I finalized the vehicle and paid advance too. Noted the VIN number and decoded it with help of information available in forums. Vehicle was indeed manufactured in Feb 2013 and hence was all set.

Delivery day: All finance related formalities completed in advance and sufficient time was there for registration also and everything went as per plan. On delivery day, fixed up auspicious time for delivery and I was promised just 10 minute formalities for picking up the car. When I was on my way to pick up, I get a call from dealer stating the advance check I had given 10 days back is not cleared yet and I need to get a letter from bank for taking delivery.

Why couldn't they all this when there was so many days lead time. In fact, the same finance guy had confirmed about clearance one day earlier when vehicle was sent for registration. But he insisted that in today's statement there is a difference & I need to get a letter from bank for taking delivery. Had to rush to bank before closing time at 4PM and luckily bank manager was helpful to give an account statement in no time. I fired the finance guy black & blue in front of the whole staff and customer in show room. IMO, he hadn't checked about check clearance on time and just to be safe insisted me getting a statement from the bank.

Some one by name customer service managers interrupted & pacifies me and helps in completing the delivery formalities in no time. Thank him and got back home.

Post delivery: I notice that plastic panel in the boot door is not as shiny as rest of the car and took back the car to dealer next day. I still believe, they had repainted this part in a hurry before my inspection. However customer service manager insisted that some exceptional cases might happen this way and promised rectification of the same in 1000kms service. It was promptly done and now it looks ok (though not 100% perfect)

Apart from, I also claimed back NCB (35%), which I transferred my old car. Needless to say the insurance guy who coordinated did not have any clue about the whole process and acted just like a post man between me and insurance company. However, got back NCB check for around 7.5k in around a month.

I insisted on many occasions through out the cycle to meeting GM / MD and was never able to. Through this customer meet, I was hoping to meet one of them at least, which didn't happen. I am certainly switching the dealer for ongoing service. Thought of sharing my experience for benefit of others in the forum too.

Thank you for your time.

Last edited:
There are many hurting experience in many occasions with Maruti dealers. It just leaves the marks to people no more Maruti in their life. One of the occasion is I booked Ertiga ZDI for my friend about couple of months back in Sai Service, Erragada, Hyderabad. The vehicle is not delivered till now. Last time when I called customer manager, he requested me to talk to sales manager in Sai Service, so I spoke with him and got confirmation that November 15th he will be able to give me at least when the vehicle will be dispatched from Maruti. I patiently waited for two weeks and I called sales manager (his name is Francis) on November 15th to know the dispatch date, but suddenly he started to barking on me because misunderstanding that the vehicle promising date was Nov 15th. He was saying he never promised like that. I was trying to explain him that I asked only the dispatch date but not the delivery of vehicle, he was not ready to listen and kept on barking and finally dropped the call. What a pathetic sales manager from Sai Service. This is my 4th vehicle from Sai Service and decided no more booking to Sai Service, Hyderabad. I checked with sales guy to know when is the vehicle dispatch date and explained him that his sales manager was so rubbish on the call and abruptly disconnected my call without proper response. Sales guy apologized me seriously but still the sales manager pretty much rude mannered communication left the feeling in our hearts. Not sure where to escalate this matter. I am just holding my breath to get Ertiga from Sai Service otherwise it will be delayed much more.

It is really very bad experience with Sai Service manager Francis who did hurt us without polite communication, we are waiting for 2 months but still no response except rude communication from sales manager Francis.

Thread Starter #8
There are many hurting experience in many occasions with Maruti dealers. It just leaves the marks to people no more Maruti in their life. One of the occasion is I booked Ertiga ZDI for my friend about couple of months back in Sai Service, Erragada, Hyderabad. The vehicle is not delivered till now. Last time when I called customer manager, he requested me to talk to sales manager in Sai Service, so I spoke with him and got confirmation that November 15th he will be able to give me at least when the vehicle will be dispatched from Maruti. I patiently waited for two weeks and I called sales manager (his name is Francis) on November 15th to know the dispatch date, but suddenly he started to barking on me because misunderstanding that the vehicle promising date was Nov 15th. He was saying he never promised like that. I was trying to explain him that I asked only the dispatch date but not the delivery of vehicle, he was not ready to listen and kept on barking and finally dropped the call. What a pathetic sales manager from Sai Service. This is my 4th vehicle from Sai Service and decided no more booking to Sai Service, Hyderabad. I checked with sales guy to know when is the vehicle dispatch date and explained him that his sales manager was so rubbish on the call and abruptly disconnected my call without proper response. Sales guy apologized me seriously but still the sales manager pretty much rude mannered communication left the feeling in our hearts. Not sure where to escalate this matter. I am just holding my breath to get Ertiga from Sai Service otherwise it will be delayed much more.

It is really very bad experience with Sai Service manager Francis who did hurt us without polite communication, we are waiting for 2 months but still no response except rude communication from sales manager Francis.
Post the feedback in Ertiga's facebook page and see the difference. Don't be surprised to even see them at your door step within a day within a day.

Give this feedback on their facebook page, also to the maruti's website.
You would see the change on the attitude from them.Many prospective buyers are taken for granted with such replies and attitude which cannot be taken be it either Maruti or any other dealerships.

Top Bottom