Mahindra XUV500 Damaged By Authorized Service Center

Thread Starter #1
Hi guys,

As you can understand by the thread title. My uncle’s new Xuv5OO which was purchased 6-7 month back. 2 weeks back the car went to servicing at the authorize dealer. Our driver was watching the servicing and suddenly a service guy press the accelerator instead of break while the car was on the rack. The car was in back gear and it smash into the wall and the complete rear side if the car got damaged. It damaged very badly.

Now the service center will fix all these by them self and as per the call they will deliver the car most probably in two days. As I’ve a previous idea in one of our car damaged in accident and the repair at ASC, the finishing is neat and clean from paint to everything. But that was a old car and a paid service and this time the issue is different. So please suggest me what steps should be taken in this like situation. If they deliver a neat and clean car and after 6 month due to this damage if any internal issue appear then what? Etc etc

I don’t have any words for these service guys, not only these, all these service peoples. So far in my life what I’ve seen these service peoples damages the cars instead of servicing. Scratches, improper fittings etc.

@ Mod: I don’t know which topics is the right place to post this issue. So please move it accordingly. Thanks

Re: Xuv5OO Damaged during servicing at authorize service center.

So please suggest me what steps should be taken in this like situation. If they deliver a neat and clean car and after 6 month due to this damage if any internal issue appear then what?
It is so bad situation I agree with you about the service technicians. I feel sorry about it.

So now list out each and every component which is damaged and being replaced.
Write to M&M in detail and get an idea about the possible problems in future it could arise because of this. Obviously they will say nothing will happen but ask them to give it in writing.

Also get in writing from them that the Car will look like as good as new after repair.

If they give it then you just relax. If not pursue it in higher level and stop not till you get everything written on paper from them.

Good Luck

Bro,
Get them in writing that if anything happens to your car due to this repair the service center would be responsible for the same.

Thread Starter #4

@ bharathj85 and ManIsBack

Yes it’s a horrible situation, I’m speechless, it’s a 15Lack SUV. Yes I’ve planned for the same to get everything in written paper. And will write an email to M&M in detail. I will visit tomorrow or day after tomorrow to receive the car, lets see what happens.

Just one question, if they deny or try to convince not to provide everything in written then what? Should I wont take the delivery or what? Please suggest?

I am not sure they would give you everything in writing but certainly worth giving it a shot. My suggestion is, you / uncle carry an Incident Report (with reasonable facts) and try to get that signed by them.

@ bharathj85 and ManIsBack

Yes it’s a horrible situation, I’m speechless, it’s a 15Lack SUV. Yes I’ve planned for the same to get everything in written paper. And will write an email to M&M in detail. I will visit tomorrow or day after tomorrow to receive the car, lets see what happens.

Just one question, if they deny or try to convince not to provide everything in written then what? Should I wont take the delivery or what? Please suggest?
Have you made the pics of the damaged car ? If not make it ASAP . Ask them in writing if they don't oblige tell them you will post the pics on leading forum TAI and also email them to mahindra .

Last edited:

As other members suggested, get the pictures of the damaged car.
Second get it in written about the damage done from them and the parts, paint, repair all the list of things they are going to do, parts that would be changed, repairs paints that will go.
Also taking along the warranty claims if the same area part which is repaired or changed occurs issue added into the claims in future out of warranty as well, which they do on their fault, might need to push them.
A mail to Mahindra would surely do the needed push to them regarding the same.

Thread Starter #8

@suhas
Yes will carry the incident report too if the refuse to give everything in details.

@Raja
Basically I was out of city and I heard this after I’m back to home, just few days back. And the car is probably ready now. No Neither I or my uncle was at the spot. Only the driver (very well trusted) was with the car at the service station and surely he didn’t taken any pictures, still I will check. Also I will check with the Service Manager if he had any picture, surely not or neither he will provide any but still I will ask.

Firstly, have a look at the car (if it has returned) and see how well they have done the job. If they have done the job well, simple relax!

Take a letter in writing from them that any further issues related to this accident is their responsibility.

No need to contact M&M at this point.

Thread Starter #10
Hi Guys,

Thank you all for your reply. Finally yesterday receive the Car. However I couldn’t go to the service center due to my work but my uncle and the driver and I sent one of my friend with a letter ready. I wrote a letter on behalf of them and explained what was happened, and mentioned due to this accident all replaced and repaired parts and jobs done, IF any of them appear faulty or require re-servicing in future, those all should be done by their own, NO payment, NO insurance. And ask them to enlist all parts/jobs done and signed by the service manager with a dealer stamp, dealer name/address etc. And they did accordingly. The letter I wrote attached bellow, however I couldn’t attached the original scan copy.

And BTW when it came to home, I checked everything in details and it was perfect, didn’t find any trace. Interior and exterior everything. Even I checked the bottom, its was like new.

========================================================================================================================

Dear Sir/Madam, Date: 31st July 2013

We are sorry to inform you that Mr. ______________________ Car/SUV Mahindra XUV5OO ( Reg. No. WB____________ ) was badly damaged ( Complete Rear portion ) due to an accident at the service center by the Service Engineers due to their negligence or improper handling during a schedule servicing ( 2nd servicing ). And these bellow mentioned parts and jobs done (like Paintings, welding etc if any) or According to Job Card/Invoice/Bill (No. ___________) were repaired/replaced by our own to rectify this mistake.

This letter is to certify that all these mentioned parts and jobs done (Like Paintings, welding etc) OR according to the Job Card/Invoice/Bill (No. ___________) repaired or replaced. IF in future, within the warranty period any of these parts/jobs appears faulty OR IF any of these parts require replacement, repair or servicing OR IF any of above job appear faulty and require re-servicing, those all will be done by our won. Neither the owner of the Car/SUV Mr. Biswajit Guchhait will pay nor these will be done under any insurance claim.

Best regards,

Service Manager
Name/Signeture:____________________
Mahindra Authorize Service Center
Name:
Address:

According to Job Card, Invoice or Bill Number: Or The parts and job done lists:

Thread Starter #12
Its good to hear everything is fine now.
How many days it took complete the repair work?
Is the repair work up to the mark?
Thanks. It took around two weeks when we get back the car. Yes like I said the job was done neat and clean, as I checked. Its looks like that from outside though, how don’t know how about inside. They need to replace the complete rear door/5th door, rear bumper, additional bumper guard, both tail light, small curved glasses rear side etc. And thank god except the rear door the body didn’t damaged. Even I saw both silencer looks new shining, maybe that didn’t require to change.

15 days is too much .Ideally they should have completed within 4 to 5 days on war footing as it didn't involved red tape of police , insurance claim, transportation of the affected car etc.

Anyways , it seems the job is done well.Just check all electrical and electronics are working fine because accidents can cause minute short circuits leading to malfunctions which often go unnoticed .especially if they not checked by the ASS men.

Thread Starter #14
15 days is too much .Ideally they should have completed within 4 to 5 days on war footing as it didn't involved red tape of police , insurance claim, transportation of the affected car etc.

Anyways , it seems the job is done well.Just check all electrical and electronics are working fine because accidents can cause minute short circuits leading to malfunctions which often go unnoticed .especially if they not checked by the ASS men.
Yes I know 15 days is way too long, but don’t have another choice also we use that car rarely. And Yes I will check all electronics equipments. As far as I have got a written document for this incident so don’t worry about anything anymore. If anything happens, its their responsibility. If still no luck, I can complain to higher authority with the hard copy document, which I didn’t so far.

Hi Guys,

Thank you all for your reply. Finally yesterday receive the Car. However I couldn’t go to the service center due to my work but my uncle and the driver and I sent one of my friend with a letter ready. I wrote a letter on behalf of them and explained what was happened, and mentioned due to this accident all replaced and repaired parts and jobs done, IF any of them appear faulty or require re-servicing in future, those all should be done by their own, NO payment, NO insurance. And ask them to enlist all parts/jobs done and signed by the service manager with a dealer stamp, dealer name/address etc. And they did accordingly. The letter I wrote attached bellow, however I couldn’t attached the original scan copy.

And BTW when it came to home, I checked everything in details and it was perfect, didn’t find any trace. Interior and exterior everything. Even I checked the bottom, its was like new.

========================================================================================================================

Dear Sir/Madam, Date: 31st July 2013

We are sorry to inform you that Mr. ______________________ Car/SUV Mahindra XUV5OO ( Reg. No. WB____________ ) was badly damaged ( Complete Rear portion ) due to an accident at the service center by the Service Engineers due to their negligence or improper handling during a schedule servicing ( 2nd servicing ). And these bellow mentioned parts and jobs done (like Paintings, welding etc if any) or According to Job Card/Invoice/Bill (No. ___________) were repaired/replaced by our own to rectify this mistake.

This letter is to certify that all these mentioned parts and jobs done (Like Paintings, welding etc) OR according to the Job Card/Invoice/Bill (No. ___________) repaired or replaced. IF in future, within the warranty period any of these parts/jobs appears faulty OR IF any of these parts require replacement, repair or servicing OR IF any of above job appear faulty and require re-servicing, those all will be done by our won. Neither the owner of the Car/SUV Mr. Biswajit Guchhait will pay nor these will be done under any insurance claim.

Best regards,

Service Manager
Name/Signeture:____________________
Mahindra Authorize Service Center
Name:
Address:

According to Job Card, Invoice or Bill Number: Or The parts and job done lists:
you nailed it brother. awesome letter.!

Top Bottom